Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices 14:22 - May 29 with 22649 viewstherealmorris

Details for 2014/15 season tickets are up

http://www.myqpr.co.uk/prices

[Post edited 29 May 2014 14:24]
Season Ticket Prices on 10:58 - May 30 with 1552 viewssimmo

Season Ticket Prices on 09:53 - May 30 by Charlie1

Playing devils advocate for a moment, was the championship much better?

I don't recall many good games in the first half of the season.

Other than being 'cheaper' although more games probably / possibly equates to more expenditure anyhow.

I suppose we will find out, if it's anything like last time, then the answer will be an emphatic yes. Also we had the chance to actually win something this season, be it promotion or playoffs, we were aiming for something tangible, rather than to finish 17th.

I understand your point though, both above and from the 'business' perspective, I just don't think the club has made the right decision when it comes to a 'losses vs fan reward' perspective, it's also compounded by the way they tried to spin it which I find insulting and a further slap in the face after the last few years.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Season Ticket Prices on 13:14 - May 30 with 1439 viewsQPunkR

Season Ticket Prices on 09:53 - May 30 by Charlie1

Playing devils advocate for a moment, was the championship much better?

I don't recall many good games in the first half of the season.

Other than being 'cheaper' although more games probably / possibly equates to more expenditure anyhow.

That the Championship games were so poor this season was down to Redknapp.
I too loved Saturday in isolation - going to Wembley for the first time, winning at Wembley for the first time, winning totally undeservedly with a last minute goal for the first time!! - but wasn't overly enamoured with or bothered about getting back to the 'big-time'. And now doubly more so - price hikes (call it what you want, that's what it amounts to) of 30% - 60% across the board *within the renewal period* is just shitting in the eyes of the fanbase when it's dressed up with so much fanfare like it's the best deal in the world. And look at the games we would've had next season had we not gone up - Brentford, Fulham, Cardiff, Norwich etc etc, whereas in the Prem the only game (admittedly THE biggest) is Chelscum. I don't give a gypsy's to$$ about ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal etc - I can see them on TV 25 times a season anyway.
I can't afford to pay this for fewer games this season - sorry if it makes me come across as a whiney b*stard or not a real fan, but that makes me sad

QPR - "shit but local"

Season Ticket Prices on 13:54 - May 30 with 1397 viewsCharlie1

Season Ticket Prices on 13:14 - May 30 by QPunkR

That the Championship games were so poor this season was down to Redknapp.
I too loved Saturday in isolation - going to Wembley for the first time, winning at Wembley for the first time, winning totally undeservedly with a last minute goal for the first time!! - but wasn't overly enamoured with or bothered about getting back to the 'big-time'. And now doubly more so - price hikes (call it what you want, that's what it amounts to) of 30% - 60% across the board *within the renewal period* is just shitting in the eyes of the fanbase when it's dressed up with so much fanfare like it's the best deal in the world. And look at the games we would've had next season had we not gone up - Brentford, Fulham, Cardiff, Norwich etc etc, whereas in the Prem the only game (admittedly THE biggest) is Chelscum. I don't give a gypsy's to$$ about ManUre, Liverpool, Arsenal etc - I can see them on TV 25 times a season anyway.
I can't afford to pay this for fewer games this season - sorry if it makes me come across as a whiney b*stard or not a real fan, but that makes me sad

It's not being whiney - everyone is entitled to their opinon. I don't think on this matter there is a right or wrong. We all have a choice on whether to get an ST or not.

For me, the ST being £50 less or not isn't the biggest issue. Not because I'm flushed with cash because I'm not. I'm far more interested in who the club recruits now and why. Two years ago, all and sundry creamed ourselves when we went mental in the transfer market. I'm more likely to find the extra money for a ST if we sign the likes of Townsend from Spurs rather than past it has beens. That's the million dollar question for me because it shows the direction the club are taking and ultimately then, I'll decide if I want to be part of that.

Part of the premiership experience has to be the better quality players involved. You just don't get that in the champ. I accept and agree with your point about HR this season - part of the reason I stopped going due to lack of motivation / bordem. But, the chance to watch some the worlds best players, as opposed to a lot of cloggers parking the bus...... I think the prem edges it. The problem for us, was that last season when the board got it wrong. So this time round, if we get it right, we'll be ok and be in happier place. If we get the transfers right.

2:59 baby!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024