Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs 16:58 - Apr 13 with 42669 viewsLord_Bony

You are no doubt aware that a consortium of US investors, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, is interested in acquiring shares in Swansea City football club. There is more information on this in a couple of articles on our website - click to read.

The articles outline the current position as we see it, and there is, of course interest in this ongoing situation across the whole 'Jackarmy' family. We are particularly grateful for your support as a full member of the Supporters Trust and have arranged, at very short notice, a meeting at the Liberty Stadium tomorrow evening (Thursday 14 April) at 7.30. It is difficult to say at this stage if there will be any additional information available at that meeting but we felt it would be an opportunity for members of the Trust Board to bring you up to speed and address any points/questions you may have.

The short notice and location of the meeting will, we appreciate, mean it will be difficult for many of you to attend and we will aim to ensure that you are kept up to date with developments both through the Trust's website and these emails.

Thanks for your support.

The Swans Trust team

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:15 - Apr 13 with 3267 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:00 - Apr 13 by NeathJack

Given the healthy finances of the Trust following the dividend payments, would it be an idea to have a rallying call to join the trust and drop the £10 fee (For the record I renewed a couple of days ago after having let my membership lapse and paid the £10).

There is of course the danger if anyone is allowed to join online without charge that it could be abused by those who wish to undermine the movement so if the Trust still have the details of all previous members who have let their membership lapse then a mailshot or email as an encouragement may help rather than a free for all?

Maybe also on a matchday around the stadium with as many volunteers as can be mustered rather than just the Pod?

Also is it worth considering if possible extending the membership length from just 1 year to 2 or more so there is not a sudden drop off after the first year? Possibly even a lifetime membership?

Just some random thoughts.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2016 22:01]

Given the healthy finances of the Trust following the dividend payments, would it be an idea to have a rallying call to join the trust and drop the £10 fee (For the record I renewed a couple of days ago after having let my membership lapse and paid the £10).

There is of course the danger if anyone is allowed to join online without charge that it could be abused by those who wish to undermine the movement so if the Trust still have the details of all previous members who have let their membership lapse then a mailshot or email as an encouragement may help rather than a free for all?

We couldnt really drop the fee mid year as its not right on those who paid to join as normal. We have done several mailshots during the year to try and drive membership but a new one at the moment may well be worth it

Maybe also on a matchday around the stadium with as many volunteers as can be mustered rather than just the Pod?

Definitely if we can get an army of volunteers

Also is it worth considering if possible extending the membership length from just 1 year to 2 or more so there is not a sudden drop off after the first year? Possibly even a lifetime membership?

My suggestion to the sub group is that we look at utilising the paypal regular payment option to effectively take annual membership fees without the member needing to remember. That and direct debits should help stop memberships lapsing so often
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 22:43 - Apr 13 with 3192 viewsDewi1jack

I'm not an army, but count me in at the stadium.
Will leave Leominster earlier.
Normally down the Riverside when the gates open anyway.

I want my grandkids to have a local club to support, like we all have had.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:19 - Apr 13 with 3122 viewsDafyddHuw

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:01 - Apr 13 by Darran

Scott Sinclairs got a suite named after him?

My reaction too.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:23 - Apr 13 with 3121 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 21:01 - Apr 13 by Darran

Scott Sinclairs got a suite named after him?

In the DFS sale these days, sadly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:27 - Apr 13 with 3113 viewsDafyddHuw

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:23 - Apr 13 by monmouth

Very good.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:35 - Apr 13 with 3095 viewsRogerstone

I'd join the trust

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:36 - Apr 13 with 3090 viewsDarran

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 23:23 - Apr 13 by monmouth

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 00:23 - Apr 14 with 3045 viewsLoyal

In an emergency things happen a lot quicker than Thursday.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 07:49 - Apr 14 with 2909 viewsSwaneeRiver

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 18:04 - Apr 13 by Davillin

A fact not often repeated is that by its remit, the Trust represents ALL Swansea supporters, whether member or not.

However, only paid members may vote or hold office.

There's your reason for joining. I'm sure you'll be able to join on Thursday. Bring money and a smile.

Will there be buckets ?
Will they take cheques ?
Can I pay by Amex ?
In all seriousness I'm sure I paid my membership last summer.
Is it possible to check this and if not is it possible to become a full member before the meeting and then attend ?
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 07:51 - Apr 14 with 2906 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 07:49 - Apr 14 by SwaneeRiver

Will there be buckets ?
Will they take cheques ?
Can I pay by Amex ?
Is it possible to check this and if not is it possible to become a full member before the meeting and then attend ?

The meeting is open to members and non members alike

You can check if you are a member though - drop a mail to info@swanstrust.co.uk with your name and address and Alan will check for you

See you later
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:35 - Apr 14 with 2839 viewsPegojack

Phil, it strikes me that some non members and lapsed members may be thinking "I want to join, but I'm going to have to fork out ten quid now, then fork out another ten in July when the new membership year rolls around."
Couldn't the Trust do a reduced three month membership for the remainder of the 2015/16 membership year?
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 08:40 - Apr 14 with 2834 viewsSwansNZ

Will there be buckets ?
Will they take cheques ?
Can I pay by Amex ?

You could check your bank/credit card - check August.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:22 - Apr 14 with 2784 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Will there be buckets ?
Will they take cheques ?
Can I pay by Amex ?

Full members had an email inviting them to attend.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:36 - Apr 14 with 2769 viewsBorojack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:22 - Apr 14 by Joe_bradshaw

Full members had an email inviting them to attend.

Emergency trust meeting tonight and nothing from our board to inform supporters of whats going on with the proposed sale.
What the fck has happened to our club.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:46 - Apr 14 with 2752 viewsLoyal

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:36 - Apr 14 by Borojack

Emergency trust meeting tonight and nothing from our board to inform supporters of whats going on with the proposed sale.

I suppose we could always have a full on fcking riot and go across the pitch at the cnts 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:49 - Apr 14 with 2443 viewsjohnlangy

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 07:51 - Apr 14 by Phil_S

The meeting is open to members and non members alike

You can check if you are a member though - drop a mail to info@swanstrust.co.uk with your name and address and Alan will check for you

See you later

The question I'd like asked Phil is would it make sense for the Trust to sell all it's shares so that there's around £20 million in the bank for when/if things go pear shaped again.

If the buyers ARE looking to sell the Club on for profit they'd make more profit by owning all the shares so may be happy to buy the Trust's.
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 10:13 - Apr 14 with 2409 viewsHighjack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 09:36 - Apr 14 by Borojack

Quite. We are now officially in the same boat as every other club.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 11:17 - Apr 14 with 2339 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 10:13 - Apr 14 by Highjack

Quite. We are now officially in the same boat as every other club.

Bollox. It's not just another football club. I've got the proof, it says so on my season ticket box.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:00 - Apr 14 with 2274 viewsDafyddHuw

Can anyone from the Trust who is in contact with Board members ask why their valuation of the club is so low?
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:26 - Apr 14 with 2241 viewsStarsky

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:00 - Apr 14 by DafyddHuw

Can anyone from the Trust who is in contact with Board members ask why their valuation of the club is so low?

The lower the better for us. Then they'll have more money left in their wallets to invest perhaps

It's just the internet, init.

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:33 - Apr 14 with 2225 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:26 - Apr 14 by Starsky

The lower the better for us. Then they'll have more money left in their wallets to invest perhaps

Plus no one's offering more

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:53 - Apr 14 with 2185 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:33 - Apr 14 by monmouth

Or another party is willing to offer more per share but buying less shares (which means the lottery win for some Directors is smaller and in two stages).

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:33 - Apr 14 with 2129 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 12:33 - Apr 14 by monmouth

Bingo. Not sure why anyone is getting hung up on the price people are selling their shares at. It's irrelevant. The club doesn't see a penny of it.

On the Trust sale thing mentioned elsewhere, there's only so many times anyone can say the Trust hasn't received an offer for its stake. Plus, as mentioned previously, it's a decision that can only be done through a full consultation with the Members.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 13:33]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:51 - Apr 14 with 2086 viewsMattG

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:33 - Apr 14 by Uxbridge

Bingo. Not sure why anyone is getting hung up on the price people are selling their shares at. It's irrelevant. The club doesn't see a penny of it.

On the Trust sale thing mentioned elsewhere, there's only so many times anyone can say the Trust hasn't received an offer for its stake. Plus, as mentioned previously, it's a decision that can only be done through a full consultation with the Members.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2016 13:33]

I've heard "drag-along rights" being mentioned elsewhere - assume these don't apply to the Trust?
Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 14:02 - Apr 14 with 2069 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust Emergency Meeting Thurs on 13:51 - Apr 14 by MattG

I've heard "drag-along rights" being mentioned elsewhere - assume these don't apply to the Trust?

Nope, and there's been no offer to the Trust for its stake.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024