Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Saints play in yellow/blue? 13:16 - Mar 3 with 2734 viewsPaleRider

Do you think Saints should play in yellow/blue away kit for the rest of this season?

Normally I wouldn't get excited about this but I believe that for the first time since WW2 we are seeing a good versus evil war. I know it is just a gesture but Saints adopting our away kit would be a good gesture.
Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 13:23 - Mar 3 with 2716 viewsdirk_doone

It would be better if it wasn't just about Saints but all teams, all over the world, wore yellow and blue armbands. That would get massive TV coverage and even in Russia, millions watch foreign football on TV.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 17:24 - Mar 3 with 2609 viewsPoirot

No, a measured response of what happened last night is the limit.

Enough politics in football already and there has been PR exploiting the war already by clubs.
Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 20:09 - Mar 4 with 2516 viewsdirk_doone

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 13:23 - Mar 3 by dirk_doone

It would be better if it wasn't just about Saints but all teams, all over the world, wore yellow and blue armbands. That would get massive TV coverage and even in Russia, millions watch foreign football on TV.

Oh well. I guess they won't be showing foreign football in China or Russia any more:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60524865

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 20:14 - Mar 4 with 2505 viewsJaySaint

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 17:24 - Mar 3 by Poirot

Enough politics in football already and there has been PR exploiting the war already by clubs.

What are you suggesting?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 22:18 - Mar 4 with 2415 viewscocklebreath

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 17:24 - Mar 3 by Poirot

Exploiting the war? You’re a nutcase

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 23:25 - Mar 4 with 2368 viewsbarry_sanchez

Politics is everywhere, football also.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 23:44 - Mar 4 with 2360 viewsSaintsforeverj

All it shows it that we are on Ukraines side, and I doubt the Ukrainian people scared to death in underground stations will even know we are doing it. It is of no help to all those poor people in Ukraine. Fully agree with the comments regarding donating to support Ukrainian people and / or their armed forces being a much better idea. Having said that though, I suppose it's Saints way of showing support, whilst also giving fans a free away scarf.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 23:48]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 00:49 - Mar 8 with 2167 viewsdirk_doone

Still showing in Russia:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/russian-broadcaster-apologises-after-showin

Login to get fewer ads

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 09:32 - Mar 8 with 2066 viewsgeezershoong1

Standing with Ukraine, taking the knee etc etc.

Whether you think they are important or not, let's not go overboard. The games will end up starting 10 minutes late soon.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 10:01 - Mar 8 with 2057 viewsChesham_Saint

As the majority seem to be of the view that taking the knee before every game makes a difference, how could they possibly think wearing our yellow and blue every game should not do likewise?
[Post edited 8 Mar 2022 10:57]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 10:21 - Mar 8 with 2054 viewsPaleRider

As I said in the OP it is a gesture. However, people around the world, including Russia and China, love the Premier League. Saints playing in yellow/blue would be a very cheap but visible gesture. I don't see what the downsides are. As a result, this is a small win and a visible F U.
Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 1926 viewsdirk_doone

Russia defeating Ukraine at the Amex. I'm not sure that change of strip has worked out very well.

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 14:28 - Mar 12 with 1886 viewsPoirot

Lets hope those advocating 'side taking' and gesturing around football matches doesnt end up with terrorists attacking our stadiums and fans.

Brighton today was nothing more than exploiting a blood thirsty war for their own PR. Tokenism was done by the easily led last week.
Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 23:30 - Mar 12 with 1778 viewsJellybaby

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 13:08 - Mar 12 by dirk_doone

Russia defeating Ukraine at the Amex. I'm not sure that change of strip has worked out very well.

Yes, I thought that, the only way that kind of empty gesture works is if Liverpool had played their part by meekly surrendering or retreating back into the dressing room - did no-one show them the script???

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 23:46 - Mar 12 with 1772 viewsDorsetIan

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 23:30 - Mar 12 by Jellybaby

Yes, I thought that, the only way that kind of empty gesture works is if Liverpool had played their part by meekly surrendering or retreating back into the dressing room - did no-one show them the script???

You were posting elsewhere Jelly that Ukraine was a centre of corruption.

Bill Maher was quoting that exact same line from QAnon.

I think we all know where you stand on supporting Ukraine.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 07:49 - Mar 13 with 1723 viewsHeisenberg

Whilst clubs clap for Ukraine or wear yellow and blue the FA are happy to sanction ownership of Newcastle by the same state that only 2 days ago executed 81 people in a flagrant abuse of human rights. It’s total hypocrisy. Football has sold its soul.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 09:32 - Mar 13 with 1687 viewsJellybaby

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 23:46 - Mar 12 by DorsetIan

You were posting elsewhere Jelly that Ukraine was a centre of corruption.

Bill Maher was quoting that exact same line from QAnon.

I think we all know where you stand on supporting Ukraine.

You are presumptuous and wrong Ian. I said Ukraine has the second highest amount of corruption in Europe, Russia is first, it is a problematic part of the world well before conflict.

I am against all war and corruption and have huge compassion for those who are suffering in Ukraine.

I also do not support or follow QAnon. I know you struggle with any kind of scepticism and are desperate to pigeonhole me, but don't go making false allegations.

Just out of interest Ian, do you stand with the 65% unvaccinated Ukranians or just the vaxxed ones?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 02:52 - Mar 14 with 1618 viewsDorsetIan

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 09:32 - Mar 13 by Jellybaby

You are presumptuous and wrong Ian. I said Ukraine has the second highest amount of corruption in Europe, Russia is first, it is a problematic part of the world well before conflict.

I am against all war and corruption and have huge compassion for those who are suffering in Ukraine.

I also do not support or follow QAnon. I know you struggle with any kind of scepticism and are desperate to pigeonhole me, but don't go making false allegations.

Just out of interest Ian, do you stand with the 65% unvaccinated Ukranians or just the vaxxed ones?

‘I am against all war and corruption and have huge compassion for those who are suffering in Ukraine’ - very statesmanlike, but that doesn’t sound like you’re picking a side to me...

And maybe you’re not getting your ideas from QAnon, but you’re both getting them from the same source - Putin.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 18:44 - Mar 14 with 1534 viewsJellybaby

Should Saints play in yellow/blue? on 02:52 - Mar 14 by DorsetIan

‘I am against all war and corruption and have huge compassion for those who are suffering in Ukraine’ - very statesmanlike, but that doesn’t sound like you’re picking a side to me...

And maybe you’re not getting your ideas from QAnon, but you’re both getting them from the same source - Putin.

I'm against all warmongering psychopaths, I am on the side of the ordinary people who have their lives destroyed and sacrificed at the whim of global elites, what do you not understand?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024