Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Street Parties 08:57 - Jun 3 with 4548 viewsSaintNick

Whose street is having a party this weekend and more to the point will you go or are you not bothered with all this monarchy lark

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Street Parties on 11:43 - Jun 4 with 1385 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 23:18 - Jun 3 by Sadoldgit

I’m not a royalist, but can you imagine doing what she has to do every day into your 90’s? She has been a consummate professional and has sacrificed what we would consider a normal life for one of duty. When you consider what a light weight we have as a PM right now she puts into contrast what we should expect from someone in a such a high position. I have utmost respect for her. I don’t think many people would sacrifice a normal life for hers. A life of luxury? Having to make small talk with strangers day after day after day is my idea of hell. Living your life in a goldfish bowl is my idea of hell. Living in Buckingham Palace is my idea of hell. I wouldn’t trade places with her for all the money in the world.

But in all fairness to that “lightweight” PM we currently have (who I myself aren’t the biggest fan of), he earned his place as PM. As he’s the one that went to uni/college to get to the position he’s in today, and is the one that won the election to get that role that he possesses.

Ok and maybe your idea of hell is different to my own/other peoples, but I’m 100% certain that by far a majority of people would trade their lives for the one she lives.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Street Parties on 12:22 - Jun 4 with 1362 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 10:32 - Jun 4 by Chesham_Saint

You really are one naive little boy at times Elijah. Do some proper research and come back with a reasoned critique and you just might win some hearts and minds over to your point of view.

Could say the exact same about you/other propel on this site and their thoughts/opinions over referees, players, coaches etc. As I’ve looked into and seen some of the stuff that the queen does, but it’s basically what I was told previously anyway, and my opinions my opinion which I know is 100% in the minority but it still doesn’t remove the fact that it’s what I think

Street Parties on 13:11 - Jun 4 with 1341 viewsSaintsforeverj

Street Parties on 11:26 - Jun 4 by ElijahK

Mate I am young adult, but in all fairness I was never too into all that Xbox stuff, or at least haven’t been for quite a while now. As I watch a bit of news here and there, but as someone who’s doing environmental studies like course at uni, I watched a lot of blue planet and such, and still do.

But I do agree that it can be down to age, as certainly in the past (before Prime Ministers and such had the power they do today) the royal family did do a lot, and if you go far enough back, they even fought in wars and actually made some hard decisions. But these days with our royal family, they don’t do anywhere near as much, and get a life of luxury for free, overspending on houses, trips, cars etc.

And yeahh I get what your saying about how they were born into it, which is why I don’t have anything against any of them, it’s just I don’t have anything for them ether, and being born into it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. As I get that the queen goes all across the world to meet people, do speeches and all that sort of stuff, but my point has always been that firstly, when she’s going there and doing this, it’s not like she’s in the economy section of the plane, or at your typical 3/4 star hotel etc, as she’ll have her own jet, hotel, chef, limo etc, and gets a life of luxury every day, that none of us will probably have once in our lifetime.
And the things that she actually goes abroad to do, aren’t things that we’d probably struggle doing. As she’s not having loads of guts and standing up for what’s right and protesting major issues like Martin Luther King jr, or bring a major athlete that’s had soo much commitment to that sport which has made them the very best they could be at it etc. No, she’s just having a chat/showing off to a crowd with things that ether of us could do. And that is why I never can get/understand how soo many love/adore her to the levels that they do.

As we’ve got a National anthem, a whole day/week about her, will get time off when she passes away etc, all for someone who’s had it all ready made for her. Whilst there’s many people that have helped the British economy, inventors/technicians, soldiers, doctors etc, who are literally saving lives, and doing things that soo few of us could/can do, due to their levels of commitment, bravery and sheer will to do the best that they can. And these people don’t always get a life of luxury when doing all of this, as unlike the queen, they will be in economy when going abroad, and will be staying in your typical 3/4 star hotel etc. Yet they’ve saved lives, made this country soo much better than many others around the world and allowed us to live a pretty easy/safe life.
But those people don’t get a national anthem about them, a whole day of respect and celebration, the levels of money/respect they deserve. Yet the queen does, even though without her our society could easily still run, yet without those that I named above, it would be chaos…

There are millions of people feeling happiness, pride and joy with street parties, barbecues, and a few drinks. People are smiling, being kind to each other and having a celebration. There are people in our street chatting away who would never usually meet. An event like this brings people together and makes them feel happy. This wouldn't happen, if it wasn't for the royal family. We have a charity float coming by us later, with ill patients draped in the Union Jack, helping out. It will be fun and joyous occasion for them. There are people at war, in lockdown or just leading miserable lives. We get to have a celebration. So I would say, stop analysing what the Queen does or doesn't do, and have some fun, smile and enjoy a moment of history that will never happen again.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 13:16]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Street Parties on 13:31 - Jun 4 with 1325 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 13:11 - Jun 4 by Saintsforeverj

There are millions of people feeling happiness, pride and joy with street parties, barbecues, and a few drinks. People are smiling, being kind to each other and having a celebration. There are people in our street chatting away who would never usually meet. An event like this brings people together and makes them feel happy. This wouldn't happen, if it wasn't for the royal family. We have a charity float coming by us later, with ill patients draped in the Union Jack, helping out. It will be fun and joyous occasion for them. There are people at war, in lockdown or just leading miserable lives. We get to have a celebration. So I would say, stop analysing what the Queen does or doesn't do, and have some fun, smile and enjoy a moment of history that will never happen again.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 13:16]

I’m not saying that people shouldn’t enjoy it all, as I’m not religious yet I still celebrate Christmas and back when I was younger did Easter and Halloween etc. It’s just my point was more of why is she soo respected/loved anyway, as I don’t have an issue with a day off/better pay for a day, but it’s just that I don’t get how it’s still happening.

Street Parties on 20:27 - Jun 4 with 1227 views1885_SFC

Fantastic footage of Red Arrows & BBMF: View from inside the cockpit for Platinum Jubilee flypast. Put it on fullscreen:

Old School is Cool

Street Parties on 20:35 - Jun 4 with 1215 viewsDellHero_Would

I remember the Silver Jubilee. We didn’t have a street party as such. Just cooking sausages an open fire. Upmost respect for the Queen. She didn’t ask take on the role. The rest of them I’ve got no time for apart from Anne who does a lot for good causes without making a drama out of it.

Poll: Wearing a mask

Street Parties on 22:29 - Jun 4 with 1177 viewsSadoldgit

Street Parties on 11:43 - Jun 4 by ElijahK

But in all fairness to that “lightweight” PM we currently have (who I myself aren’t the biggest fan of), he earned his place as PM. As he’s the one that went to uni/college to get to the position he’s in today, and is the one that won the election to get that role that he possesses.

Ok and maybe your idea of hell is different to my own/other peoples, but I’m 100% certain that by far a majority of people would trade their lives for the one she lives.

You are entitled to your view. I respectfully disagree. She is still working at 96. How many people would work until they were 96 ( or until they died)? You make it sound like she has spent her life partying or lazing around on beaches.
Street Parties on 23:46 - Jun 4 with 1123 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Street Parties on 15:26 - Jun 3 by ElijahK

Couldn’t give a toss about all the monarchy sh*t!
As she’s had a life of luxury and does nothing that the average person couldn’t do when being in her position, other than getting a few quid off of the tourists.
Never understood one bit of how soo many respect/love her to the levels that some do…
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 15:28]

You don't care because you're a horrible disrespectful oaf.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Login to get fewer ads

Street Parties on 00:04 - Jun 5 with 1115 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 23:46 - Jun 4 by Gennaro_Contaldo

You don't care because you're a horrible disrespectful oaf.

Someone had a bad day?
So what, do saying things that is in my opinion, and have all the right in the world to say, is now bad? As if that’s the case then I would personally say that many of those that complain about certain officials are “horrible disrespectful oafs” but I don’t say that, as I’m someone who’s understands both sides of the debate and won’t just start being all pathetic and calling anyone who disagrees with me childish names.

As its not right that she gets more respect/rewards than the many soldiers, policemen, doctors, firefighters etc that have both spent their whole lives as well as some giving their lives, to save and protect others, yet they don’t get a whole day celebrating them or the life of luxury like she does, which ain’t right. And whether you agree with/like my opinion or not I couldn’t care any less, as it’s my opinion and it’s a fair one, as its just not right
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 0:10]

Street Parties on 00:09 - Jun 5 with 1110 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 22:29 - Jun 4 by Sadoldgit

You are entitled to your view. I respectfully disagree. She is still working at 96. How many people would work until they were 96 ( or until they died)? You make it sound like she has spent her life partying or lazing around on beaches.

No she has spent a long time doing many things, it’s just my person points are that the things she’s doing aren’t things that the average person couldn’t do when in her position, and when she’s doing all of this, it’s nit like she’s not getting a life of lucidly for it (as she does literally live in a palace).
But it’s not just her herself that my opinions based on, but also the levels of respect we give to certain people/groups, as like I’ve already said I don’t think it’s fair/right whatsoever that she gets all of these celebrations and respect whilst soldiers, doctors etc get practically nothing compared to that, even though in my opinion, what they do is a lot more necessary, important and life saving that what she does.

But like you said yourself, I respect your opinion and know I’m in the minority on here, as I think both sides have points, but we’ve both got our own “main points” and that’s why we see it differently.

Street Parties on 00:17 - Jun 5 with 1100 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Street Parties on 00:04 - Jun 5 by ElijahK

Someone had a bad day?
So what, do saying things that is in my opinion, and have all the right in the world to say, is now bad? As if that’s the case then I would personally say that many of those that complain about certain officials are “horrible disrespectful oafs” but I don’t say that, as I’m someone who’s understands both sides of the debate and won’t just start being all pathetic and calling anyone who disagrees with me childish names.

As its not right that she gets more respect/rewards than the many soldiers, policemen, doctors, firefighters etc that have both spent their whole lives as well as some giving their lives, to save and protect others, yet they don’t get a whole day celebrating them or the life of luxury like she does, which ain’t right. And whether you agree with/like my opinion or not I couldn’t care any less, as it’s my opinion and it’s a fair one, as its just not right
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 0:10]

I was being polite.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 8:57]

Street Parties on 00:30 - Jun 5 with 1093 viewsSaintsforeverj

Street Parties on 00:09 - Jun 5 by ElijahK

No she has spent a long time doing many things, it’s just my person points are that the things she’s doing aren’t things that the average person couldn’t do when in her position, and when she’s doing all of this, it’s nit like she’s not getting a life of lucidly for it (as she does literally live in a palace).
But it’s not just her herself that my opinions based on, but also the levels of respect we give to certain people/groups, as like I’ve already said I don’t think it’s fair/right whatsoever that she gets all of these celebrations and respect whilst soldiers, doctors etc get practically nothing compared to that, even though in my opinion, what they do is a lot more necessary, important and life saving that what she does.

But like you said yourself, I respect your opinion and know I’m in the minority on here, as I think both sides have points, but we’ve both got our own “main points” and that’s why we see it differently.

So because we don't have a big party for soldiers and doctors, we should stop the joyous scenes seen across the country today, that has brought so much happiness and celebration to millions of people? It's not that she "gets all of these celebrations", the celebrations and flag waving makes people feel happy, proud to be British and part of something. I have had a lovely day today with people happy and at one, all proud of a 96 year old lady who has reigned for 70 years. She has been ever present throughout our whole lives. A little research, will tell you what a lot of good she has done to many many people.

I know what you are trying to say, but it's misguided. Her Majesty deserves respect and I think she is incredible. Most people wouldn't and don't stay married for 75 years, they don't work into their 90s and they don't uphold such wonderful values, that are so desperately missing in today's world. She won't be here much longer, God bless her, and we celebrated her reign today. People like you suggesting she doesn't deserve it, are misguided and would be taking away something that brings so much joy to so many people.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 0:32]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Street Parties on 00:31 - Jun 5 with 1092 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 00:17 - Jun 5 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I was being polite.

Oh ok, I just see childish behaviour. As if your gonna childishly insult people for stating their opinions/beliefs (which everyone’s gotta right to whether you like it or not), then I recommend you don’t use social media.

Although I am used to dealing with people like you, as you get enough of them when your officiating on the pitch, although at least then I can always send them to the changing rooms early if they annoy me/go a step to far.

Street Parties on 00:35 - Jun 5 with 1088 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Street Parties on 00:31 - Jun 5 by ElijahK

Oh ok, I just see childish behaviour. As if your gonna childishly insult people for stating their opinions/beliefs (which everyone’s gotta right to whether you like it or not), then I recommend you don’t use social media.

Although I am used to dealing with people like you, as you get enough of them when your officiating on the pitch, although at least then I can always send them to the changing rooms early if they annoy me/go a step to far.

*you're

Night.

Street Parties on 00:45 - Jun 5 with 1083 viewsElijahK

Street Parties on 00:30 - Jun 5 by Saintsforeverj

So because we don't have a big party for soldiers and doctors, we should stop the joyous scenes seen across the country today, that has brought so much happiness and celebration to millions of people? It's not that she "gets all of these celebrations", the celebrations and flag waving makes people feel happy, proud to be British and part of something. I have had a lovely day today with people happy and at one, all proud of a 96 year old lady who has reigned for 70 years. She has been ever present throughout our whole lives. A little research, will tell you what a lot of good she has done to many many people.

I know what you are trying to say, but it's misguided. Her Majesty deserves respect and I think she is incredible. Most people wouldn't and don't stay married for 75 years, they don't work into their 90s and they don't uphold such wonderful values, that are so desperately missing in today's world. She won't be here much longer, God bless her, and we celebrated her reign today. People like you suggesting she doesn't deserve it, are misguided and would be taking away something that brings so much joy to so many people.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 0:32]

Ok I’m not saying we should stop it if you want it, but why not have more days of celebration/happiness for those that I named before then? As I know someone who’s farther has been in the army for basically their whole lives, and has had many comrades/friends die whilst he’s been there. Yet those people like my mates dad, and his friends get bugger all in respect in their lives, compared to what the queen gets this week. Yet if we remove the queen from our society, there may be a slight change or two, but nothing that major would change, and the UK would still manage to work/function like it does today (which is why many major countries don’t have royal families).
Yet if you remove doctors, policemen, soldiers etc from the society that we live in, it would be chaos, and many people we all know would have died, many people would get away with many bad things and society would collapse. Yet these people prevent that from happening and are a necessarily in todays world that we live in. Yet the best they arguably get is a minutes silence before the KO of like 1/2 games a season.
And if we’re talking about the amount/load of work that she does, then yeah you are correct that she has done a lot, but so do many people in todays world. Many people across the world have multiple jobs so that they can afford to make a living, and work soo many hours 7 days a week, all to make enough money to feed themselves/their family, and some of those jobs can be extremely tiring/dangerous, yet they’ve got no choice but to do it and don’t get a life of luxury when doing so. So why is it she should get extra credit for that then?

As I’m not sure if others are misunderstanding what I’m trying to say, but I’ve got nothing against the queen, as she’s just been born into it all and it’s not like any of us would do anything and differently. It’s just I don’t like how society looks upon her/does for her, compared to how it looks upon/does for others, who in my view (and really what should be everyone’s), is much more necessary/important in society than she is.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 0:48]

Street Parties on 01:28 - Jun 5 with 1067 viewsdarthvader

Street Parties on 00:45 - Jun 5 by ElijahK

Ok I’m not saying we should stop it if you want it, but why not have more days of celebration/happiness for those that I named before then? As I know someone who’s farther has been in the army for basically their whole lives, and has had many comrades/friends die whilst he’s been there. Yet those people like my mates dad, and his friends get bugger all in respect in their lives, compared to what the queen gets this week. Yet if we remove the queen from our society, there may be a slight change or two, but nothing that major would change, and the UK would still manage to work/function like it does today (which is why many major countries don’t have royal families).
Yet if you remove doctors, policemen, soldiers etc from the society that we live in, it would be chaos, and many people we all know would have died, many people would get away with many bad things and society would collapse. Yet these people prevent that from happening and are a necessarily in todays world that we live in. Yet the best they arguably get is a minutes silence before the KO of like 1/2 games a season.
And if we’re talking about the amount/load of work that she does, then yeah you are correct that she has done a lot, but so do many people in todays world. Many people across the world have multiple jobs so that they can afford to make a living, and work soo many hours 7 days a week, all to make enough money to feed themselves/their family, and some of those jobs can be extremely tiring/dangerous, yet they’ve got no choice but to do it and don’t get a life of luxury when doing so. So why is it she should get extra credit for that then?

As I’m not sure if others are misunderstanding what I’m trying to say, but I’ve got nothing against the queen, as she’s just been born into it all and it’s not like any of us would do anything and differently. It’s just I don’t like how society looks upon her/does for her, compared to how it looks upon/does for others, who in my view (and really what should be everyone’s), is much more necessary/important in society than she is.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2022 0:48]

Extra bank holiday for millions of people to help celebrate .
So for balance

I admire and love the Queen and most of the Royal family , have attended and enjoyed the celebration and ofcourse watching it all on tv brought up a proudness in me .

I am a bit bias towards the Royal Family as have worked in Windsor Castle back in the 90s for a few years ...i was completely awestruck everyday and actually liked going to work for that period of time

So since , then after being involved (in such a small way) my attitude is completely supportive of the Queen and the Royal Family .Also got me interested in History which i never would have bothered about if it wasnt for my time in the Castle,the people i met and things i was shown .

What HRH has done is unbelievable for 70 years , and lets not forget she wasnt supposed to initially take throne either. Her uncle abdicated and all that .

So i for one celebrated and have enjoyed it .

keep the faith coyr

Street Parties on 10:59 - Jun 5 with 951 viewsChesham_Saint

I was being polite.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Street Parties on 11:00 - Jun 5 with 947 viewsSadoldgit

We had an enjoyable get together yesterday afternoon. Not much talk about the Queen, just a nice social gathering. The bonus was that two Spitfires did a loop de loop over the village which was awesome. The is precious little to be happy about at the moment so a historical occasions like this is a good excuse to take some time out and reflect on the good things in life. Back to normal tomorrow until the old dear passes away and then more time off for national mourning.
Street Parties on 21:50 - Jun 5 with 810 viewsericofarabia

I was being polite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024