Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 60631 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 12:21 - Jan 27 with 2550 viewsSnipper

Great post. 👏👏👏

Wells off? on 12:22 - Jan 27 with 2549 viewsGloucs_R

Agree, he looked a little bit rusty on Saturday.

But with the Brighton lad heading back as well, it would seem, then we desperately need another striker now.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wells off? on 12:36 - Jan 27 with 2396 viewsjohncharles

Now being the operative word. There's going to be a mad scramble in the next few days.

Strong and stable my arse.

Wells off? on 12:37 - Jan 27 with 2382 viewsNed_Kennedys

We should recall Oteh for a start.

Wells off? on 12:57 - Jan 27 with 2210 viewsrunningman75

Terrible decision by Warburton to rest him for most of Friday's game when there was an inkling Wells would be recalled.

Wells off? on 13:00 - Jan 27 with 2183 viewsR_from_afar

The current owners spent many, many millions poorly but the issue now, due to FFP, is not so much whether we can afford a player, it's whether we can buy them without breaching the FFP rules.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wells off? on 13:01 - Jan 27 with 2173 viewsWestbourneR

There is very little evidence Oteh has what it takes for our level.

3 goals in 17 games in League Two...

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wells off? on 13:04 - Jan 27 with 2145 viewsNorthantsHoop

Been thinking about this since my earlier post on this thread. The club just need to remain steady and firm on their principles, which is about living within our means and develop the young talent on our books, enjoy them when they are here and make a substantial profit when they move on. Wells does not fit the model but because he has performed well here and it is difficult to get goalscorers on the cheap these days the heart maybe ruling the head.

Wells off? on 13:04 - Jan 27 with 2134 viewspaulparker

I’d just soldier on clubs hike up the prices in January and we are not going up or down our season is pretty much done so there’s no point fretting
Play BOS or a Eze up top if we are not going to play Mlakar

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wells off? on 13:05 - Jan 27 with 2135 viewsbosh67

Great post. As much as I like Wells spending stupid money or sacrificing a much younger asset would be daft. If the Brighton and Man City lad go back we might as well recall Oteh and smyth. Play bos up front if needs be or sell a few peripheral youngsters and spend the money on shankland. If wells wants to come back he can dig his heels in until the end of the season and sign for us on a free.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 13:09 - Jan 27 with 2098 viewsSir_Chops

Just reading some of the Bradford fans about their lack of attacking intent. Their manager apparently hasn't got an attacking brain. Put Oteh in a team where more chances are made, the chances are he'll score more.

But we'll never know if nobody will take a chance on him.

Wells off? on 13:17 - Jan 27 with 2021 viewsR_from_afar

I think the club should buy him but only if that is possible within our current wage structure. Based on the recent article on the official QPR website, that is what we are trying to do. Wells has done pretty well here and although our main focus is to promote youth and polish up rough diamonds, if a decent older player is affordable, why not, we do need some more experienced heads.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wells off? on 13:32 - Jan 27 with 1902 viewsGloucs_R

I've posted this before but one of my mates is a Bradford season ticket holder and doesn't rate oteh at all.

You'd be better off bringing Smyth back from loan and trying to keep Mlakar if we can't get another one in

Wells off? on 13:33 - Jan 27 with 1890 viewsconnell10

If he goes he goes, thanks for the goals and we move on. I seem to remember a few fans slagging him off last season when the goals dryed up. I personally dont want our wage structure broken for a 30 year old with no sell on value. As I stated elsewhere it might be our system that suits him and if he goes elsewhere he might not do so well.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells off? on 13:47 - Jan 27 with 1776 viewsThe_Seer

You need an excellent scouting system in order to continuously sign young players on the cheap and sell them at a huge profit. Investment in the scouting system is not impacted by FFP. You also need a board who know how to drive a hard bargain. I'm not interested in part exchange deals for failed players from Spurs. I want a huge profit paid upfront, in full.

Why would we want a player like Wells who will expect a hefty salary and will have no resell value.

Wells off? on 13:54 - Jan 27 with 1720 viewsswitchingcode

Yes in a nut shell

Wells off? on 13:55 - Jan 27 with 1707 viewsrobith

By giving 90 minutes to our remaining striker who'd played 143 minutes out of the last 450?

Wells off? on 13:58 - Jan 27 with 1684 viewsBklynRanger

Smyth! Forgot all about him! One in 12 for Wycombe sadly - nothing to write home about so far at least.

Wells off? on 14:02 - Jan 27 with 1635 viewsGloucs_R

He's been out injured for most of the season

Wells off? on 14:20 - Jan 27 with 1541 viewsconnell10

Yes but in our attacking formation you might see his goal ratio improve, same with Oteh.

Wells off? on 14:23 - Jan 27 with 1514 viewsThe_Seer

Excellent post.

I guess their fans never cause a fuss when they sell players because of the confidence in the owner and board. Not only do they make a substantial profit on players they have a knack of always having a replacement waiting in the wings. It's like a bloody conveyor belt.

Wells off? on 14:25 - Jan 27 with 1496 viewsconnell10

Are you a Brentford fan?

Wells off? on 14:30 - Jan 27 with 1471 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think that has been established mate.

Wells off? on 14:34 - Jan 27 with 1451 viewsThe_Seer

No I'm a QPR fan, I just like the way their owner conducts himself. You know he is the boss and no one is going to pull his pants down.

You have to give credit where it's due. They have a clear vision and follow it through.

Wells off? on 14:34 - Jan 27 with 1452 viewsMick_S

Are you a poet, then?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024