Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Lions tour page 09:28 - May 31 with 21796 viewsshandyjack

can't bloody wait for this to start, for some reason i fancy a tight 2-1 defeat for the Lions but expect some very tight matches.

What do people see being the starting line up (baring the obvious injuries) going into the first test

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 08:06 - Jul 9 with 653 viewstrampie

Breaking the Lions players into groups based on their nationalities it was the Welsh that did the best, which is usually the case.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Official Lions tour page on 08:23 - Jul 9 with 639 viewsjack247

Official Lions tour page on 08:06 - Jul 9 by trampie

Breaking the Lions players into groups based on their nationalities it was the Welsh that did the best, which is usually the case.

That would matter if it was the six nations, it doesn't now.
Official Lions tour page on 08:45 - Jul 9 with 627 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 06:03 - Jul 9 by jack247

Christ, you're off your bitter little tits.

It's like Dwight suddenly got into rugby

Dwight can spell.
Official Lions tour page on 08:46 - Jul 9 with 626 viewstrampie

It matters as much as any other MOTM type observations matter.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Official Lions tour page on 09:58 - Jul 9 with 598 viewsBytholWyn

Official Lions tour page on 04:12 - Jul 9 by SwansNZ

I didn’t notice that, but it would be a scrum on the half-way line not a penalty.

I don't claim to have a good knowledge of RU rules, and I'm aware that if the ball fails to carry 10 yards from the kick-off or goes into touch it's a scrum on half-way. But surely, an offside should yield a penalty - given that it's a form of cheating? Was Read's offside any better than Owen's? I think not.

But whatever the rules, Ken Owens' offside was immaterial - and the NZ supporters have no grounds for complaint.
Official Lions tour page on 10:21 - Jul 9 with 580 viewsSwansNZ

Official Lions tour page on 09:58 - Jul 9 by BytholWyn

I don't claim to have a good knowledge of RU rules, and I'm aware that if the ball fails to carry 10 yards from the kick-off or goes into touch it's a scrum on half-way. But surely, an offside should yield a penalty - given that it's a form of cheating? Was Read's offside any better than Owen's? I think not.

But whatever the rules, Ken Owens' offside was immaterial - and the NZ supporters have no grounds for complaint.

I don't know if Read was in front off the kickof or not, but he was not offside. For a kickoff (and 22 dropout), all the team have to be behind the kicker. If they are not, it's an incorrect kickoff and a scrum is awarded.

Owens was indeed offside, the ref eventually decided it was accidental, punishable by conceding a scrum.

NZ supporters probably do have reason to feel aggrieved. If that had happened to the Lions, I'd be bloody mad. Of course, that makes it even better.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Lions tour page on 10:28 - Jul 9 with 571 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 11:26 - Jul 9 with 553 viewsBytholWyn

I stand corrected on the penalty for offside at the kick-off (although why it's deemed a less serious offence than offside in any other situation God only knows). But judge for yourselves whether Read was offside. Unfortunately, the camera zooms in on Barrett at the kick-off, and only pans out to show Read a fraction of a second after the kick has been taken. But at that stage you can clearly see that Read (far right) is 2 or so metre ahead of the kick, having been taken inside the NZ half.

[IMG] http://i65.tinypic.com/2rw54io.png[/IMG]

Had Read not been offside he would never have got close to Williams to interfere with his catch. So all the talk about whether or not Owens was accidentally or fully offside is immaterial.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 11:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Official Lions tour page on 11:49 - Jul 9 with 541 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 11:26 - Jul 9 by BytholWyn

I stand corrected on the penalty for offside at the kick-off (although why it's deemed a less serious offence than offside in any other situation God only knows). But judge for yourselves whether Read was offside. Unfortunately, the camera zooms in on Barrett at the kick-off, and only pans out to show Read a fraction of a second after the kick has been taken. But at that stage you can clearly see that Read (far right) is 2 or so metre ahead of the kick, having been taken inside the NZ half.

[IMG] http://i65.tinypic.com/2rw54io.png[/IMG]

Had Read not been offside he would never have got close to Williams to interfere with his catch. So all the talk about whether or not Owens was accidentally or fully offside is immaterial.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 11:27]

The ref called the situation a compromise has Read's challenge on Williams was deemed inconclusive by the officials and Owens offside was also claimed as accidental and instinctive, with those views taken into account it was probably the correct call.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Lions tour page on 11:53 - Jul 9 with 537 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 11:49 - Jul 9 by max936

The ref called the situation a compromise has Read's challenge on Williams was deemed inconclusive by the officials and Owens offside was also claimed as accidental and instinctive, with those views taken into account it was probably the correct call.

Official Lions tour page on 11:57 - Jul 9 with 534 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 11:53 - Jul 9 by trampie

Just for you then, we'll take the first infringement, Reeds challenge on Williams, Penalty to the Lions it is then, Happy?

Probably not hey???

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024