Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salisu, Head has been turned already! 12:13 - Apr 17 with 2236 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news

So Ralph hints that the Newcastle rumours have affected Salisu already, just like Ings, his performances have dropped because of it. No doubt, he wants to go. Luckily Lyanco is a ready made replacement.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 12:31]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 13:37 - Apr 17 with 2087 viewsPatfromPoole

I don’t think one clean sheet against Arsenal makes Lyanco a ready-made replacement…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 13:45 - Apr 17 with 2079 viewsSaintsforeverj

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 13:37 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

I don’t think one clean sheet against Arsenal makes Lyanco a ready-made replacement…..

He was good before his injury though. I quite like him. Looks like an Anglo-Saxon warrior. We need a few of them in our team.

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 20:44 - Apr 17 with 1820 viewsBicester_North

This is why it’s difficult to support players in this league. All they do is play football, they have everything else laid on for them. But if what Ralph is saying is true, Salisu doesn’t have the balls or the mentality to do his basic job just because his name is in the media.

Same with Van Dijk and Lovren. And centre halves are supposed to be the big men. Oh and Bednarek apparently.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 20:45]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 10:09 - Apr 18 with 1571 viewsSaintNick

We dont know what is going on, the fact that the rumours are affecting his performances doesn't necessarily mean that he wants to go, just that he has been affected by it.

But we should not be afraid of selling him, we don't have unlimited resources so we have to wheel & deal, that means that if we get an offer we can't refuse from someone we should take it knowing we have already got our replacement lined up.

The issue for Saints has never been selling players, it has always been about who we replace them with

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 11:57 - Apr 18 with 1512 viewsSadoldgit

“No doubt, he wants to go.” Not sure how you come to this conclusion after reading that article? To me it says that the transfer speculation may have unsettled him, as may have Ramadan. Stuart Armstrong is still here despite plenty of baseless speculation that he wanted out when he had a long spell out with an injury. I don’t get the constant negativity around this club. A player loses form or is out injured for a while so it is automatically assumed that he wants to leave. A players leaves so we all fret because no one wants to sign for a club like us. Just look at the Ings situation. The perceived wisdom was that he wasn’t trying anymore because he wanted out. That being the case, how come his form didn’t improve once he got his move. He has hardly set the world alight at Villa, in fact there is speculation that they might move him off to Brighton in the summer. Let’s have a bit more faith in the players and the club eh? The player is still young and is learning his trade. He took a long time to settle here and perhaps there are other things going on in his life? Whatever the reason, we shouldn’t just assume a player wants to leave immediately if they have a few poor games.
Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 12:16 - Apr 18 with 1496 viewsPoirot

I only think Salisu was going to be sold if the club wasnt taken over. The financial situation was bad and funds would have been used to plug it.
Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 12:33 - Apr 18 with 1481 viewsSaintsforeverj

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 10:09 - Apr 18 by SaintNick

We dont know what is going on, the fact that the rumours are affecting his performances doesn't necessarily mean that he wants to go, just that he has been affected by it.

But we should not be afraid of selling him, we don't have unlimited resources so we have to wheel & deal, that means that if we get an offer we can't refuse from someone we should take it knowing we have already got our replacement lined up.

The issue for Saints has never been selling players, it has always been about who we replace them with

Why would the rumours be affecting his performances? What is there to be affected by I ask?

If there is nothing in this, why doesn't Ralph say so? Ralph is honest and said this is a "typical" situation. Ralph has hardly left us thinking there is nothing in it, with his comments. He could have just said "Salisu is thoroughly committed and will be a great long term player for us"
[Post edited 18 Apr 2022 12:49]

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 09:28 - Apr 19 with 1256 viewssaint901

In my view Salisu has not been the same since the January transfer window closed.

He thinks he's good enough to make time on the ball to play the killer pass out of defence. He's not that good. Sometimes foot through the ball is the answer but he clearly thinks he is better than that.

That is a coaching thing. There are drills that can help. It is also a personal thing. Knowing where your strengths and weaknesses are.

He can recaputure his form but he needs to go back to basics. If he can't or doesn't want to, then it's time to move on.
Login to get fewer ads

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 11:29 - Apr 19 with 1209 viewsSonicBoom

For me Salisu came into the team looking raw but with potential. He was capable of looking very good, making loads of tackles and interceptions and throwing his body on the line. He also looked rash, gave away free kicks and lunged in foolishly often leaving the striker with a free run in on goal.
Here we are most of the way through the season and.....umm he still looks like that.
Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 12:19 - Apr 19 with 1163 viewssaint901

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 11:29 - Apr 19 by SonicBoom

For me Salisu came into the team looking raw but with potential. He was capable of looking very good, making loads of tackles and interceptions and throwing his body on the line. He also looked rash, gave away free kicks and lunged in foolishly often leaving the striker with a free run in on goal.
Here we are most of the way through the season and.....umm he still looks like that.

Agreed.

If we could sell him on for a few million, I would not be sorry.
Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 13:42 - Apr 19 with 1116 views1885_SFC

We buy players with a lot of potential. Salisu has a lot of potential.

Definitely keep him. He's only 23. We're hardly blessed with numerous centre backs as it is.

Old School is Cool

Salisu, Head has been turned already! on 01:26 - Apr 20 with 937 viewsTimSaint

It is just an excuse for poor man management !!

He hasn't been the same player since he go injured, missed the Villa game, got rushed back when he probably wasn't ready and has been accident prone ever since.

He is nowhere near the finished article, or anywhere near the player some of the media have hyped him up to be. As good as he can be - he is top of the 'interceptions league' - he is just as poor with some of his decision making ala Spurs penalty / red card and numerous incidents v Watford and Chelsea, to name but a few.

There is a player in there and I think he can mature into a very good player over the next season or 2, but I think if we signed someone this summer, to take control of our defence and organise everyone, then he would be the ideal partner.

......but of course, we say we need to sign a new CB every summer !!

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024