Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 60633 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 14:34 - Jan 27 with 2564 viewsstainrods_elbow

O have a word with yourself, will you - 'the ownership/management shouldn't listen to fans because we're too emotional'. Good grief! Why be a fan at all, then, and not let Hoos and co. cut out the middle men, flog Loftus Road for a hill of beans, and just go straight to their property expansion plans without bothering building a new ground for the likes of us irrational, Rs-mentalist souls?

Are you some kind of double agent for the Board?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wells off? on 14:38 - Jan 27 with 2553 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Bit of an over-reaction isn't it?

Wells off? on 14:42 - Jan 27 with 2506 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Think you have taken the quote a bit out of context. He is trying to say the board should not be swayed into making decisions just because fans are emotional. If we ruin our budget just to get Wells because fans want it, yes it will help in the short term, but then we mess up our budgeting, then we have to cut back on other things, then FFP comes into action, then fans end up getting emotional at the fact we don't spend on other players.

If we can't afford him, we can't afford him. Fan opinion shouldn't change that

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Wells off? on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 2477 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm hacked off about the Wells situation, but will bite my tongue. Save to say the bit of 360 degree spin on the Offish ('QPR keen to sign Nakhi Wells'), and Hoos' laughable statement, is such a pisstake I almost urinated in my pants. He won't be coming back, people. so suck it up!

The real issue now is that the predicament the Board have left the manager and the team with by leaving themselves 4 days to conjure a replacement for our top scorer. If I were Warburton, I'd be seething.

At this late stage, I suspect there won't be any replacement, so the squad will simply be allowed to be significantly weakened. It'll be fascinating to see how our goal stats go from here on in.

Wells off? on 14:48 - Jan 27 with 2461 viewsconnell10

I'm over it already , not worth getting upset about.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells off? on 14:51 - Jan 27 with 2435 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very rational reaction all 'round here.

Agree with the consensus; the long-term is more important than risking financial ruin.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 14:55 - Jan 27 with 2384 views2Thomas2Bowles

Yep

Let It Go let him go Let It Go

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wells off? on 14:57 - Jan 27 with 2380 viewsconnell10

Totally and utterly agree Brian, a few years ago I would be going off my nut about this but I now understand the implications of FFP, so we move on . Thanks for the goals Mr Wells.

Wells off? on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 2270 viewsqprxtc

Well, well, well. This well appears to have run dry and needs replenishing before a severe draught brings the house to its knees. The geyser needs to replaced and quick. The reservoir of hope is depleted and much anguish is being spouted. But hope springs eternal.

The well may be empty for now but our thirst shall be quenched.

Wells off? on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 2268 viewsstainrods_elbow

That's the fan spirit - cultivated indifference!

Wells off? on 15:16 - Jan 27 with 2209 viewsconnell10

Not really mate just the reality of our situation, I'm as pissed off as you that our board have let it come to this but the fact is if we don't stay within our FFP restrictions we are basically f uck!

Wells off? on 15:28 - Jan 27 with 2125 viewsdoogi10

we still might get him for nothing if he is out of contract.

Wells off? on 15:31 - Jan 27 with 2105 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So is the support graded by how angry you get then?

Wells off? on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 2055 viewsNorthernr

Well Brian's certainly been making use of the mute function.

Wells off? on 16:06 - Jan 27 with 1847 viewsThe_Seer

There's no plan b at the football club. Hoos strikes me as a yes man. All this talk of the owners having money yet can't spend it because of FFP. They don't want to spend any money.

Things have gone sour at QPR because of overspending on the wrong players, Old Oak Common.. I reckon that if the owners could find a buyer they would be gone problem is their actions have led towards the club being an unattractive proposition. If they want rid they have to walk away making a loss.

This Wells situation is a blow? it puts us in a difficult situation especially with a leaky defence.

Wells off? on 16:09 - Jan 27 with 1832 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Us???

Wells off? on 16:12 - Jan 27 with 1802 viewsPinnerPaul

'Plan b' is to ignore FFP presumably?

Not sure what the 'board' or MW can do about a player being recalled in January as per agreement?

Wells off? on 16:33 - Jan 27 with 1704 viewsAntti_Heinola

saving this post next to that one by whathisname saying BOS has no end product.

We'll see.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 16:34 - Jan 27 with 1702 viewsspencer

[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 16:54]

Wells off? on 16:36 - Jan 27 with 1691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

😀

Ya, I have four posters on ignore. Brentford kids.

It does make the board a happier place.

I don’t expect all us Rangers fans to agree, naturally, but to at least be decent. We are, and as you say 98% of the time this Forum is great.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 16:36]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 16:40 - Jan 27 with 1655 viewsBuckR

Does this bloke really not have anything better to do than go on a QPR forum pretending to support us??

Wells off? on 16:47 - Jan 27 with 1603 viewsTGRRRSSS

Even if he's Brentford is much of what he said incorrect???...

Not entirely sure Hoos is a Yes man myself - probably more an accountant type who's good at running the club than a man in love with said club.

Otherwise....

Not sure we can be blamed for Wells returning to his parent club though.
He was only ever on loan and not sure he'd be cost effective with FFP - remember we've been done once.

Wells off? on 16:48 - Jan 27 with 1598 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I can't understand why they are able to carry on posting given how obvious it is they are not QPR.

Wells off? on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 1519 viewsQPR_John

I think the whole episode sums up what football has become. Burnley do not want Wells but seemingly are asking £4M for him a price that for a Premier League team is money behind the sofa. Money money money. Good luck to the player if he can get a better deal elsewhere but Burnley are messing him about.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 17:01]

Wells off? on 17:03 - Jan 27 with 1493 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes but it's almost February he's put himself in the window, and he can simply hold his horses, take a bit of a break and talk to others for the summer onwards when he's out of contract.

We'd be crazy to pay £4m for him when he's free in a handful of weeks, maybe doesnt help us in the meantime and is Hugill went it might be tricky assume BOS and EZE will be here come Frebruary but you never know...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024