Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 60636 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 17:06 - Jan 27 with 2598 viewsterryb

Why shouldn't we allow supporters of other clubs to post?

I certsinly got fed up with some of them after the Brentford match, but Konk & Switchingcode are very welcome IMO. The same goes to the Millwall fan (name forgotten) who posts here infrequently.

Probably the difference is that those I named are not trolls!

Wells off? on 17:09 - Jan 27 with 2568 viewsQPR_John

If he was out of contract in the summer he could enter a pre-contract now with whoever he wants. The fact Burnley are seemingly asking for a transfer fee suggests the rumours that they have a further years option are true

Wells off? on 17:11 - Jan 27 with 2541 viewsconnell10

Warburton just said he has 18 months left on his Burnley contract.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells off? on 17:12 - Jan 27 with 2538 viewsactonman

The fact that he has gone back suggests we won’t be seeing him again no matter what propaganda the club spout . Shows the flaws in the loan system highlighted by the fact our entire strike force don’t belong to us .. another learning curve

Imagine hugill carried on scoring like he did early in the season and went back as well (he still could) we would be proper in the do do

Wells off? on 17:23 - Jan 27 with 2464 viewsdistortR

"shows the flaws in the loan system"

Well, yes and no. Because on the other hand we've been using that system to get Well's possible replacement Oteh game time.

Wells off? on 17:24 - Jan 27 with 2460 viewsStanFan

Victims of our own success. We got Wells on loan (because we couldn't afford to buy a striker that good) and he's scored goals. Now he has value as other Championship clubs with money and pushing for the pay-offs are prepared to pay Burnley to buy him. Would we prefer to get him on loan and he's rubbish?

Wells off? on 17:24 - Jan 27 with 2460 viewsAntti_Heinola

they certainly do have a year's option, but as they have almost never played him they won't be activating it, because that's just money down the drain. They are desperate to be rid, that's why they recalled him.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 17:28 - Jan 27 with 2420 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree with you, Terry, and I don't think that's what Croydon was saying. Konk is a brilliant poster and a friend at this stage. Switchingcode used to be a bit cranky(!) but is cool now.

The reason I put the new others - digswell, seer, another - on ignore is because they're childish idiots, god love them, and not just trolls - as you rightly say - but bad at it, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 17:31 - Jan 27 with 2386 viewsdistortR

what, you don't like childish idiots anymore?

Quite frankly, I'm hurt.

Wells off? on 17:34 - Jan 27 with 2366 viewsBrianMcCarthy

You're ok, mate. Me and you are used to each other's madness.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 17:35 - Jan 27 with 2345 viewskensalriser

The Seer's style is somewhat reminiscent of the poster formerly known as Spirit of Gregory...
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 17:39]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wells off? on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 2344 viewsdistortR

Wells off? on 17:36 - Jan 27 with 2337 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The answer is your last paragraph Terry.

Perhaps I should have worded it better but it is easy to spot the genuine ones from the WUMs.

Wells off? on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 2321 viewsQPR_John

But if true that they will not activate it means they surely cannot be asking for a transfer fee. Also they have clearly not revoked their right to activate it otherwise Wells would be negotiating with some other team even us.

Wells off? on 17:42 - Jan 27 with 2288 viewsR_from_afar

We do need players who can deliver in the present, not just the future.

I also said I would only want him if our wage structure could accommodate him.

If we are only thinking of resale value, we don't buy players like Clint Hill and Sean Derry. Ever.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wells off? on 17:43 - Jan 27 with 2277 viewsWadR

Wells on a free in the summer is a non-starter.

Burnley would never let a saleable asset go on a free when he's guaranteed to be of interest to half the Championship and they can get ~£5m for him, which more than offsets the wage costs.

Besides, the Prem is just a different world to the cost cutting Championship - £25k pw is pretty negligible relative to the TV money income.

Wells off? on 17:52 - Jan 27 with 2218 viewsQPR_John

You would have to be desperate to pay £5M for a player with only one year on his contract. Burnley might want £5M but good luck in trying to get it.

Wells off? on 18:12 - Jan 27 with 2114 viewsLunarJetman

*18 months left according to Warburton...

Wells off? on 18:20 - Jan 27 with 2040 viewsThe_Seer

Wouldn't surprise me they are a well run club.

We really shouldn't be contemplating signing Wells it would not be a step in the right direction. You really have to question the club on how they have allowed this situation to arise.

Where's the backup plan?

Wells off? on 18:43 - Jan 27 with 1973 viewsMatch82

It's terrible that a player we signed on loan has done so well here that his value has increased beyond anything his parent club expected. I'm sure all those other clubs that we might approach for a loan are thinking how terrible or would be if we did the same.

Wells off? on 19:05 - Jan 27 with 1831 viewsThe_Seer

We would prefer the club to have a competent scouting network which could find us a couple of decent strikers.

Wells off? on 19:19 - Jan 27 with 1782 viewsThe_Seer

The truth hurts.

It amazes me how our fans have put up with so much BS from the owners. It's doesn't matter how much they screw up they can do no wrong.

What has happened to our fanbase? Such low expectations.

Wells off? on 19:31 - Jan 27 with 1745 viewsThe_Seer

Sheffield Wednesday draw Man City in the cup.

Wells off? on 19:36 - Jan 27 with 1739 viewsQPR_John

See my earlier post. Cannot bring yourself to say WE would have drawn Manchester City at home

Wells off? on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 1674 viewsThe_Seer

Our fans are gutless and have low expectations. We have got exactly what we deserve.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024