Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Lions tour page 09:28 - May 31 with 21803 viewsshandyjack

can't bloody wait for this to start, for some reason i fancy a tight 2-1 defeat for the Lions but expect some very tight matches.

What do people see being the starting line up (baring the obvious injuries) going into the first test

Poll: Expectation for the season

Official Lions tour page on 12:38 - Jul 1 with 882 viewstrampie

NZ the better team, Lions lucky Garces was the ref.

English players as a group apart from Itoje were poor for the second test running.

SBW unlucky to see red, Vinopola lucky not to see red, no action taken against a Lion for what looked like a hit resulting in NZ losing a player.
Lions also lucky the NZ kicker had an off day.

NZ usually get the rub of the green today they didn't.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 13:37]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Official Lions tour page on 12:49 - Jul 1 with 859 viewsraynor94

Official Lions tour page on 12:38 - Jul 1 by trampie

English players as a group apart from Itoje were poor for the second test running.

SBW unlucky to see red, Vinopola lucky not to see red, no action taken against a Lion for what looked like a hit resulting in NZ losing a player.

Scores on the doors, full stop

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Official Lions tour page on 12:58 - Jul 1 with 853 viewsmax936

SBW unlucky to see red, really? it was an awful challenge he could have done serious damage to Watson's face easily that's what you call lucky, What incident are you referring to regarding Vunipola?

75% of the game belonged to the Lions, I really can't see where you are coming from. as for Garces he was far better for both sides than last week.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Lions tour page on 13:09 - Jul 1 with 843 viewsdickythorpe

I won't sound like a child in a playground here but I'm delighted the "Sonny Bill" circus will be silent now. That was a typical All Black cheap shot and was dealt with correctly.
The rules are clear, very clear when it comes to shoulders making contact with no attempt to wrap your arms around the opposing player you are trying to tackle. (It was a charge not a tackle attempt)
Maybe his ego will become more rounded now.

Anyway for the most part it was not a "classic". It's hard to analyse, but we took our chances.We stopped them from scoring early so they didn't get any momentum, they missed some kick able penalties, it all breeds confidence to an opposing side.

Gatland has his critics, including me at times, but he gambled and had the balls to make changes that many, many experts didn't agree with or see coming.
This Lions squad has some very intelligent and focussed individuals. They are ambitious and very fit.
Next week is a chance to go down in history, they wiil be loving it as will the All Blacks who will never back down from a challenge.
The travelling support has been amazing - whoever said the Lions is over as a concept as got it spectacularly wrong.
Official Lions tour page on 13:13 - Jul 1 with 835 viewsunion_jack

Jeez you don't half spout some shite at times.

That was the clearest example of a red card you'll see, yet you think it was marginal.

Again, you point out the English players at fault. They are British and Irish so take those particular glasses off. You've got a chip on your shoulder the size of the `Grand `Canyon and it's sad to see.

Half agree with Vinupola however. He was lucky not to get a yellow for his late charge on the NZ player and was justifiably carded for the next offence. Only ever a yellow. Gatland should have replaced him after that first serious offence though as he was an accident waiting to happen.

And yes, I said previously, we were lucky that they didn't kick well today. I sense you are more gutted than most about that though.

I seriously hope you won't be in the trenches with me should it ever be required!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Official Lions tour page on 13:14 - Jul 1 with 833 viewstrampie

Watson run into him putting his head down from close range, SBW had little time to put his arms around him as a token gesture.
I thought 66.66 percent yellow and 33.33 red.
Vinopola lined up Barrett who was off the ball and on the floor, he went in like a torpedo red card for me.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Official Lions tour page on 13:18 - Jul 1 with 821 viewstrampie

Will the Lions player that hit the All Black that put him out of the game be cited ?

I thought the award of the winning penalty was a bit harsh on NZ as well.

Lions lucky they had Garces, next week they could not do much better either.

Official Lions tour page on 13:31 - Jul 1 with 805 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 13:18 - Jul 1 by trampie

Will the Lions player that hit the All Black that put him out of the game be cited ?

I thought the award of the winning penalty was a bit harsh on NZ as well.

Lions lucky they had Garces, next week they could not do much better either.

Sontackling a player like that when he is off the ground should not be a penalty. Are you that anti-British? It was a penalty. Not a harsh one but a clear cut penalty.

Only you could even start to think otherwise.

Login to get fewer ads

Official Lions tour page on 13:34 - Jul 1 with 804 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 13:09 - Jul 1 by dickythorpe

I won't sound like a child in a playground here but I'm delighted the "Sonny Bill" circus will be silent now. That was a typical All Black cheap shot and was dealt with correctly.
The rules are clear, very clear when it comes to shoulders making contact with no attempt to wrap your arms around the opposing player you are trying to tackle. (It was a charge not a tackle attempt)

Anyway for the most part it was not a "classic". It's hard to analyse, but we took our chances.We stopped them from scoring early so they didn't get any momentum, they missed some kick able penalties, it all breeds confidence to an opposing side.

Gatland has his critics, including me at times, but he gambled and had the balls to make changes that many, many experts didn't agree with or see coming.
This Lions squad has some very intelligent and focussed individuals. They are ambitious and very fit.
Next week is a chance to go down in history, they wiil be loving it as will the All Blacks who will never back down from a challenge.
The travelling support has been amazing - whoever said the Lions is over as a concept as got it spectacularly wrong.

Did you think that Vinopola hit on a prone Barrett off the ball was a red ?,
Watson was the ball carrier running at SBW off the back of a breakdown situation and the reason their heads did not clash was Watson dropped his head.

Do you think the Lion that hit the All Black with a cheap shot that resulted in him failing a HAI should be cited ?

Do you think the award of the winning pen was harsh ?

Vinopola also hit Barrett well after the ball had gone, somebody had a NZ player round the neck and only a penalty was awarded.

Can you see the Lions winning next week unless they play against 14 men after 20 mins and get the rub of the green again on the major decisions and the NZ kicker has another off day, is there any other way they can win ?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 13:41]

Official Lions tour page on 14:00 - Jul 1 with 783 viewsdickythorpe

Have a nice afternoon Trampie. It's lovely outside mun.
Official Lions tour page on 14:06 - Jul 1 with 776 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 14:00 - Jul 1 by dickythorpe

Have a nice afternoon Trampie. It's lovely outside mun.

I'm not sure patients are allowed outside in case they escape!

Official Lions tour page on 15:07 - Jul 1 with 742 viewsCooperman

Brilliant post.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Official Lions tour page on 15:53 - Jul 1 with 701 viewsunion_jack

I'd hate to see the Lions concept binned.

Actually, I'd be in favour of it being extended. Wouldn't it be great to see them play a series at home against a Southern Hemisphere travelling side. To replace the autumn internationals.

Commercially it would be a success I'm sure and a challenge the opposing teams would relish.

Alas, it will never happen due to the parochial nature of this country nowadays.

Official Lions tour page on 16:12 - Jul 1 with 687 viewsKerouac

Vunipola - lost his head and should have been subbed earlier. No way should he have been red carded Trampie you prize bell-end.

George - had a very good game fair play...would still like to see cannonball get on though, maybe next week.

Furlong - did all of his jobs well.

Itoje - top class (including the feigning cramp at the end so everyone got a breather before the defensive lineout. Cute.

Alan-Wyn - didn't let anyone down but I fancy Henderson would do better. Think he'll retire after the 3rd test. Great career.

Warburton - very good. Great tackling. Wasn't allowed to do his thing at the breakdown and steal ball however.

O'Brien - solid

Faletau - superb stuff. Was everywhere around the park. Defensive tackling superb. Can be relied upon to make ground and offload (when it's on) going forward. Did well at the lineout. Did well at restarts. Plays with his brain but also has a massive heart. Superb finish for the try.

Murray - I thought he was shite and was calling for Webb from about 5 mins into the 2nd half...then he produces an excellent finish for the 2nd try and makes me look a bit silly, the bastard!

Sexton - did a lot better than I expected (was worried about his inclusion, would have gone with Biggar myself)...but was solid enough, some lovely 'around the corner' passing in the last 15mins. Didn't let us down.

Farrell - I don't think he provided that much extra attacking threat but did well enough at inside centre. Kicked his goals well.

Davies - didn't see that much of the ball but when it got that far down the line he showed his customary class...lovely hands, flair, nice passer, spots the opportunities...perhaps he could have taken a different line and put Daly/Watson in for a try, but perhaps they should have read it and got up on his shoulder.

Daly - good footballer, another who used his brain. Not many opportunities but solid defensively.

Watson - very dangerous runner, we need to get it to him more (Webb at scrum-half would be a start...stop kicking the ball away!). Did his bit in defence.

Williams - did well in difficult circumstances. Solid enough in defence, joined the line at the right times in attack. Brave boy.

Subs
Up front: Sinclair did well, Lawes was decent, McGrath was solid (what has CJ Stander got to do to get on though, would have liked to see him at 8 with Faletau shifted to 6 for the last half an hour)

Backs: I thought Webb and Te'o were unlucky not to get on.

I think Henshaw, Biggar and Halfpenny need to get some minutes in the 3rd test.

It was a red card for SBW all day long and if any team benefited from the ref it was the all-blacks.
At least 6 of their points were sympathy penalties given after the red.
The penalty at the end was obviously correct.
The Lions need to do something about the penalty count against and kick less ball away.

Trampie is the bitterest, most myopic, thickest c*nt on here and it cheers me that a BRITISH and IRISH victory hurts him so!
Megalolz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Official Lions tour page on 16:23 - Jul 1 with 676 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 16:12 - Jul 1 by Kerouac

Vunipola - lost his head and should have been subbed earlier. No way should he have been red carded Trampie you prize bell-end.

George - had a very good game fair play...would still like to see cannonball get on though, maybe next week.

Furlong - did all of his jobs well.

Itoje - top class (including the feigning cramp at the end so everyone got a breather before the defensive lineout. Cute.

Alan-Wyn - didn't let anyone down but I fancy Henderson would do better. Think he'll retire after the 3rd test. Great career.

Warburton - very good. Great tackling. Wasn't allowed to do his thing at the breakdown and steal ball however.

O'Brien - solid

Faletau - superb stuff. Was everywhere around the park. Defensive tackling superb. Can be relied upon to make ground and offload (when it's on) going forward. Did well at the lineout. Did well at restarts. Plays with his brain but also has a massive heart. Superb finish for the try.

Murray - I thought he was shite and was calling for Webb from about 5 mins into the 2nd half...then he produces an excellent finish for the 2nd try and makes me look a bit silly, the bastard!

Sexton - did a lot better than I expected (was worried about his inclusion, would have gone with Biggar myself)...but was solid enough, some lovely 'around the corner' passing in the last 15mins. Didn't let us down.

Farrell - I don't think he provided that much extra attacking threat but did well enough at inside centre. Kicked his goals well.

Davies - didn't see that much of the ball but when it got that far down the line he showed his customary class...lovely hands, flair, nice passer, spots the opportunities...perhaps he could have taken a different line and put Daly/Watson in for a try, but perhaps they should have read it and got up on his shoulder.

Daly - good footballer, another who used his brain. Not many opportunities but solid defensively.

Watson - very dangerous runner, we need to get it to him more (Webb at scrum-half would be a start...stop kicking the ball away!). Did his bit in defence.

Williams - did well in difficult circumstances. Solid enough in defence, joined the line at the right times in attack. Brave boy.

Subs
Up front: Sinclair did well, Lawes was decent, McGrath was solid (what has CJ Stander got to do to get on though, would have liked to see him at 8 with Faletau shifted to 6 for the last half an hour)

Backs: I thought Webb and Te'o were unlucky not to get on.

I think Henshaw, Biggar and Halfpenny need to get some minutes in the 3rd test.

It was a red card for SBW all day long and if any team benefited from the ref it was the all-blacks.
At least 6 of their points were sympathy penalties given after the red.
The penalty at the end was obviously correct.
The Lions need to do something about the penalty count against and kick less ball away.

Trampie is the bitterest, most myopic, thickest c*nt on here and it cheers me that a BRITISH and IRISH victory hurts him so!
Megalolz.

Great summary Kerouac.

I too was wanting Webb on just before he scored!

Can't agree more with your last paragraph. The guy is so bitter it beggars belief. An embarrassment!!

Official Lions tour page on 16:57 - Jul 1 with 658 viewsperchrockjack

Simply brilliant K.

Trample would seem to be genuine

Chilling really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Official Lions tour page on 16:58 - Jul 1 with 658 viewsymaohyd

Spot on.

Not sure what game Trampie was watching, I usually share his views, talking bollo x there though.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Official Lions tour page on 17:45 - Jul 1 with 623 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 16:57 - Jul 1 by perchrockjack

Simply brilliant K.

Trample would seem to be genuine

Chilling really

Welcome back!

Official Lions tour page on 17:59 - Jul 1 with 608 viewsdickythorpe

Good to see some real fans on here. Great analysis Kerouac.

Cracking idea to have the Lions play at home............possibly hard to do.....but a lot of English clubs would perhaps like it....they seem to be the loudest in chopsing.

Watching this Lions series, which is top level sport, makes me realise how totally, bloody superb it is that the Swans are in the PL.
It really does mean something.
Official Lions tour page on 18:02 - Jul 1 with 601 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Lions tour page on 14:06 - Jul 1 by union_jack

I'm not sure patients are allowed outside in case they escape!

It's OK - he'd never leave his village...
Official Lions tour page on 18:21 - Jul 1 with 581 viewsr0ckin

Superb win, but lions will have to play out of their skins in decider.

All blacks will be back to form and probably won't have 14 players for most of game.

Peace

Official Lions tour page on 18:24 - Jul 1 with 577 viewsdickythorpe

I hope "Geech" gets well soon.
Official Lions tour page on 18:26 - Jul 1 with 576 viewsunion_jack

Official Lions tour page on 18:21 - Jul 1 by r0ckin

Superb win, but lions will have to play out of their skins in decider.

All blacks will be back to form and probably won't have 14 players for most of game.

The Lions will be up for it but all the sensible money will go on NZ.

I hope they go at them 100% for the full 80 minutes.

Anything less and we lose, it's as simple as that. And even then......

Official Lions tour page on 18:32 - Jul 1 with 570 viewstrampie

NZ are massive odds on to win next week, they are expected to win by double figures plus.

The chances of the Lions getting all the the major decisions and a controversial red card after 20 odd minutes and the NZ kicker having an off day again are slim and this is reflected in the odds.

Official Lions tour page on 18:38 - Jul 1 with 557 viewstrampie

Official Lions tour page on 15:53 - Jul 1 by union_jack

I'd hate to see the Lions concept binned.

Actually, I'd be in favour of it being extended. Wouldn't it be great to see them play a series at home against a Southern Hemisphere travelling side. To replace the autumn internationals.

Commercially it would be a success I'm sure and a challenge the opposing teams would relish.

Alas, it will never happen due to the parochial nature of this country nowadays.

Lots of English clubs want it binned.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024