Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices 14:22 - May 29 with 22640 viewstherealmorris

Details for 2014/15 season tickets are up

http://www.myqpr.co.uk/prices

[Post edited 29 May 2014 14:24]
Season Ticket Prices on 20:46 - May 29 with 2238 viewsLowerloftLad

Im in two minds as me and my girlfriend aphave just moved out its alot of money for the average bear its a hike with less games but will I get into many games if I leave it ???

Also the club did do a package last time around were there was a selected group of games will the club consider this again ????

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Season Ticket Prices on 20:48 - May 29 with 2238 viewsStanisgod

Season Ticket Prices on 16:58 - May 29 by simmo

Anybody attempting to justify the club advocating a 33% increase in prices, and doing so in a way that makes out like they are rewarding us season ticket holders by 'freezing' prices when they're actually not doing that at all, will be unsuccessful.

Some on here, myself included, bought a season ticket at the begining of this season. We did so after relegation, after watching us finish bottom of the league, after watching QPR win just 4 (FOUR) games all fckin season. A gesture like rewarding those fans by allowing them to re-purchase their seats for between 450 and 650 for a season would have been greatly received and appreciated by everyone. It would also be a nominal loss in comparison to the investement received from additional revenue and the amount spent on wages for various waste men in this team.

I would not expect us to be in the premier league and consistently pay the same for Championship tickets, the same way I wouldnt expect prices to stay the same if we were relegated again. But I resent the fact they have priced me out after I lent my support to the club when they really needed it this season and even more so that they tried to spin the announcement with talk of a 'freeze' like I am too much of a fckin idiot to realise what they actually did.

Brilliant post. Copy and paste to the club. How on earth Fernando can think we would be happy with this just shows he's out of touch even now with the ground level troops.
Fifty quid rise I expected BECAUSE of last weeks comments, next time tone keep your gob shut.
Still I did get a nice flag I

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Season Ticket Prices on 21:11 - May 29 with 2195 viewsderbyhoop

It's a sizeable hike but hardly unexpected. The most disappointing bit is that ticket income represents a small part of total turnover for a PL season and Tony claims to be a low cost operator. Prices £100 lower all round wouldn't have cost him a lot.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 21:36 - May 29 with 2147 viewsTrom

Hmmmm

With inflation around 2% per annum since we were last in the prem I guess they could have roughly justifies hike of (1.02 x 1.02) - 1 = 4.04%. That's about £29 on a gold season ticket at £709

So I guess the fact it's not inflated at all is something. However given that wages have mainly been static I don't think the support is likely to be any better off.

So cost to the club assuming approx 12,000 gold season tickets 12,000 x £29 = £348,000. You can then reduce this given some of the 12,000 are bronze and silver.

Given the amount we throw away on wages a drop in the ocean.

Not really TF's fault more the PR department, who must think we are stupid and can't do the maths. Or more realistically are stupid enough not to have worked out the maths themselves and thought it sounded good.
Season Ticket Prices on 21:47 - May 29 with 2122 viewsconnell10

Yep next please tony keep ya mouth shut , that way you dont raise everyone expectations! to be honest im more than a little let down by this price rise!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Season Ticket Prices on 21:52 - May 29 with 2108 viewsLythamR

I just wish they would be honest with us

"look guys we are going to have a crap kit next year but its the price of getting a good deal and its in the best interests of the club long term"

"Look guys we need to put the prices back up, we are sorry but the reasons for it are x, y and z and the benefits for the club and ultimately you will be ..."

instead we get spin, they are delighted to have frozen prices, etc they are ecstatic to present the new nike french onion seller kit

Stop the bullshit please and just tell us the truth, we are big boys and can take it
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:59 - May 29 with 2090 viewsHunterhoop

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:43 - May 29 by daveB

I was just interested in what people expected from st prices so I could understand the position of others. I can guess at what people wanted which would be to pay less or not much more but was just interested to find out, hope thats ok by you. We can't all be as perfect as yourself and understand everything without asking.

Yes it's less games but policing costs go up, wages go up etc they have to pay for it somehow and have to at least show they are trying to stop the losses at the club. it's still cheaper than it was in the prem under Flavio. I think mine works out around 31 quid a ticket for the prem, thats cheaper than the away games will be

For me you have your Championship prices which we paid this year and your prem prices we had the year before and we've gone back to that, if it had gone higher than the 12/13 season I'd have been fuming but as it is I think this is about right.

Jeez...nice and childish again there.

You would have phrased it very differently if you genuinely wanted to understand other people's stance. You were making a passive aggressive, and slightly arrogant, comment that you felt others' views were incomprehensible.

If that wasn't your intention, so be it, I take the above back. That's how it came across.
Season Ticket Prices on 22:00 - May 29 with 2091 viewsconnell10

i hate the fact i cant pay for my ticket out right and have to pay even more for it with the 10 month option!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices on 22:07 - May 29 with 2068 viewsTrom

Season Ticket Prices on 21:52 - May 29 by LythamR

I just wish they would be honest with us

"look guys we are going to have a crap kit next year but its the price of getting a good deal and its in the best interests of the club long term"

"Look guys we need to put the prices back up, we are sorry but the reasons for it are x, y and z and the benefits for the club and ultimately you will be ..."

instead we get spin, they are delighted to have frozen prices, etc they are ecstatic to present the new nike french onion seller kit

Stop the bullshit please and just tell us the truth, we are big boys and can take it

Exactly my thoughts.
Season Ticket Prices on 22:09 - May 29 with 2048 viewsNathanNI

Anyone seen where one applies for the Zebra finance option?
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:12 - May 29 with 2045 viewsdaveB

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:59 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Jeez...nice and childish again there.

You would have phrased it very differently if you genuinely wanted to understand other people's stance. You were making a passive aggressive, and slightly arrogant, comment that you felt others' views were incomprehensible.

If that wasn't your intention, so be it, I take the above back. That's how it came across.

childish? Honestly I can't post on here without you digging at me these days.

i could have phrased it differently but you read far too much into what i am thinking, i was just asking a question no more no less, think i'll take a break from the site for a while as am getting fed up of this
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:20 - May 29 with 2013 viewsHunterhoop

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:12 - May 29 by daveB

childish? Honestly I can't post on here without you digging at me these days.

i could have phrased it differently but you read far too much into what i am thinking, i was just asking a question no more no less, think i'll take a break from the site for a while as am getting fed up of this

If it wasn't intended how it came across, then fine. I'll accept that and say I read too much into it.

I've explained many times why I call you out on certain things. Usually it's because I read your posts as patronising and condescending. It's not exactly like it's a one off.

You don't like what I post sometimes and I don't like what you post sometimes because of that tone.

Do what you want. It's up to you.

Having said that, some of what you post is insightful and interesting so that would a loss.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 22:25]
Season Ticket Prices on 22:30 - May 29 with 1986 viewsloftboy

Season Ticket Prices on 22:09 - May 29 by NathanNI

Anyone seen where one applies for the Zebra finance option?

When you checkout, change it from card to finance, my sons junior ticket defaulted to full price so I ended up ringing the box office who then sorted it all out for me, had to wait a few hours for the confirmation email and unique PIN number to be texted to complete the finance agreement.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:36 - May 29 with 1969 viewsdaveB

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:20 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

If it wasn't intended how it came across, then fine. I'll accept that and say I read too much into it.

I've explained many times why I call you out on certain things. Usually it's because I read your posts as patronising and condescending. It's not exactly like it's a one off.

You don't like what I post sometimes and I don't like what you post sometimes because of that tone.

Do what you want. It's up to you.

Having said that, some of what you post is insightful and interesting so that would a loss.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 22:25]

the tone you are reading is in your head, read it how you like I don't feel i'm being patronising to anyone by asking what people expected with the st prices but if thats how you want to read then thats up to you.
Season Ticket Prices on 22:36 - May 29 with 1966 viewskensalriser

Have to say Hunter, your persistent pursuit of Dave B (who I've always found to be one of the more reasoned and civilised posters over the years) is starting to look a little obsessive.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Season Ticket Prices on 23:01 - May 29 with 1930 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 22:36 - May 29 by kensalriser

Have to say Hunter, your persistent pursuit of Dave B (who I've always found to be one of the more reasoned and civilised posters over the years) is starting to look a little obsessive.

Fair enough.

Not intended to be, so I'll take that on board, Kensal.

It's just I don't find his posts civilised or reasoned on a number of occasions and certainly not when we engage in a debate and hold different views. And I find the way he puts things condescending and patronising at times. I call that out. He doesn't like that when I do, which I suppose you wouldn't. But this is a forum where we discuss things and put our views across. I just wish he'd do so in a less condescending manner, as I perceive it.

But I'm happy to "give it a rest". Hopefully I'll feel he's changed his tone. But if he doesn't, I'll still do my best to let it slide and not post something. I'd hope that's considered fair and reasonable.
Season Ticket Prices on 23:18 - May 29 with 1918 viewsdaveB

Season Ticket Prices on 23:01 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Fair enough.

Not intended to be, so I'll take that on board, Kensal.

It's just I don't find his posts civilised or reasoned on a number of occasions and certainly not when we engage in a debate and hold different views. And I find the way he puts things condescending and patronising at times. I call that out. He doesn't like that when I do, which I suppose you wouldn't. But this is a forum where we discuss things and put our views across. I just wish he'd do so in a less condescending manner, as I perceive it.

But I'm happy to "give it a rest". Hopefully I'll feel he's changed his tone. But if he doesn't, I'll still do my best to let it slide and not post something. I'd hope that's considered fair and reasonable.

as i say the tone is in your head, you want to read my stuff as condescending when that isn't how I'm intending it to come across and other people will read it as a different tone, there is nothing I can do about that
Season Ticket Prices on 08:54 - May 30 with 1807 viewsCharlie1

I completely get where Simmo and others are coming from on this.

However, in the main, over the decades we've always been pretty rubbish. And I don't recall many, if any demanding because of that, ST prices should go up or down.

The premiership, rightly (more so) wrongly is a product these days. It's a business and their is supply and demand. It was always going to go up.

Ultimately, we have a choice. Take the emotion out of it - because personally I feel Rangers could have made a token jesture after what happened last and to a degree this season but personally I think, it's probably about right. We have a small stadium, we need to maximise revenue so as a business, I get it.

And that's the issue at hand - I see both sides of the argument because from a purely business perspective, it's about right if we stay up. From an emotional attachment perspective, they've missed a trick because some fans are priced out.

If I get the nod from HRH, I'll probably renew although may need to downgrade into Silver. Unless a certain someone on here keeps winning on the horses and buys a box

2:59 baby!

Season Ticket Prices on 09:23 - May 30 with 1777 viewssimmo

The realities of being in the Premier League start to emerge and I remember all the reasons I didn't want to go back there. Last Saturday, in isolation, was one of the best days of my life. Now onto expensive tickets (including away games), getting beaten more reguarly, seats occupied by those that like the premier league and not necessarily QPR, and 'success' being defined as finishing 17th in a league of 20.

Let the good times roll.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Season Ticket Prices on 09:36 - May 30 with 1757 viewsingeminate

I look at this in two ways

1) am i comfortable paying this -
2) what impact does it have on the support base

I look at is as working out as £32 a game with the option of selling the ticket on-line if I can't make it - kid on the way and play Saturday league. I am happy to pay £32, feels about right to me for Silver area watching premiership football.

As for second point, whenever any supporter finds themselves priced out of the club they love it is tragic. If I'm honest I don't really understand how these decisions get made- based on what criteria. If the figures mentioned so far are right and by reducing tickets by £100 the club would lose 1 million it is the equivalent of not signing one player on 20k per week.

I'll guess a player on 20k a week - I'd guess Clint Hills on about that, we'd probably need to pay Morrison double to get him permanently and so far as I understand Green's on about 5 times that amount. I've tried not to pick useless players as that's a bit lazy and apart from absolutely everyone nobody knew Maiga (40k?) was going to be rubbish!

The prices are not outrageous -but the club would have lost out relatively little with reductions and gone in to next season with an incredible level of good will had it made more of an effort to cut costs elsewhere.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Season Ticket Prices on 09:39 - May 30 with 1747 viewsjohnhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 08:54 - May 30 by Charlie1

I completely get where Simmo and others are coming from on this.

However, in the main, over the decades we've always been pretty rubbish. And I don't recall many, if any demanding because of that, ST prices should go up or down.

The premiership, rightly (more so) wrongly is a product these days. It's a business and their is supply and demand. It was always going to go up.

Ultimately, we have a choice. Take the emotion out of it - because personally I feel Rangers could have made a token jesture after what happened last and to a degree this season but personally I think, it's probably about right. We have a small stadium, we need to maximise revenue so as a business, I get it.

And that's the issue at hand - I see both sides of the argument because from a purely business perspective, it's about right if we stay up. From an emotional attachment perspective, they've missed a trick because some fans are priced out.

If I get the nod from HRH, I'll probably renew although may need to downgrade into Silver. Unless a certain someone on here keeps winning on the horses and buys a box

I take your point about the business aspect of it Charlie but in global terms of the club's finances is putting the prices back up to what they were last time we were in the Premier League really going to make any significant dent in a deficit of 177 million?
If they had knocked say 50 quid off 10,000 season tickets it would only have cost them around half a million but it would have done a hell of a lot to make the fans feel that the club still cared about them.
I'm in the fortunate position where as an over 60 I get a concession ticket and so the rise isn't a problem for me but I think it's bad when genuine fans like Simmo and others are priced out and replaced by tourists who just want to see a Premier League match.
Season Ticket Prices on 09:53 - May 30 with 1717 viewsCharlie1

Season Ticket Prices on 09:23 - May 30 by simmo

The realities of being in the Premier League start to emerge and I remember all the reasons I didn't want to go back there. Last Saturday, in isolation, was one of the best days of my life. Now onto expensive tickets (including away games), getting beaten more reguarly, seats occupied by those that like the premier league and not necessarily QPR, and 'success' being defined as finishing 17th in a league of 20.

Let the good times roll.

Playing devils advocate for a moment, was the championship much better?

I don't recall many good games in the first half of the season.

Other than being 'cheaper' although more games probably / possibly equates to more expenditure anyhow.

Season Ticket Prices on 09:56 - May 30 with 1710 viewsgigiisourgod

Season Ticket Prices on 20:48 - May 29 by Stanisgod

Brilliant post. Copy and paste to the club. How on earth Fernando can think we would be happy with this just shows he's out of touch even now with the ground level troops.
Fifty quid rise I expected BECAUSE of last weeks comments, next time tone keep your gob shut.
Still I did get a nice flag I

Fantastic post. Nothing intrinsically wrong with the prices themselves just the PR bolloxs surrounding them. It assumes us fans are oblivious to the truth. Spin, spin, spin fat tony! If he just released the prices, said he thought they were fair and required for a substantial model he would probably have had half the amount of complaints.
Season Ticket Prices on 09:56 - May 30 with 1707 viewsCharlie1

Season Ticket Prices on 09:39 - May 30 by johnhoop

I take your point about the business aspect of it Charlie but in global terms of the club's finances is putting the prices back up to what they were last time we were in the Premier League really going to make any significant dent in a deficit of 177 million?
If they had knocked say 50 quid off 10,000 season tickets it would only have cost them around half a million but it would have done a hell of a lot to make the fans feel that the club still cared about them.
I'm in the fortunate position where as an over 60 I get a concession ticket and so the rise isn't a problem for me but I think it's bad when genuine fans like Simmo and others are priced out and replaced by tourists who just want to see a Premier League match.

To reply John - nope, not a dent in it. Which are the valid points Simmo and Hunter are making. I actually get both sides of the argument here - hence my point about the emotion and business aspect of it. And I'm in the emotional camp because that's what football once was and should be.

I agree - but I also get, don't completely agree with, why they haven't. Putting a business hat on, I'd have done the same. Sorry to say that - I'm in business and I'd do it.
I'm in the fortunate position where as an over 60 I get a concession ticket and so the rise isn't a problem for me but I think it's bad when genuine fans like Simmo and others are priced out and replaced by tourists who just want to see a Premier League ma

Season Ticket Prices on 10:15 - May 30 with 1678 viewsfrancisbowles

'Not repeating the mistakes of the past - we will get some things wrong' Well TF I would say from a good will point of view £190 increase, charging me £35? for membership and then dressing it up as a 'price freeze' is your first error of the PL era.

The points raised by others on here re the facilities and what is being charged by the other 'smaller' London clubs, not to mention the bloody pillars have not been taken into consideration.

I will probably renew, as always, but it does make me trust you less, remember the track record so far and worry about the future with pricing in the new stadium etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024