Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread 08:12 - Oct 2 with 4479 viewsSaintNick

here we go again can we win our first league game of the season

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Oct 2 with 722 viewsSadoldgit

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Oct 2 by grumpy

I thought we would get hammered today but to Saints credit we kept in it till JWP got sent off.
We do seem to have a problem up front, time and time again we passed well enough to get into their box but there was no one there to do something special like score a goal.
Why when a Ref gives a yellow card does he have to check if it was Red?
It looked a yellow yes but not a red.
I've watched a few reruns of the Big Match lately and you didn't see players jumping in the air when tackled and falling down like a dying swan in those days.

I thought he was lucky to get away with a yellow when it first happened and wasn’t surprised that it was changed. He was late and caught him on the shin. I expect the ref was asked by the VAR official to go and have a look at it again. I thought we gave Chelsea a game in the second half when Diallo came on and without the sending off would probably have got a draw. We have played well against United, City, West Ham and now Chelsea. I’m sure we will start to pick up points soon.

Also usual whipping boys McCarthy and Redmond both did ok today.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 19:47]
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Oct 2 with 664 viewsPatfromPoole

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

I thought he was lucky to get away with a yellow when it first happened and wasn’t surprised that it was changed. He was late and caught him on the shin. I expect the ref was asked by the VAR official to go and have a look at it again. I thought we gave Chelsea a game in the second half when Diallo came on and without the sending off would probably have got a draw. We have played well against United, City, West Ham and now Chelsea. I’m sure we will start to pick up points soon.

How many shots did their keeper have to save, sir?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Oct 2 with 639 viewsRon11

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 18:47 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

How many crosses did we put in from the right wing?
Why put in crosses when we play midgets up front?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:50]

The bloke that puts the crosses in from the right wing was put on the left by the manager.
Then he gave the ball away that led to Chelsea's second goal. Why play the lad out of position? He's looked far more capable where he's supposed to be.
Bizarre
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 20:36 - Oct 2 with 633 viewsElijahK

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Oct 2 by PatfromPoole

How many shots did their keeper have to save, sir?

[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 20:37]

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 20:38 - Oct 2 with 621 viewsRon11

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread (n/t) on 20:36 - Oct 2 by ElijahK

[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 20:37]

Their keeper wasn't very busy.
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Oct 2 with 519 viewsDorsetIan

We seem to be able to defend, particularly when playing a back 5 with two defensive midfielders in front.

But we are really in all sorts of trouble up front. Adam Armstrong was a forlorn figure today. And I wonder if Ralph is in denial about what Redmond, Walcott, Long and Djenepo can offer in terms goals (scored or created) because I’ve seen enough to be pretty sure it’s f@ck all.

Need to concentrate on Armstrong x2, Adams, Tella, Broja and Elyounnoussi. Forget the other four. They just demonstrate the old adage that it’s madness to keep doing the same thing while expecting a different result.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 08:43 - Oct 3 with 360 viewsSadoldgit

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 20:35 - Oct 2 by Ron11

The bloke that puts the crosses in from the right wing was put on the left by the manager.
Then he gave the ball away that led to Chelsea's second goal. Why play the lad out of position? He's looked far more capable where he's supposed to be.
Bizarre

You can’t blame KWP for Chelsea’s 2nd goal. It was down to a killer ball from Barclay over his head. Again, where were the crosses from the right? There were none because we don’t put high balls into the box from either wing which is why it does matter if KWP plays there. We have no aerial threat so what would be the point? We didn’t lose against Chelsea or Wolves because KWP was playing at LB.
Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 09:07 - Oct 3 with 342 viewsSalisburySaint

Chelsea Game Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

Not great in first half, but kept ourselves in the game

In the second half, when we went 3 at the back, we looked far better, but we do lack that cutting edge up front, too many poor final balls into the area, which makes it difficult for Armstrong, only decent balls in yesterday both came from KWP, for Walcott header in first half, and for Armstrong on second half when he missed his kick, so much for KWP playing out of position

Defence on the whole looks good, but it’s the lack of a goal these that’s the problem

McCarthy and Redmond both did well yesterday

As for red card I see it was Mike Dean on VAR, enough said

So far we have given all the big teams we’ve played a good game, our problem is against the lesser teams who we are unable to break down, if we can’t do this in next 5 games we’ve had it
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 9:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024