Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May 21:55 - Jan 17 with 5990 viewsKilkennyjack

Worst PM ever ?

Unelected, charmless, and generally clueless.

Hard Brexit now, when she was a remainer.

Wales is screwed.
Well done to the morons who voted out.

Beware of the Risen People

May on 01:43 - Jan 18 with 1733 viewsEbo

Off Twitter:

Here’s the May strategy in full, in case you missed it.

"I want access to your snooker club but I won't pay for entry. I'll need to borrow your cues. And I want to play pool instead"

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

May on 07:03 - Jan 18 with 1671 viewsdailew

May on 00:27 - Jan 18 by Groo

Aye, and I do believe that was the result of a war some 20 years earlier which put us near bankruptcy, similar had happened in other periods due to war, the most famous being the 7 year war which was started by the American colonies and with a result that most benefited the American colonies who then took advantage of the weak Britain to gain independance.

In the 1970's Britain was still recovering from WW2 and adapting to the post colonial world. Britain didn't have the assistance to rebuild that other European countries had.

Didn't Britain get more from the Marshall Plan than Germany?

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

May on 07:17 - Jan 18 with 1658 viewsDDCH

This thread is a remain digital circle jerk

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

May on 07:31 - Jan 18 with 1636 viewsdickythorpe

Christ when will people wake up??? It didn't matter one jot whether we remained or left!!!
We are ruled by awful politicians, and have been for decades.
May on 08:00 - Jan 18 with 1614 viewslonglostjack

May on 07:03 - Jan 18 by dailew

Didn't Britain get more from the Marshall Plan than Germany?

Yes. Deluded then deluded now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/modern/marshall_01.shtml

Plus ça change !
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 8:18]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

May on 08:13 - Jan 18 with 1601 viewsAnotherJohn

May on 23:52 - Jan 17 by rock1n

This is the sort of post/opinion that drives me up the wall. The very point the poster is making is directly contridicted by the evidence. Young EU citizens are indeed net benefiticial to the Country. If you want to question the financial benefit of migrants then the concerns should focus on not eu migrants. By reducing young migrant mobile labour from eu we've basically added a few years onto our working lives. I wish people would actually look into things and not just what the red tops tell them.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 23:53]

That was the pattern before the A8 accessions, but it may have changed.

"What stands out here is that EU migrants are most predominant in the low skilled Elementary and Operative occupations (...) Figure 4 makes evident that immigration has grown across most occupations, with the sharpest rise in the lowest skill occupations (Elementary jobs). To give a sense of this relativity, the immigrant-native ratio for managers grew by 6 percentage points between 1992—94 and 2012—14, whereas it grew by 28 percentage points in elementary jobs over the same period.

These changes mean the pattern of immigration across occupations has changed
dramatically over the past two decades. In the early 1990s, we described the pattern of
immigration across occupation as having a shallow U-shape, being high at the top and
bottom skill levels than in middle skilled occupations. But in recent years, the pattern of
immigration across occupations tends to be higher in lower skilled jobs."

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/research/Documents/workingpapers/2015/swp574.pd

Given that the IFS suggests that a household (on average) needs an income of over £35K p.a. before it makes a net fiscal contribution, lower-paid workers are less likely to pay more tax than they receive in in-work benefits/services.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 8:25]
May on 08:41 - Jan 18 with 1560 viewsjacktar

May on 22:38 - Jan 17 by rock1n

Why is that of any relevance? And no I'm not.

If you look at the history of the EU right back to the early days we were pleading for years to get into the club.

People don't want to look before the last decade with higher levels of inward migration from those horrible Eastern block Countries aye .. when it comes to the crunch it's all about migrants as it is with everything.

But it was a much different "club" back then when we voted as a nation to join.
On immigration, we've been unable to control migrants from outside EU for donkey's years so I'm not sure how we will fare controlling migration from EU after we leave to be honest.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

May on 08:55 - Jan 18 with 1544 viewsClinton

May on 22:27 - Jan 17 by rock1n

Every PM that's ever been within months by many is considered worst PM ever, it's such a cliche.

On the overall points made regarding Europe, yes it's strategically a bad idea, but when the whole EU debate was centred around immigration only hard brexit was ever really going to happen.

Of course this will mean less ease of business with 500m on our doorstep, less opportunities to live and travel in Europe, likelihood of lessening of employee protections and reduced spending on deprived areas. But it's fine, we'll have less foreigners. So it's quid pro quo.

You get less quids per quo now we've Voted for Brexit.
1.2 to the dollar now. It's going to make my next trip to the States expensive. It was 1.6 when I last went.
Not May's fault mind. She's been opportunistic in grabbing Prime Minister post. Making a decent fist of a difficult job IMHO. Dai Cam put us in this position he should be hung by the privates.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

May on 09:01 - Jan 18 with 1529 viewsperchrockjack

A paragon of honestly compared with the lying filth that was Harold Wilson

lovely underwear too

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

May on 09:32 - Jan 18 with 1509 viewssherpajacob

May on 22:12 - Jan 17 by BigPhilG

Taking back control of our borders
Making and living by our laws
Making trade deals with whoever we want
Us controlling immigration

Yeah all terrible ideas

Taking back control of our borders - except she wants a free travel area with Eire, Maginot line borders at work there

Making and living by our laws - except our senior judges are enemies of the people

Making trade deals with whoever we want - except the biggest trading block on our doorstep.

Us controlling immigration - TM didn't control non EU immigration before when she was home secretary. How will she do it now.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

May on 09:41 - Jan 18 with 1501 viewsGB11

The conservative party had/have the mandate, not cameron.

"Morons" and you don't even understand our own political system.
May on 09:42 - Jan 18 with 1499 viewsMorfa_Same

May is a massively unprincipled woman and not to be trusted. Both her and Boris Johnson spoke out against Brexit before seeing an opportunity to further their careers and jumping on board. They are well aware of the damage it will do but have put their own interests before the good of the country. At least Farage actually believes in Brexit, the dribbling loon.
May on 09:58 - Jan 18 with 1475 viewsGreatBritton

May on 09:42 - Jan 18 by Morfa_Same

May is a massively unprincipled woman and not to be trusted. Both her and Boris Johnson spoke out against Brexit before seeing an opportunity to further their careers and jumping on board. They are well aware of the damage it will do but have put their own interests before the good of the country. At least Farage actually believes in Brexit, the dribbling loon.

Well said, sir.
May on 10:02 - Jan 18 with 1463 viewsdickythorpe

If there had been an "unsure" box in this referendum- I'm sure that would have won.
Now that would have put the country in a far worse state of the dithering uncertainty than it is now (if that were possible)
May on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 1456 viewsLoyal

She will appeal to many on her stance. She speaks well, has no personality granted but is steering the country in the right direction as far as the majority of leavers are concerned.
It doesn't matter if the person is a tw@t if they give people what they want they take it.
An unelected anti public services prime minister who sees the south of engkand a a priority. For the bigoted idiot, what's not to like.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

May on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 1648 viewsGB11

May on 09:42 - Jan 18 by Morfa_Same

It is happening across the board. Corbyns changed his tune.

As with any politician they'll slander the opposition, hoping for the countries downfall for their own gain.
May on 10:27 - Jan 18 with 1626 viewsHighjack

Wow. The negativity on this thread is astounding. Project fear might not have won enough votes but it lives on in a lot of people's hearts.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

May on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 1615 viewslonglostjack

May on 10:27 - Jan 18 by Highjack

Wow. The negativity on this thread is astounding. Project fear might not have won enough votes but it lives on in a lot of people's hearts.

Remoaners, Project Fear, take back control, let's rubbish an argument with a good slogan. Works every time.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

May on 10:32 - Jan 18 with 1608 viewsKGriz16

I still can't believe people in Wales voted for BREXIT. Unbelieavable. Wales smaller towns and cities will forever be sh*t holes now. A colleague of mine from Merthyr (of all places) voted for Brexit, and when I challenge him on why he did so; he claims because it's better for Britain, but when I asked but how much Euro money has been pumped into the revenevation of Merthyr town centre; he can't answer me. I think the majority of votes, in my opinion, have been through scare tactics and underlying racism. Truth be told, I just can't believe people voted for it.
May on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 1580 viewsHighjack

May on 10:32 - Jan 18 by KGriz16

I still can't believe people in Wales voted for BREXIT. Unbelieavable. Wales smaller towns and cities will forever be sh*t holes now. A colleague of mine from Merthyr (of all places) voted for Brexit, and when I challenge him on why he did so; he claims because it's better for Britain, but when I asked but how much Euro money has been pumped into the revenevation of Merthyr town centre; he can't answer me. I think the majority of votes, in my opinion, have been through scare tactics and underlying racism. Truth be told, I just can't believe people voted for it.

People grossly overestimate how much Wales actually gets. We've received a total of £14 billion off the EU since 2000, take away what we've paid in and that number is a lot smaller. The Assembly budget alone is over £15b a year so the eu money is small fry.

It is time for the politicians of Wales, particularly those in the assembly to stand up and be counted. They have hid behind Brussels and Westminster for far too long. You mention the infrastructure in towns like Merthyr? Small towns that will forever be shitholes? Well that's the Welsh assembly's responsibility, yet they are hell bent on funnelling all available funds into Cardiff.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

May on 12:58 - Jan 18 with 1522 viewsdickythorpe

May on 10:32 - Jan 18 by KGriz16

And things were just swell as they were?
May on 13:50 - Jan 18 with 1492 viewsLeonWasGod

May on 12:58 - Jan 18 by dickythorpe

And things were just swell as they were?

Blimey no. Far from it and that's why people have spoken - although I can't help thinking they've laid the blame at the wrong door. We'll see I suppose, eventually.
May on 13:51 - Jan 18 with 1491 viewsLeonWasGod

The lady's not for turning, much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38653681
May on 13:55 - Jan 18 with 1486 viewssherpajacob

May on 22:30 - Jan 17 by Groo

My word, what did Britain do for those hundred's of years outside of the EU?

Britain must have been very poor and useless is all I can think.

In the years between being able to send a gunboat and joining the common market,
Yes Britain was pretty poor and useless.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

May on 14:02 - Jan 18 with 1477 viewsBarrySwan

May on 22:38 - Jan 17 by rock1n

Why is that of any relevance? And no I'm not.

If you look at the history of the EU right back to the early days we were pleading for years to get into the club.

People don't want to look before the last decade with higher levels of inward migration from those horrible Eastern block Countries aye .. when it comes to the crunch it's all about migrants as it is with everything.

Fair play

Given that the EU didn't come into existence until 1993 whoever 'we are' must have been rather psychic as we joined the ECC in 1973.

Which as you might recall was pitched to the British population as a common market trading block which is what it was.

Given that there was no such thing as a European parliament even until 1979 then quite clearly the whole edifice bore little or no resemblance to the entity that the British voting public voted to join.

Perhaps the whining, whinging, stamping their little feet remoaners might like to remember that perhaps we should have been asked as to whether we wished to be governed by a European parliament with the aim of ever closer political Union before being forced into such an arrangement without a further vote.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024