Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG. 16:18 - Jan 3 with 18776 viewsconnell10

On his way?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BFG. on 11:57 - Jan 10 with 1367 viewsLongsufferingR

BFG. on 11:42 - Jan 10 by RBlock

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet prince; And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

No poetry for Sandro?
BFG. on 11:59 - Jan 10 with 1351 viewsFDC

BFG. on 11:57 - Jan 10 by LongsufferingR

No poetry for Sandro?

Remove the question mark and I quite like that as a militant yet flowery declaration.

No tears for dead fascists

No poetry for Sandro
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 12:00]
BFG. on 12:01 - Jan 10 with 1330 viewsStanisgod

BFG. on 22:13 - Jan 9 by Toast_R

He was pretty good that Polter. I'm sad to hear he's going.

F'ck me , our standards have gone through the floor

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

BFG. on 12:24 - Jan 10 with 1234 views08olesen

Im starting to think this was a really silly move. Who are going to bring in who is better than him for 2-3 million. The bloke all ways gave his all and could score a goal or two despite bad service. Yet we keep Washington, who looks to me to be league 1 player. I cant imagine Polter was on significant wages either.

This is a classic example of how we dont have a plan bigger than the manager. If Olly gets the chop, it will look a very silly decision. He is exactly the sort of player we have been crying out for, somebody the fans can get behind, and somebody who gives his all for the shirt. Really poor move!

Sylla is going to have to carry us for the rest of the season now.

Poll: Who will the other play off

BFG. on 12:26 - Jan 10 with 1210 viewsFDC

This could well be an important transfer in defining the legacy of IH's second term here; if we don't get a suitable replacement--someone who can knock defenders about a bit and hold the ball up--then this could look really bad, especially with the insinuations that there have been fallings out etc.

On the other hand, if all ends well a bit of profit on a limited player could look pretty good in retrospect.
BFG. on 12:27 - Jan 10 with 1207 viewsHoopsarrr

BFG. on 12:24 - Jan 10 by 08olesen

Im starting to think this was a really silly move. Who are going to bring in who is better than him for 2-3 million. The bloke all ways gave his all and could score a goal or two despite bad service. Yet we keep Washington, who looks to me to be league 1 player. I cant imagine Polter was on significant wages either.

This is a classic example of how we dont have a plan bigger than the manager. If Olly gets the chop, it will look a very silly decision. He is exactly the sort of player we have been crying out for, somebody the fans can get behind, and somebody who gives his all for the shirt. Really poor move!

He wanted to leave. £3mill in the bank. Sold for profit. End of.
BFG. on 12:34 - Jan 10 with 1156 viewsRBlock

BFG. on 11:57 - Jan 10 by LongsufferingR

No poetry for Sandro?

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
BFG. on 12:41 - Jan 10 with 1100 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BFG. on 12:34 - Jan 10 by RBlock

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Roses are red,

Violets are plucked,

We got rid of Sandro,

Because his legs are fvcked.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 12:43]
Login to get fewer ads

BFG. on 12:50 - Jan 10 with 1032 views2Thomas2Bowles

BFG. on 12:27 - Jan 10 by Hoopsarrr

He wanted to leave. £3mill in the bank. Sold for profit. End of.

How do you know it was 3M , they did not want to pay what we did when he was on loan to them, at most they may have covered the fee we paid but I don't see them paying 3M for a player that wanted to leave to go home, the ball was in their court.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

BFG. on 12:51 - Jan 10 with 1032 viewsFDC

Poetry For Sandro - An Odyssey

"Behold", they cried
The wonder that never ages.
"Behold", we wept,
"look at his fvcking wages!"

The crowd gathered to see
If the rumour had anything to it
Alas, he was no where to be seen
he had left at 60 minutes
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 12:51]
BFG. on 12:53 - Jan 10 with 1169 viewsfrancisbowles

Thank you SEB. You gave 100%, scored a few including one or two crackers, gave defenders a hard time, entertained us and did something that an awful lot of players struggle to do....quietened down the boo boys. WELL DONE.

Good luck for the future.
BFG. on 13:08 - Jan 10 with 1078 viewsWestbourneR

BFG. on 12:24 - Jan 10 by 08olesen

It's only a poor move if you rate him. 1 goal every 5 games would suggest he wasn't much of striker. Also, watching him play football would tell you the same.

It's only a poor move if we don't replace him - and as Sylla proves - there better plays for £2million. There are definitely better players for £3 million.

Sadly, Washington isn't one of them. I'd be keen to see us try and get our money back for him too.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

BFG. on 13:36 - Jan 10 with 997 viewsrobith

But then we need to buy 2 strikers, at a time of year that is hard to get good value for money and need them to bed in immediately. Seems quite risky imo

(that was meant for the post above but I apparently can not use the basic functionality of this site)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2017 13:39]
BFG. on 13:43 - Jan 10 with 969 viewsR_from_afar

BFG. on 23:01 - Jan 9 by Northernr

As I've said on the other thread it's a concerning time where we once again seem to be engaging in a big change around of the squad at the behest of another new manager. But then we do that all the time, and it never works, and yet the majority on here are still always in favour of ditching the manager and doing it all again.

All I'm saying is the one slight difference this time is we can actually sell some of the signings for some money, as opposed to having them sit in the reserves collecting their money until the end of the contract, or being paid to leave, as happened with just about every signing apart from Phillips, Fer and Austin (and none of them made a profit) until Ferdinand arrived.

Ferdinand's just the latest scapegoat. We've gone after Philip Beard, Karl Henry, Chris Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Ben Gladwin and so on and on and on and on and on. Now it's Ferdinand. It makes us look like absolute twts, but more importantly it's not fking working. Ferdinand will go and we'll be worse off for it.

This post has been edited by an administrator

But there are mitigating circumstances with Sandro, Polter and Chery.

The first player is an albatross we have been trying to get rid of for ages, for footballing and financial reasons.

Polter is - we are led to believe - homesick; I don't see how we can pin that on Ollie.

Chery is chasing the money.

So, I think that with those three, Holloway is not to blame. I do agree, though, that big changes, especially mid-season, are not ideal. Nor is the change of manager we just had, to be honest.

It does sometimes seem to me that both the players and management/board at QPR fail to play the percentage game and take the hardest possible route, as is they think that our status as a club in a big city and/or our achievements in the 70s and 80s will mean that things will magically come good, against all odds, even if we stupidly get someone sent off or make a crazy managerial change.

Oh well, no one said it would be easy and it's when you see the one you love struggling that you realise just how much you love them.

Ahhhhhh

You Rsss

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

BFG. on 14:21 - Jan 10 with 861 viewsbosh67

Sad to see him go as he was a handful and had a great attitude. Good luck to him.

People blaming Ollie and Les for him, Sandro and Chery going is ridiculous. Polter's family are all in Germany, wants to have a family, Chery moving to provide security for his family and Sandro going because his salary to value ratio is dreadful.

We have to move on and hope some players may want to play here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

BFG. on 20:44 - Jan 10 with 668 viewsenfieldargh

I agree with this geezer

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/add-reply/186524/0

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

BFG. on 20:45 - Jan 10 with 664 viewsenfieldargh

BFG. on 20:44 - Jan 10 by enfieldargh

I agree with this geezer

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/add-reply/186524/0

i mean this geezer

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024