Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford and Spurs 20:34 - Mar 18 with 2253 viewsBerber

Last weekend, I was hoping to get at least one point from these games. I was expecting it to come from Brentford, but there you go. Plenty of effort today, and losing both CBS so early was a blow. Walcott was my MOTM. At last, a performance from him rather than the plodding going through the motions. I hope to see one or two more as his swan song.

They seemed to concentrate moving the ball from deep left to the right wing a lot. Perraud was exposed quite badly by lack of support by Elyounousi, though he did manage to cover if they attacked down our left flank rather than cross field.

No need to be sad and peed off tonight.
Brentford and Spurs on 20:54 - Mar 18 with 2174 views1885_SFC

Selles has won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2 of his games in charge.

I can't argue with that. We're not cut adrift - which is the important factor.

Old School is Cool

Brentford and Spurs on 21:16 - Mar 18 with 2148 viewsDorsetIan

The same frailties are there - particularly in front of goal - but we are playing as a team, and we’re improving.

It‘s going to be stop start for rest of the season but all 9 teams on 27 points or less are in the same boat. 6 of them are staying up. 10 games to go and all still to play for.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brentford and Spurs on 22:03 - Mar 18 with 2100 viewsA1079

It felt like todays game was all our season and last wrapped into one game. Some good stuff, some not so good stuff, missed chances, poor defending at times, then some good goals and some good individual performances and some fight. Still a real mountain to climb and we have played a game more than most but we aren't yet cut adrift.

I am still bewildered why some players are not being picked or automatic starters but there are some good signs even if we do go down. An entertaining game and for once value for money, so cannot complain about that. Pity other results did not go our way more.
Brentford and Spurs on 22:10 - Mar 18 with 2088 viewssaint22

Brentford and Spurs on 21:16 - Mar 18 by DorsetIan

The same frailties are there - particularly in front of goal - but we are playing as a team, and we’re improving.

It‘s going to be stop start for rest of the season but all 9 teams on 27 points or less are in the same boat. 6 of them are staying up. 10 games to go and all still to play for.

watching the highlights and even our need for goals and wins its unfathomable that sulemana doesn't start along with Alcarez
Brentford and Spurs on 22:25 - Mar 18 with 2064 viewsDorsetIan

Brentford and Spurs on 22:10 - Mar 18 by saint22

watching the highlights and even our need for goals and wins its unfathomable that sulemana doesn't start along with Alcarez

They started mid-week and we didn‘t score.

Today they cane on and did well with fresh legs against tired ones.

I don’t get the constant sniping at Selles‘ team selections. They’re better than Ralph’s and Jones‘ and he’s getting results. I think he’s earned a little latitude if we can’t always fully understand them.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brentford and Spurs on 22:33 - Mar 18 with 2050 viewscocklebreath

Just watched the extended sky highlights, looks like sulemana was excellent when he came on and Theo put a proper shift in, back to having a bit of hope

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Brentford and Spurs on 22:55 - Mar 18 with 2019 viewsSouthamptonfan

The comeback gives us a slither of hope, but most of the teams above us have a game in hand. We really need to beat West Ham away in our next game. Not convinced we will. We always do terribly there and they need to win too. Then we have Man City, whilst the others have winnable games that weekend. We could be cut adrift by then. Don't feel confident but 10 games to go. There is hope we will fight to the end.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Brentford and Spurs on 07:41 - Mar 19 with 1847 viewssaint22

Brentford and Spurs on 22:55 - Mar 18 by Southamptonfan

The comeback gives us a slither of hope, but most of the teams above us have a game in hand. We really need to beat West Ham away in our next game. Not convinced we will. We always do terribly there and they need to win too. Then we have Man City, whilst the others have winnable games that weekend. We could be cut adrift by then. Don't feel confident but 10 games to go. There is hope we will fight to the end.

we are well due a win at west ham, this is the year to get one
Would love to send them down

Question is who plays?
Car back in?
Alacarez and Sule have to start in my book
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford and Spurs on 07:56 - Mar 19 with 1832 viewsBerber

Brentford and Spurs on 20:54 - Mar 18 by 1885_SFC

Selles has won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2 of his games in charge.

I can't argue with that. We're not cut adrift - which is the important factor.

Not a bad return under normal circumstances. But I fear we will need to do better to stay up by our own efforts as that level of return will give us 39 points. As you say though, we are not cut adrift, and hopefully, some others will not do that well.
Brentford and Spurs on 09:33 - Mar 19 with 1775 viewssaintwizzler

I was hoping to get 6 points from these two games.

‘No need to be sad or peed off’

Have you seen the league table?
Going down with a whimper.
Celebrating 1 point from 2 home games.
Great.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Brentford and Spurs on 09:47 - Mar 19 with 1762 viewsBerber

Brentford and Spurs on 09:33 - Mar 19 by saintwizzler

I was hoping to get 6 points from these two games.

‘No need to be sad or peed off’

Have you seen the league table?
Going down with a whimper.
Celebrating 1 point from 2 home games.
Great.

Just being pragmatic. Unrealistic aspirations is the bane of our world. Like “I want to be a celebrity,” or the app’d FB pictures that are even used by the media as representative of dead young women. Nothing wrong in wild dreams, but mostly, don’t expect them to come true or be disappointed if they don’t.

My take on our chances will not affect one jot the results on the pitch, as has been proven over the past couple of seasons.
Brentford and Spurs on 11:10 - Mar 19 with 1688 viewssaintwizzler

Brentford and Spurs on 09:47 - Mar 19 by Berber

Just being pragmatic. Unrealistic aspirations is the bane of our world. Like “I want to be a celebrity,” or the app’d FB pictures that are even used by the media as representative of dead young women. Nothing wrong in wild dreams, but mostly, don’t expect them to come true or be disappointed if they don’t.

My take on our chances will not affect one jot the results on the pitch, as has been proven over the past couple of seasons.

WTF?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Brentford and Spurs on 13:12 - Mar 19 with 1653 viewsCity_boy

A very frustrating season.

We had 4 games where we got nothing, and should have had at least 6 (if not all 12) against, Leeds, Forest, Wolves and Brentford.

6 points from these games, which should not have been a big ask would have us 12th in the division as things stand today.
Brentford and Spurs on 14:05 - Mar 19 with 1617 viewskingslandstand1

Brentford and Spurs on 21:16 - Mar 18 by DorsetIan

You're right, but still felt that it was 2 points dropped despite the celebrations as if we'd won the league!

Could have done with Everton and Leeds losing though
Brentford and Spurs on 14:13 - Mar 19 with 1603 viewsSouthamptonfan

Brentford and Spurs on 14:05 - Mar 19 by kingslandstand1

You're right, but still felt that it was 2 points dropped despite the celebrations as if we'd won the league!

Could have done with Everton and Leeds losing though

As you suggest, I'm not sure a point was enough, yesterday. Yes, we have ten games left so we can do it, but a look at the fixtures tells me that some of the other teams will get some results in next few set of fixtures. I'm not sure we will get a win away to West Ham, then we play Man City. We could be 4 or 5 points behind by then. Bournemouth are home to Fulham, Palace play Leicester, Forest play Wolves in the next round of fixtures. All ifs and buts but we need to beat West Ham don't we, with Man City after that? Ofcourse it depends on other results, but it leaves us having to beat Palace and Bournemouth at home to catch them up.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 14:15]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Brentford and Spurs on 14:44 - Mar 19 with 1576 viewsBowlercow

We won at WHU Christmas 21 I think it was 2-3
Brentford and Spurs on 09:33 - Mar 20 with 1438 viewsdarthvader

Brentford and Spurs on 14:44 - Mar 19 by Bowlercow

We won at WHU Christmas 21 I think it was 2-3

Janny B with the winner

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024