Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 60637 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 10:35 - Jan 27 with 2817 viewsQPR_John

Whoops what do I know

Wells off? on 10:42 - Jan 27 with 2736 viewsSir_Chops

There's already a few of those posts, so clearly no kind of statement will make the slightest difference to the morons. Quite unbelievably another I read claims the owners are tight.

Plenty of Bristol City posters getting excited, almost assuming he's theirs. Could be building themselves up for an almighty *POP* if he doesn't

Wells off? on 10:43 - Jan 27 with 2728 viewsmakaveli1882

Why would they do that?

Wells off? on 10:49 - Jan 27 with 2678 viewsdaveB

Shit Happens.
He was on loan so always a possibility. I like Wells but he was crap second half of last season and pretty poor for 2 months before January this season as well. Good player on his day but I wouldn't be breaking the bank to get him

Wells off? on 10:52 - Jan 27 with 2650 viewssdm19994

Clubs been in this awful vulnerable position ever since that clown bought us,

Going to be a struggle now for the rest of the season and the inevitable 16th place finish.

Wells off? on 10:53 - Jan 27 with 2632 viewsfrancisbowles

+1

Wells off? on 10:54 - Jan 27 with 2628 viewsBakes

Anyone up for a bucket collection?

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Wells off? on 10:57 - Jan 27 with 2584 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wells off? on 10:57 - Jan 27 with 2577 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The irony is we have enhanced his value by supplying him with so many chances this season.
To a value we probably can't afford.

Wells off? on 11:00 - Jan 27 with 2549 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

They wouldn't. I'm just clutching at straws.

Wells off? on 11:02 - Jan 27 with 2532 viewsBushman

Exactly as Dave B posted

Blows hot and cold

If he had consistency he wouldn’t have been here at all
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 11:03]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Wells off? on 11:03 - Jan 27 with 2520 viewsdaveB

the statement for me is more aimed at Wells himself, telling him we want him but can't afford it now so if he wants to come to us he needs to turn down other moves and force burnleys hand. It won't happen but is probably only chance we have of getting him

Wells off? on 11:26 - Jan 27 with 2367 viewsqprd

There's a lot of discussion about how Brentford are miles ahead of QPR

Brentford are an incredibly disciplined club. Discipline is sticking with a philosophy even if it will upset some fans in the short-run, even if it involves some short term sacrifice:

Brentford's striker business in the last few years:

Andre Gray: brought for £600k (reportedly) from Luton, sold to Burnley for £11m
Scott Hogan: bought for £750k from Rochdale, sold to Villa for £12m
Neal Maupay: bought for £1.6m from St Etienne, sold to Brighton for £20m
Ollie Watkins: bought for £1.8m from Exeter, currently valued in excess of £20m

In each case, they stuck with their philosophy of buying young good players, selling them on and re-investing in the next crop. And yet look at where they've been in the table as compared to us.

Our philosophy is apparently to buy low and apparently sell high. You don't buy a 30 yr old striker like Wells when he's at his peak. What is the plan for Wells? Pay a transfer fee and let him go on a free when he's 33?

QPR signing Wells permanently would be an absolute abdication of the philosophy we are claiming we're trying to adopt.

Discipline means sticking to a plan and taking a long term view rather than making rash, short term decisions.

This is an opportunity for our ownership to prove they've learnt a lesson. Fans are fickle and inherently short-termist. But ownership needs to take the long view.

We should be trying to find the next Chair, Bright, Masteron, Freeman, and Eze.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 11:29]

Wells off? on 11:27 - Jan 27 with 2348 viewsSir_Chops

Makes you wonder what we could enhance Oteh's value to if we recall him back from Bradford now.

Wells off? on 11:31 - Jan 27 with 2304 viewsslmrstid

I'm very much with you qprd, that's an excellent summary post.

I'd like Nahki to stay, but if he doesn't because the money doesn't fit, then so be it.

In fact, its funny given some of the mentions of the usual Facebook ranters above, seeing some of the usual comments on the club's Facebook page news story of Nahki being recalled I left this comment...

"How many people who post on Facebook moaning about the club not spending money willy-nilly actually remember the 2000-2002 period when the club nearly went out of existence from years of unsustainable over-spending? 🙄
Hopefully we can keep Nahki, but if we can't afford him and others can, then its thank you and goodbye, and we move on.

Players come and go, QPR are forever."

Within seconds I received this reply...

"dont talk like a t***! 3-4 mils isn't gonna put us in trouble with ffp. And even if we went on a barmy spending spree, our owners are the richest in the world, they thrive on people like you and your delusional beliefs! They could pay any fine dished out if they wanted to. They dont, they want us to move into a council ground and sell loftus road for billions in penthouse flats!"

Is it me...?! Dearie me...

Wells off? on 11:31 - Jan 27 with 2303 viewsLongsufferingR

I would seriously do this rather than buy Wells or move BOS.

Wells off? on 11:37 - Jan 27 with 2241 viewsqprd

Yep. Nothing against Wells. I am a massive fan of his, and will be very upset if he leaves. But we need to be loyal to the philosophy.

If we were closer to promotion, perhaps I'd gamble (like Bristol and Nottingham Forest may). But we're not close enough to do away with our philosophy

By the way, all the fickle fans posting on Facebook, etc about Wells staying. I guarantee you that if we keep him and he goes on a cold streak and misses a penalty, those same fans will be calling for his head and questioning why we brought him back. The ownership should not be listening to fans because we are too emotional

Wells off? on 11:37 - Jan 27 with 2237 viewsGloucs_R

That statement also sends a message out to Dundee which says we are in a position to buy a player but we're not going to spend ridiculous amount of money on one

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wells off? on 11:46 - Jan 27 with 2162 viewsbosh67

Wells is the master of his own destiny. He could exercise his one year extension and make Burnley swivel. Essentially they would have to pay him up for the rest of this season and then he can make his own decision. This may happen. Burnley can't force a sale without his consent. If Burnley settle up his contract we can sign him on a free which keeps us within the FFP rules but we would probably have to still sell another player.

So he may well come back and if he doesn't we may need to send back the two loans that haven't played, sell one player and get in Shankland.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wells off? on 11:55 - Jan 27 with 2111 viewsWestbourneR

You talking about Lawrence Shankland?

The kid looks good to me, a real hunger to get on the end of stuff. Sharp.

But it is very hard to tell from Scottish football.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wells off? on 12:00 - Jan 27 with 2065 viewsGloucs_R

Yes, far more in line with what we are trying to achieve

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wells off? on 12:08 - Jan 27 with 1994 viewsSedgemoorHoop

I agree with you 100%

Wells off? on 12:13 - Jan 27 with 1943 viewsRblockPrior

Well said sir, as hard as it is we have to let go. We can not be spending 4m+ on someone who will have no sell on value.

If we were in and around the play offs maybe we could gamble but even then I would expect us to turn away and find a younger cheaper prospect

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Wells off? on 12:16 - Jan 27 with 1914 viewsswitchingcode

Good post and looking from the outside but having witnessed Warburton for a while at Brentford i think football wise ie the style you are playing you are on the right track.Warburton needs the support from your DoFs and scouting network to bring these players with so called potential in and that means shopping abroad where there is better value.
We gradually stopped going into the loan market after MW left and it’s paid dividends as there are so many pitfalls in that market as well as being expensive.I have always thought MW should have a good defensive coach alongside him as under him and Dean Smith we had similar problems that you have in that area.

Wells off? on 12:20 - Jan 27 with 1861 viewsloftboy

In the interim Hugill has to step up, practice getting his knee over ball and hopefully we won’t miss Wells as much as we think we will.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024