Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly 16:32 - Mar 6 with 2724 viewsSaintNick

The fact that a fire so close to St Mary's has meant postponement to the game highlights the limited access routes to the stadium at the Chapel End, if that warehouse had gone up at 3,30pm on a Saturday during a game with a volatile away following, how would we have safely evacuated the Chapel End and indeed the away fans

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:44 - Mar 6 with 2086 views1ASIN12

In the 23 seasons we have been at St Mary’s we have had one game called off for a fire and that was called off over 3 hours before Kick off.

Also how many in the 23 years we have been at St Mary’s has we have a Volatile away following.

I’d say the chances of these things happening at the same time were slim to say the least .

How many grounds have vast amounts of room outside the away end ? I’d say there are several grounds that have the same or smaller room than the chapel end .

I’m not saying moving the away fans is a good or bad idea but to use todays fire is grasping at straws .
[Post edited 6 Mar 16:45]
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:46 - Mar 6 with 2075 viewsSaintNick

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:44 - Mar 6 by 1ASIN12

In the 23 seasons we have been at St Mary’s we have had one game called off for a fire and that was called off over 3 hours before Kick off.

Also how many in the 23 years we have been at St Mary’s has we have a Volatile away following.

I’d say the chances of these things happening at the same time were slim to say the least .

How many grounds have vast amounts of room outside the away end ? I’d say there are several grounds that have the same or smaller room than the chapel end .

I’m not saying moving the away fans is a good or bad idea but to use todays fire is grasping at straws .
[Post edited 6 Mar 16:45]

Using today's fire is not grasping at straws it's just opening debate

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:58 - Mar 6 with 2033 viewssaintmark1976

Nick, the folly is nothing to do with a one off fire.

The ongoing folly is thinking it’s sensible to have the away fans moved to an area next to the family centre.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:00 - Mar 6 with 2011 viewssaint22

Will Saturday go ahead??
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:18 - Mar 6 with 1958 views1ASIN12

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:00 - Mar 6 by saint22

Will Saturday go ahead??

I’d like to think the fire will be out by then
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:19 - Mar 6 with 1958 viewsgrumpy

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:58 - Mar 6 by saintmark1976

The ongoing folly is thinking it’s sensible to have the away fans moved to an area next to the family centre.

Are you talking about the family zone?
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:23 - Mar 6 with 1943 viewsTimSaint

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 16:58 - Mar 6 by saintmark1976

The proposals involve moving the away fans into the current family centre section and a little more on both sides. The family centre would then move to the Itchen / Chapel corner.

....so close to, but not next to the family centre.

TimSaint

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:26 - Mar 6 with 1932 viewsgrumpy

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:23 - Mar 6 by TimSaint

The proposals involve moving the away fans into the current family centre section and a little more on both sides. The family centre would then move to the Itchen / Chapel corner.

....so close to, but not next to the family centre.

I wouldn't say they were close to the away fans.
Sometimes people talk about the away fans as the devil incarnate,its nothing like the 60/70s.
[Post edited 6 Mar 17:29]
Login to get fewer ads

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:46 - Mar 6 with 1879 viewsNumber_58

What has any of this got to do with Johan Folly?
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:11 - Mar 6 with 1840 viewssaintmark1976

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:26 - Mar 6 by grumpy

I wouldn't say they were close to the away fans.
Sometimes people talk about the away fans as the devil incarnate,its nothing like the 60/70s.
[Post edited 6 Mar 17:29]

So at the present time the family centre and family zone are literally as far away from the away fans as is possible.

Agreed, it’s not the 60/70s but if I were a parent taking kids to the game I would be far happier mixing with home fans before and after a game,rather than intoxicated scum, as was recently the case with Millwall.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:21 - Mar 6 with 1812 viewsgrumpy

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:11 - Mar 6 by saintmark1976

So at the present time the family centre and family zone are literally as far away from the away fans as is possible.

Agreed, it’s not the 60/70s but if I were a parent taking kids to the game I would be far happier mixing with home fans before and after a game,rather than intoxicated scum, as was recently the case with Millwall.

The answer is to keep away fans in the ground at the final whistle,happens at a lot of grounds.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:50 - Mar 6 with 1764 viewsSouthamptonfan

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:21 - Mar 6 by grumpy

The answer is to keep away fans in the ground at the final whistle,happens at a lot of grounds.

They did try to keep the Millwall fans in. They were bashing in the gates, abusing the stewards, pushing and shoving in the concourses, so they had to let them out.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 19:03 - Mar 6 with 1716 views1885_SFC

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 17:00 - Mar 6 by saint22

Will Saturday go ahead??

Providing there's no asbestos found I'd imagine so.

Old School is Cool

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 19:32 - Mar 6 with 1679 viewsgrumpy

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 18:50 - Mar 6 by Southamptonfan

They did try to keep the Millwall fans in. They were bashing in the gates, abusing the stewards, pushing and shoving in the concourses, so they had to let them out.

What were the Police doing?
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 19:41 - Mar 6 with 1658 viewsSouthamptonfan

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 19:32 - Mar 6 by grumpy

What were the Police doing?

Trying to hold them back, but Millwall were surging forward I heard and it got too dangerous, people were being crushed in the concourses with 3000 Millwall pushing forward so they had to open the gates. Millwall were absolute drug crazed alcohol fueled animals.

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 1604 viewsgrumpy

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 19:41 - Mar 6 by Southamptonfan

Trying to hold them back, but Millwall were surging forward I heard and it got too dangerous, people were being crushed in the concourses with 3000 Millwall pushing forward so they had to open the gates. Millwall were absolute drug crazed alcohol fueled animals.

I don't get why people behave like that.
Is it to look tough?You just look stupid.
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 21:09 - Mar 6 with 1530 viewsSouthamptonfan

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 20:16 - Mar 6 by grumpy

I don't get why people behave like that.
Is it to look tough?You just look stupid.

Yep. I've not seen many fans as bad as Millwall, but Birmingham also threw bottles at our fans on Saturday from the upper tier. All the Millwall hooligans just got all their thugs together for a Saturday game, at an ex PL club, new manager, drink and drugs on the train there and back, a one club city to come and cause chaos. Millwall, in particular just attract all the hooligans who want a massive ruck. Some fans like that support Millwall just for that reason and arn't even from the area. It's interesting how certain clubs are so bad and some teams like Norwich, Watford, Rotherham are as friendly as you like.
[Post edited 6 Mar 21:11]

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 05:06 - Mar 7 with 1347 viewssledger

with all the talk of moving the away fans into the chapel end and the parking of coaches there as well does anyone else find it strange that these units next to the ground mysteriously burn down perhaps aiiowing saints to purchase and extend the car park or am i just being cynical
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 05:50 - Mar 7 with 1325 viewssaintwizzler

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 05:06 - Mar 7 by sledger

with all the talk of moving the away fans into the chapel end and the parking of coaches there as well does anyone else find it strange that these units next to the ground mysteriously burn down perhaps aiiowing saints to purchase and extend the car park or am i just being cynical

Yes Southampton Football Club committing arson so they can move the away fans does sound feasible.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 07:28 - Mar 7 with 1259 viewsJellybaby

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 05:06 - Mar 7 by sledger

Conspiracy theorist!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 07:37 - Mar 7 with 1255 viewsBuggalugs

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 05:50 - Mar 7 by saintwizzler

Yes Southampton Football Club committing arson so they can move the away fans does sound feasible.

There's a reason they call it a mongboard.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 11:02 - Mar 7 with 1156 viewskingolaf

We should move the whole ground completely so it’s not under the flight path. What if an aeroplane crashes into the stadium?
Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 11:55 - Mar 7 with 1116 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 11:02 - Mar 7 by kingolaf

We should move the whole ground completely so it’s not under the flight path. What if an aeroplane crashes into the stadium?

Ideal opportunity to build a new stadium that isn't a totally joyless flatpack, and you could build some atmosphere inside

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 13:58 - Mar 7 with 1050 viewsTimSaint

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 11:55 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Ideal opportunity to build a new stadium that isn't a totally joyless flatpack, and you could build some atmosphere inside

You're reply stinks of jealousy :-)

TimSaint

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 14:33 - Mar 7 with 1019 viewsSaintNick

Postponement Shows Moving Away Fans Is Folly on 11:55 - Mar 7 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

If the fire was next to Fratton there would have been a real danger that would have gone up as well, a lot of it is still made of wood isn't it ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024