Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Late match thread 15:24 - Dec 4 with 4946 viewsHeisenberg

Seeing as there isn’t one. How many chances have we had ? Adams wasteful

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Late match thread on 17:04 - Dec 4 with 875 views1885_SFC

Late match thread on 17:01 - Dec 4 by Heisenberg

You can’t blame Ralph. Why the feck did JWP play him onside by sprinting back before the free kick was taken ? I would is going to have a field day. Had the held the line he would have been a mile off.

Not to mention it was JWP's sloppy, lazy ball that caused the free kick in the first place. He's been dogshít the past few weeks... and there is no way EVER that Ralph will drop him.

Old School is Cool

Late match thread on 17:05 - Dec 4 with 862 viewsdirk_doone

Late match thread on 17:00 - Dec 4 by Bicester_North

Pathetic from ward Prowse, and he gave the ball away before that.

Injury ravaged 10 man Brighton at home and we f*ck it up.

F*ck off Saints

Looking on the bright side, at least it's better than when we lost to a 9 man Newcastle team. But, it does seem as though when the opposition go down to 10 men, we are the team that's in trouble.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Late match thread on 17:06 - Dec 4 with 852 viewsgrumpy

How Duffy didn't get a red card is beyond my comprehension.
What on earth has happened to JWP and Livramento?
Why do we keep giving Salisu the ball for long throw-ins, they never get anywhere.
Late match thread on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 838 viewswibbersda

Im getting so fooked off with this. How many times are we going to throw away games.
Late match thread on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 838 viewssaintwizzler

Remember when Forster signed his bumper 6 year contract and immediately became shit?
JWP pîss poor again.
What was he thinking?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Late match thread on 17:08 - Dec 4 with 822 viewsHeisenberg

Late match thread on 17:02 - Dec 4 by City_boy

It was a stupid foul that Romeu gave away and then JWP played them all on side ? School boy stuff.

Once again we hardly threaten in the 2nd half, and were trying to defend a slender lead.

I agree with earlier comments, Brighton's rolling around all the time. was pathetic and the Ref made some really bizarre decisions.

6 corners and not one caused them a problem. JWP is so predictable at corners, that's even when he does clear the 1st man.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:05]

Ref was awful and missed a Brighton red but we shot ourselves in the foot. We had chance after chance but a basic error cost us. I have no idea what JWP was doing and I expect Ralph doesn’t know either. Brighton got away with it but I reckon we will be ok

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Late match thread on 17:08 - Dec 4 with 820 viewsdirk_doone

Late match thread on 17:06 - Dec 4 by grumpy

How Duffy didn't get a red card is beyond my comprehension.
What on earth has happened to JWP and Livramento?
Why do we keep giving Salisu the ball for long throw-ins, they never get anywhere.

Maybe it's just as well Brighton didn't go down to 9 men as they'd probably have beaten us like Newcastle did.

Losing to Norwich was probably a fair reflection of our level. We were lucky today that Brighton had so many injuries and don't have much quality in reserve.

Drawing at home and losing away is relegation form.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:15]

Late match thread on 17:09 - Dec 4 with 817 views1885_SFC

Late match thread on 17:07 - Dec 4 by wibbersda

Im getting so fooked off with this. How many times are we going to throw away games.

That's 14 points dropped from a winning position already this season. That's down to Ralph's management & in-game tactics/positional changes.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Late match thread on 17:09 - Dec 4 with 816 viewsgrumpy

JWP has not been the same since he pulled on an England shirt.
Late match thread on 17:11 - Dec 4 with 793 viewsinthebox

I try to be positive but after that, 10 men for f*ck sake I can't see where are next winnable game will come. All they had to do was kick it in the stands.
Late match thread on 17:12 - Dec 4 with 791 viewsclunk76

Late match thread on 17:09 - Dec 4 by 1885_SFC

That's 14 points dropped from a winning position already this season. That's down to Ralph's management & in-game tactics/positional changes.

...and don't forget we are STILL playing players out of position which is utterly utterly incomprehensible.
Late match thread on 17:12 - Dec 4 with 785 viewsdirk_doone

Late match thread on 17:09 - Dec 4 by 1885_SFC

We must be the worst team in the league in the second half of games. We just collapse like a house of cards after half-time.

Late match thread on 17:14 - Dec 4 with 767 viewsgrumpy

Late match thread on 17:11 - Dec 4 by inthebox

I try to be positive but after that, 10 men for f*ck sake I can't see where are next winnable game will come. All they had to do was kick it in the stands.

You have to look at Ralph and ask what is he saying at half time and when we are trying to hold on to a one goal lead?
Late match thread on 17:17 - Dec 4 with 750 viewsBuenosSaint

Late match thread on 17:08 - Dec 4 by Heisenberg

Ref was awful and missed a Brighton red but we shot ourselves in the foot. We had chance after chance but a basic error cost us. I have no idea what JWP was doing and I expect Ralph doesn’t know either. Brighton got away with it but I reckon we will be ok

The only thing I could guess was he thought it was going into the corner away from McCarthy/ he didn't trust his gk and thought it best to head it off the line. Either way it's bollox. Cannot believe saints threw that away yet again.

Poll: The Long Future

Late match thread on 17:17 - Dec 4 with 742 viewsSadoldgit

Well that sucks. We had some glorious chances to get the second but again didn’t finish them off. Tino was very poor today. Not much else to say.
Late match thread on 17:18 - Dec 4 with 743 viewsMytchettSaint

Late match thread on 17:04 - Dec 4 by 1885_SFC

Not to mention it was JWP's sloppy, lazy ball that caused the free kick in the first place. He's been dogshít the past few weeks... and there is no way EVER that Ralph will drop him.

Some players are undroppable under Ralph. If fit - they play.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Late match thread on 17:20 - Dec 4 with 736 viewssaintwizzler

Late match thread on 17:12 - Dec 4 by clunk76

...and don't forget we are STILL playing players out of position which is utterly utterly incomprehensible.

Only 1 today.

The manager is untouchable under the current owner.

Semmens needs to find a buyer very quickly and get this manager gone or some big money players in.

We are dropping like Katie Price’s knickers.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Late match thread on 17:24 - Dec 4 with 717 views1885_SFC

Late match thread on 17:17 - Dec 4 by Sadoldgit

Well that sucks. We had some glorious chances to get the second but again didn’t finish them off. Tino was very poor today. Not much else to say.

He's burnt out (Tino) and JWP isn't the player he was since his 3-match ban/England omission/the Villa interest.

Tino needs a rest & KWP needs to play in that position. Ward-Prowse needs to be dropped until he gets his head out of his arse and does what he's paid to do and stop sulking.

We are missing Stuart Armstrong big time. We just don't win games when he's missing.

Old School is Cool

Late match thread on 17:24 - Dec 4 with 717 viewsRon11

Late match thread on 17:12 - Dec 4 by dirk_doone

We must be the worst team in the league in the second half of games. We just collapse like a house of cards after half-time.

Well it's become a very familiar pattern now.
This isn't just down to the players, the manger has to take the responsibility - players STILL out of position, persistently playing Ward prowess who clearly is well off form and needs to be dropped (but won't be) and STILL trying to defend a one goal lead.
And it's beginning to look like Livramento is wishing he had not joined Saints, as well as Stuart Armstrong's persistent calf injury which is now looking more and more like a disagreement with Hassenhutl - of course it wouldn't be the tactics, would it?
Late match thread on 17:26 - Dec 4 with 707 viewsclunk76

Late match thread on 17:20 - Dec 4 by saintwizzler

Only 1 today.

The manager is untouchable under the current owner.

Semmens needs to find a buyer very quickly and get this manager gone or some big money players in.

We are dropping like Katie Price’s knickers.

Only 1, but a vital one. KWP on his correct side with Tino in front of him and we would be up and down the right flank like a rocket.

I just cannot comprehend what is going on n Ralphs head.
Late match thread on 17:35 - Dec 4 with 669 viewspjt50

Late match thread on 17:17 - Dec 4 by BuenosSaint

The only thing I could guess was he thought it was going into the corner away from McCarthy/ he didn't trust his gk and thought it best to head it off the line. Either way it's bollox. Cannot believe saints threw that away yet again.

I assume he dropped back because McCarthy picked up a hamstring injury in the second half & he was covering that side of the goal.

Difficult to look on the bright side but the overall performance was pretty good.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Late match thread on 17:51 - Dec 4 with 615 viewsBridders2

Late match thread on 17:12 - Dec 4 by dirk_doone

Basically the high press means they run themselves ragged in the first half and then for 10 minutes after the break then they're knackered. I'd of brought in Dialo and taken an attacker off. AND tried to play a more measured game, we can't high press for 90 minutes.
Late match thread on 17:55 - Dec 4 with 602 viewsdirk_doone

Late match thread on 17:35 - Dec 4 by pjt50

I assume he dropped back because McCarthy picked up a hamstring injury in the second half & he was covering that side of the goal.

Difficult to look on the bright side but the overall performance was pretty good.

Yes,McCarthy had a hamstring injury which was troubling him in the last quarter of the game but didn't tell Ralph, which is why he wasn't subbed, and why Ward-Prowse went into goal with him to try to stop that Brighton free-kick. You'd think Ralph would have noticed anyway.

Late match thread on 17:55 - Dec 4 with 600 viewsElijahK

Well that was just the typical saints we all know of! Just taking the p*ss with the ball in injury time, passing it around at the back, giving away stupid free kicks for no point whatsoever! But Prowse wasn’t completely at fault for that last one as McCarthy was injured so he had to be there (although I don’t think he had his greatest game anyway). Today was on the players as they cost us those late points dropped by all the stupid decisions they gave at the end!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Late match thread on 17:59 - Dec 4 with 580 viewsElijahK

Late match thread on 17:55 - Dec 4 by dirk_doone

Yes,McCarthy had a hamstring injury which was troubling him in the last quarter of the game but didn't tell Ralph, which is why he wasn't subbed, and why Ward-Prowse went into goal with him to try to stop that Brighton free-kick. You'd think Ralph would have noticed anyway.

I’m pretty sure he did tell him it’s just we didn’t have Forster on the bench, so just had a youth goalie to bring in which is understandable of why he probably decided not to bring him on

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024