Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices 14:22 - May 29 with 22645 viewstherealmorris

Details for 2014/15 season tickets are up

http://www.myqpr.co.uk/prices

[Post edited 29 May 2014 14:24]
Season Ticket Prices on 15:32 - May 29 with 2992 viewsthehat

Thought we got a good deal last year - Personally this is what I expected to pay to watch top flight football.
Season Ticket Prices on 15:36 - May 29 with 2961 views08olesen

I genuinely believe that if we had a 35,000 seater stadium the prices would be a lot lower. TF realises having lots more people on cheaper tickets is far better than an empty stadium with only a few people with expensive tickets.
Its just a problem we have with being a LR, but losing a £100 off a season ticket would not be the end of the world for the club and would be a lot of help to us lot. Shame, but it could have been worse.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Season Ticket Prices on 15:38 - May 29 with 2949 viewsHAYESBOY

Silver under 16's up just shy of 50%.

Have to say i expected a little better.

Mines up £150 which isnt far off what i expected.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Season Ticket Prices on 15:38 - May 29 with 2947 viewsDevonWhite

As a comparison, Palace early bird season tickets were £420-500.
Season Ticket Prices on 15:42 - May 29 with 2916 viewsStanisgod

Season Ticket Prices on 14:26 - May 29 by simmo

EDIT: So I misread it initially, they are not frozen for this season, but from the 2012 season, the season we got bum raped all year long. They should have offered the same price for renewal for this season just gone, reward the supporters that stuck with the club after an awful season in the premiership and post relegation.

I won't be renewing mine at that price. Disappointing.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 14:42]

+1

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Season Ticket Prices on 15:45 - May 29 with 2901 viewspaulparker

Season Ticket Prices on 15:36 - May 29 by 08olesen

I genuinely believe that if we had a 35,000 seater stadium the prices would be a lot lower. TF realises having lots more people on cheaper tickets is far better than an empty stadium with only a few people with expensive tickets.
Its just a problem we have with being a LR, but losing a £100 off a season ticket would not be the end of the world for the club and would be a lot of help to us lot. Shame, but it could have been worse.

Don't kid yourselves about prices being cheaper once the new stadium is built
ask Arsenal fans on that one
if we are an established Prem team by then our support would have gone up by another 5-6 k, the club and TF will charge top dollar, its not going to be cheap
we will be a London club in the new canary wharf there is no way he will charge £20 a ticket

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Season Ticket Prices on 15:49 - May 29 with 2874 viewsStanisgod

Season Ticket Prices on 15:29 - May 29 by DevonWhite

This. It's a 33% hike in R block, for four fewer games. How the fck did TF this sort of pricing would be well received by fans (as he said on the podcast the other night)?

Might be a nice bloke, but STILL no clue as to fans thinking. Business man first and foremost, always will be.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Season Ticket Prices on 15:50 - May 29 with 2872 views1MoreBrightonR

What i expected too to be honest....It's premier league football and while it would have been nice for the prices to have stayed the same, it wasn't going to happen and as long as they havent increased them, I accept it.

Looking forward to renewing.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices on 15:52 - May 29 with 2845 viewsrbsranger

Season Ticket Prices on 15:45 - May 29 by paulparker

Don't kid yourselves about prices being cheaper once the new stadium is built
ask Arsenal fans on that one
if we are an established Prem team by then our support would have gone up by another 5-6 k, the club and TF will charge top dollar, its not going to be cheap
we will be a London club in the new canary wharf there is no way he will charge £20 a ticket

Except for the fact that TF made the specific point on the podcast the other day that he comes from the low-cost airline business and maybe I am wrong but I thought the inference from that was, let's charge as little as possible to get bums on seats, we will make our money from volume and incidentals. Double the amount of punters in a more comfortable stadium with many more concession stands means that they can make ridiculous margins on food/ drink etc.
I guess time will tell....
Season Ticket Prices on 15:54 - May 29 with 2833 viewsA40Bosh

I am more disappointed with the way the message was delivered than the message itself.

The stupid part of me fantasized that existing Season Ticket holders from 2013/2014 would have been rewarded with an early bird freeze at last years prices, whilst the logical part of my brain told me they would go up because the product is deemed by the manufacturers to have improved.

So to come up with that garbage about freezing a price that was from two seasons ago was very insulting. The marketing and finance guys would probably come up with some bull about expecting year on year increases if we had stayed up and retail price index and all that old cobbleros, but at the end of the day, don't insult us.

However, marketing concentrates on the sell not the apology.

Mine has gone up to £709. Will I pay it, probably - if the Mrs is successful in her job interview next week and goes full time in September it will certainly make it easier to justify whacking £709 on a credit card before the window closes at the end of June!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Season Ticket Prices on 15:55 - May 29 with 2822 viewspaulparker

Season Ticket Prices on 15:52 - May 29 by rbsranger

Except for the fact that TF made the specific point on the podcast the other day that he comes from the low-cost airline business and maybe I am wrong but I thought the inference from that was, let's charge as little as possible to get bums on seats, we will make our money from volume and incidentals. Double the amount of punters in a more comfortable stadium with many more concession stands means that they can make ridiculous margins on food/ drink etc.
I guess time will tell....

I didn't catch him saying that TBH
if that's the case fair enough, but I cannot see the club charging us say £20.00 a seat
in a brand spanking new stadium in the new "canary wharf"
I hope im wrong

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Season Ticket Prices on 15:57 - May 29 with 2804 viewsWatford_Ranger

They can fck off. Will do a few home games but mostly aways for me if they're going to take the piss.

I know the club is in debt but nothing justifies £45 for crap seats and facilities.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:04 - May 29 with 2745 viewsbigbaddean

I expected the rise in prices.

My only gripe would be that you need to renew by the 28th June - most people get paid the last working day of the month on the 30th, meaning only 1 payday tomorrow to get together the money.

I did have some put aside for it, but spent most of that on the playoff run............
Season Ticket Prices on 16:08 - May 29 with 2709 viewsRangersw12

Season Ticket Prices on 15:57 - May 29 by Watford_Ranger

They can fck off. Will do a few home games but mostly aways for me if they're going to take the piss.

I know the club is in debt but nothing justifies £45 for crap seats and facilities.

This
Season Ticket Prices on 16:11 - May 29 with 2677 viewsDevonWhite

Annoying that they've STILL got the stupid fcking "Super Hoops Upgrade" as well. Charging season ticket holders an extra £35 for membership is disgraceful.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:11 - May 29 with 2540 viewspaulparker

its ridiculous really how is the average guy going to be able to afford £45 a pop especially if you want to take kids etc
like I said earlier this is the problem with joining the Prem & being a London club
we get stiffed, its all money to TF (no wonder he was jigging around Wembley non stop)
still a good week to bury bad news , c r ap kit & crap season ticket and walk up prices

Season Ticket Prices on 16:11 - May 29 with 2537 viewsdanehoop

Scratching my head on this one.

we want to sign new players. Pay off swp and avoid FFP sanctions, develop warren farm and further invest in the youth team. That can really only come with increased income. So with limited options available how does the club do that. Increased sponsorship through the nike kit deal and increased season ticket prices. The latter is something they would have been reluctant about, but will have to have done to try and balance aspirations against income.

i think they could have been better in their messaging as from a marketing sense this is daft. If they were honest in why they have increased prices, rather than trying to spin it, they would have got a better (but not good) response.

Never knowingly understood

Season Ticket Prices on 16:13 - May 29 with 2518 viewsQPR_John

So we want to support a debt free Premier League side without the owners putting the club in danger by pumping money into it and also want season tickets to be cheaper than 2 years ago.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:17 - May 29 with 2479 viewsEalingHoop81

Quite surprised by the responses on this thread.

A) When Tony took over he reduced the prices. There were complaints then because it was only in the form of a gift voucher at the club shop (£50 I think)

B) he honoured that reduction by takin the £50 off the season tickets the following year.

C) We get relegated and they reduce the price of the tickets.

D) we get promoted and oh they increase the price of the tickets.

What on earth is the surprise!? That debt that Tony and co are owed isn't going to be reduced by letting everyone in for free.

We will sell out our season ticket allocation and be full every week. He could charge another £100 a ticket and still they will come. He hasn't, what he has done is put his money where is mouth is and try to do absolutely everything we could possibly ask any Chairman of this club to has done..... as still we're not happy.

Jus out of interest, no one seemed to complain about the price of getting to the two play off games. Combined spend of £80 to £90? When we play Chelsea at Loftus Road there will be thousands of people asking for tickets and complaining that they can't get them etc.

Oh and you can sell the games easily on Viagogo which probably reduces the cost if you sell the right games.

Wonder what we can complain about tomorrow, perhaps that we haven't signed Messi or Ronaldo.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:19 - May 29 with 2463 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket Prices on 16:17 - May 29 by EalingHoop81

Quite surprised by the responses on this thread.

A) When Tony took over he reduced the prices. There were complaints then because it was only in the form of a gift voucher at the club shop (£50 I think)

B) he honoured that reduction by takin the £50 off the season tickets the following year.

C) We get relegated and they reduce the price of the tickets.

D) we get promoted and oh they increase the price of the tickets.

What on earth is the surprise!? That debt that Tony and co are owed isn't going to be reduced by letting everyone in for free.

We will sell out our season ticket allocation and be full every week. He could charge another £100 a ticket and still they will come. He hasn't, what he has done is put his money where is mouth is and try to do absolutely everything we could possibly ask any Chairman of this club to has done..... as still we're not happy.

Jus out of interest, no one seemed to complain about the price of getting to the two play off games. Combined spend of £80 to £90? When we play Chelsea at Loftus Road there will be thousands of people asking for tickets and complaining that they can't get them etc.

Oh and you can sell the games easily on Viagogo which probably reduces the cost if you sell the right games.

Wonder what we can complain about tomorrow, perhaps that we haven't signed Messi or Ronaldo.

Good post
Season Ticket Prices on 16:21 - May 29 with 2447 viewsdaveB

Well they knocked the prices down when we got relegated and now back to what they were before as we are promoted, seems pretty fair really at least they didn't go above the old prices.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:22 - May 29 with 2425 viewspaulparker

Season Ticket Prices on 16:13 - May 29 by QPR_John

So we want to support a debt free Premier League side without the owners putting the club in danger by pumping money into it and also want season tickets to be cheaper than 2 years ago.

no one has asked the club to pump millions into us buying players, I think we all agree on this MB for once that shrewd signings are in order for minimum amounts
good luck if you can afford it John, for a lot of long suffering fans who can't they will put themselves in debt or whatever to get their fix , the club know this
also why should the average fan be stiffed cos the board went splashing the cash like loons on bad managers ,players and agents,

Season Ticket Prices on 16:25 - May 29 with 2394 viewsA40Bosh

Season Ticket Prices on 16:13 - May 29 by QPR_John

It's a fair point John.

There will be posters on here that say that they will be happy to stay in the Championship or League One, paying £20-£25 per game, staying in Loftus Road and being a proper old football club. That is fine, but football ownership has gone beyond that concept now and the club is now in the wrong hands to try and return to that concept.

This is where the #WeRTogether cosy club social media strategy is swiftly replaced by the #Returnoninvestment #Howmuchcanwegetawaywith ugly business side as the bean counters bring everyone back to earth.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Season Ticket Prices on 16:28 - May 29 with 2371 viewsElHoop

I shared a couple of season tickets in the season we went down but didn't renew. My son is now 16 so that's a hefty all round increase but we'll probably do it and share again because tickets will be hard to get next season - Fulham are out of town now remember.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:29 - May 29 with 2356 viewsNW5Hoop

Season Ticket Prices on 14:51 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

Not so bad if you buy a package with an U16 as it comes down to £125.
And most of us will be saving £45 by not buying the shirts this year.

Only if you want to sit in the family stand, and I want to stay where I am. Genuinely disappointed at this pricing: last PL season was far from a bargain. And a 75% increase on U16 seats is a disgrace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024