Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Lions tour page 09:28 - May 31 with 21802 viewsshandyjack

can't bloody wait for this to start, for some reason i fancy a tight 2-1 defeat for the Lions but expect some very tight matches.

What do people see being the starting line up (baring the obvious injuries) going into the first test

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 21:45 - Jul 1 with 950 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 21:30 - Jul 1 by phact0rri

I agree that Vinopola's hit should have been red. However, that makes the yellow card controversial, not the previous nailed on red NZ received..

So you think both should have seen red.

I thought that Vinopola's was more of a nailed on red than SBW was.
I have no issue with SBW getting a red, I thought 66/33 in favour of yellow but no issue with a red.
Things continued to favour the Lions after that, the ref has been the best regards in the world for years and had a good game but the big decisions nearly all went the Lions way, it happens, I have championed him on the rugby website I post on for years as if he thinks the favourites and or home team transgress he will pin them, there is hardly a ref in football or rugby will do that, having said that the ref for the final test is the next best for being prepared to penalise the favorite/home team.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Official Lions tour page on 21:45 - Jul 1 with 947 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 21:43 - Jul 1 by Joe_bradshaw

When the Kiwis are not whinging about the red you know it's justified.

Yeah but an Aussie bloke on the internet said it wasn't, mun.

Do keep up!
Official Lions tour page on 21:49 - Jul 1 with 937 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 21:43 - Jul 1 by Joe_bradshaw

When the Kiwis are not whinging about the red you know it's justified.

It's a game with them, they are not moaning because they expect to win next week by a landslide.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Official Lions tour page on 21:52 - Jul 1 with 925 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 21:35 - Jul 1 by SwansNZ

They don't know rugby union though.

The Sky NZ commentary team said it was a certain red card as did all the after match pundits and every media source I’ve read here. None of them are neutral though, like your sources.

Believe me, if there was any doubt, we’d not hear the last of it down here. They still go on about Wayne Barnes costing them the 2007 world cup.

Vunipola is a stupid player, probably lucky he didn’t rally catch Barrett full on. Yellow was fair.

The ref gave NZ more than their fair share of penalties. Taylor late on Farrell let go only for Vunipola get done for exactly the same thing 2 minutes later.

Lions deserved their win, no matter it was against 14, they controlled most of the game, even before the red card and NZ really never looked like scoring a try.

Un Zud do those clear outs of rucks in every single game, and Little Willie Williams knew exactly what he was doing the dirty shit. Just thought he'd get away with it as per usual. That was one of the bravest and fairest refereeing performances I've ever seen, even in the face of a bent TMO. Well done the Frog.

Next week the Lions will be crushed if Gatland insists on Murray/Sexton/Farrell though. Webb/Farrell/Teo is the boyo, although I could live with Murray. Sexton should have to swim home, he's been so gash. Oh look, another loop around ending 20 yards behind the gainliine. They'll never expect it again! Bigger on the bench. Mako needs a rocket up his arse too. Nearly lost the game on his own. I'd still pick him though.

Anyway, fantastic win, no matter what needs to be worked on or the sending off, beating those f*****s is never easy as it's the main focus of existence down there isn't it? Feels good. Beat them next week and there'll be a national day of mourning. Go on Gatland the Clown, Make it so.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 21:54]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official Lions tour page on 22:07 - Jul 1 with 886 viewstrampie

French refs are far and away the best in rugby in recent years, Berdos, Poite, Garces spring to mind.

Official Lions tour page on 22:28 - Jul 1 with 861 viewstrampie

Just read Patrick McKendry article in the NZ herald, it's obvious what the All Blacks think and what they say in public will be two different things.

Official Lions tour page on 23:12 - Jul 1 with 831 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 22:28 - Jul 1 by trampie

Just read Patrick McKendry article in the NZ herald, it's obvious what the All Blacks think and what they say in public will be two different things.

Official Lions tour page on 23:28 - Jul 1 with 811 viewstrampie

If you read the article that is what the author is saying.

Login to get fewer ads

Official Lions tour page on 23:32 - Jul 1 with 807 viewsraynor94

Official Lions tour page on 22:28 - Jul 1 by trampie

Leave it go you ignoramus, it was a straight red full stop

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Official Lions tour page on 00:26 - Jul 2 with 782 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 23:28 - Jul 1 by trampie

If you read the article that is what the author is saying.

Christ - are you really that fûcking dim?
Official Lions tour page on 05:13 - Jul 2 with 743 viewsphact0rri

Official Lions tour page on 21:45 - Jul 1 by trampie

So you think both should have seen red.

I thought that Vinopola's was more of a nailed on red than SBW was.
I have no issue with SBW getting a red, I thought 66/33 in favour of yellow but no issue with a red.
Things continued to favour the Lions after that, the ref has been the best regards in the world for years and had a good game but the big decisions nearly all went the Lions way, it happens, I have championed him on the rugby website I post on for years as if he thinks the favourites and or home team transgress he will pin them, there is hardly a ref in football or rugby will do that, having said that the ref for the final test is the next best for being prepared to penalise the favorite/home team.

Yes they both should have been red, and I also agree the Lion's got a lot of things going their way-- but the ref was really just giving anything away last night, its not that NZ didn't have a lion's share of penalties awarded. But we have to admit that the Lion's winning , means that the third test is going to have an increased viewership and its going to make for a rather tense test match. And one can think the ref had a bonus going his way for a Lion's win.. who knows.

I am now much more excited for the third match myself. Might even have to cancel the usually D&D night as it airs at 00:30 here.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Official Lions tour page on 06:38 - Jul 2 with 719 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 05:13 - Jul 2 by phact0rri

Yes they both should have been red, and I also agree the Lion's got a lot of things going their way-- but the ref was really just giving anything away last night, its not that NZ didn't have a lion's share of penalties awarded. But we have to admit that the Lion's winning , means that the third test is going to have an increased viewership and its going to make for a rather tense test match. And one can think the ref had a bonus going his way for a Lion's win.. who knows.

I am now much more excited for the third match myself. Might even have to cancel the usually D&D night as it airs at 00:30 here.

It is good for interest in the game that the Lions won to square the series and that the series is going to go down to the final test, it would also be good for game if the Lions win next week (Lions being competitive will quiet calls by English club owners to disband the Lions).

Official Lions tour page on 06:44 - Jul 2 with 715 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Official Lions tour page on 23:12 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

No. Trampie's like that hospital Porter in "Hospital people", you know, the one who hears what the spirits are saying. Must be able to read minds too then.
Saying that I think he's got a touch if the Ivan Brackenburys about him as well ........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Official Lions tour page on 06:51 - Jul 2 with 710 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 06:44 - Jul 2 by Brynmill_Jack

No. Trampie's like that hospital Porter in "Hospital people", you know, the one who hears what the spirits are saying. Must be able to read minds too then.
Saying that I think he's got a touch if the Ivan Brackenburys about him as well ........

McKendry doesn't have to read mind's to know what they think.

Official Lions tour page on 08:10 - Jul 2 with 675 viewstrampie

English front row players Sinkler and Vinopola were well up for it, I wonder what that was all about......hmm, like raving banshee's.

Official Lions tour page on 08:45 - Jul 2 with 664 viewsSwansNZ

Sonny Bill banned for 4 weeks. Controversial or what?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Lions tour page on 08:51 - Jul 2 with 655 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 08:45 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

Sonny Bill banned for 4 weeks. Controversial or what?

Expected, what about the Lions backrow forward, has he been cited yet ?

Official Lions tour page on 08:55 - Jul 2 with 649 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Sean O'Briens hearing today for striking an opponent
Official Lions tour page on 08:58 - Jul 2 with 641 viewsSwansNZ

Official Lions tour page on 08:51 - Jul 2 by trampie

Expected, what about the Lions backrow forward, has he been cited yet ?

Yes, O'Brien is up soon. Should get off with it, but they'll probably give him a week or two.

Official Lions tour page on 08:59 - Jul 2 with 635 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 08:55 - Jul 2 by exiledinenglandjack

Sean O'Briens hearing today for striking an opponent

Oh he has been cited then, wonder what the verdict will be ?

Official Lions tour page on 09:42 - Jul 2 with 616 viewsCooperman

Official Lions tour page on 08:58 - Jul 2 by SwansNZ

Yes, O'Brien is up soon. Should get off with it, but they'll probably give him a week or two.

He shouldn't pick up a ban for that.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Official Lions tour page on 09:46 - Jul 2 with 605 viewsmonmouth

Official Lions tour page on 09:42 - Jul 2 by Cooperman

He shouldn't pick up a ban for that.

No chance of Irish biscuits and sorry soir carrying the day on this committee, so let's hope they see it as what it was, bugger all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official Lions tour page on 10:53 - Jul 2 with 580 viewsmax936

Official Lions tour page on 09:46 - Jul 2 by monmouth

No chance of Irish biscuits and sorry soir carrying the day on this committee, so let's hope they see it as what it was, bugger all.

What did he O'Brien do? I thought I saw him drop is head on the back of that centre who came on after SBW saw Red, it was just as a ruck was breaking up, but I'm notsure, was that the incident?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Lions tour page on 11:03 - Jul 2 with 574 viewsSwansNZ

Official Lions tour page on 10:53 - Jul 2 by max936

What did he O'Brien do? I thought I saw him drop is head on the back of that centre who came on after SBW saw Red, it was just as a ruck was breaking up, but I'm notsure, was that the incident?

Swinging arm on Naholo, as he went into a tackle/ruck after Naholo took a kickoff. Nothing in it really.

Official Lions tour page on 11:05 - Jul 2 with 569 viewsSwansNZ

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024