Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium 11:20 - Jul 29 with 6119 viewsqueensparker

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/qpr/cargiant_deliver_another_blow_to_qpr_stadium_p

Would be nice to have some clarity on this from the council. What exactly are the plans for Old Oak? Who is in charge? It sounds from this like various parties are just cracking on with their own agendas
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 11:30 - Jul 29 with 3694 viewsTonto

there is a masterplan for the Old Oak area.

http://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Old_Oak_Part_1_0.pdf

Its actually led by the GLA, but in conjunction with the 3 London Boroughs. The plan shows an "option" for a sports stadium. It doiesnt name us but there is a heavily implication that it is us. however, at the moment it is a plan and nothing more.

All developments on the site must apply for planning permission. this will include whatever Car Giant are planning. the Planning Authority (which i assume if LB H&F) would adjudicate on that in the normal way, through their plannign committee. one of the potential reasons for rejecting any application is that it isnt in line with the aforementioned Masterplan.

Two further things to note:

1 - very few masterplans ever get built exactly as shown, so just because something is/is not on the plan doesnt mean it will/will not get built.

2 - Car Giant may be positioning themselves to drive up the cost of the land or The Borough could put in a compuslory purchase order on Car Giant. Eoither way CG could just be trying to increase what they get. Alternatively they could be telling the truth.

whatever happens this won't be a quick provess. I think 2018 is optimistic, especially if CG wont go quietly as there are appeals and public inquiries that could string this out... (as we saw in the case of Warren Farm)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 11:35 - Jul 29 with 3673 viewsqueensparker

Thanks Tonto that's very helpful.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 3662 viewsDaBurgh

The stadium may not be full but at least the car park will be.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 11:47 - Jul 29 with 3618 viewsdaveB

I'm probably being thick but why does this block the stadium, we weren't going to build where car giant is anyway
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 12:15 - Jul 29 with 3495 viewsgobbles

Car Giant are trying to drive the price up. Football stadium or not, the redevelopment of that area will not include a car lot set over several dozen acres
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 12:46 - Jul 29 with 3361 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 12:15 - Jul 29 by gobbles

Car Giant are trying to drive the price up. Football stadium or not, the redevelopment of that area will not include a car lot set over several dozen acres

I agree.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 12:46 - Jul 29 with 3359 viewsqprnw10

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 11:47 - Jul 29 by daveB

I'm probably being thick but why does this block the stadium, we weren't going to build where car giant is anyway

The stadium will be slap bang on Enterprise way/Salter Street which is still part of Car Giant.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 12:57 - Jul 29 with 3319 viewsdaveB

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 12:46 - Jul 29 by qprnw10

The stadium will be slap bang on Enterprise way/Salter Street which is still part of Car Giant.

Thanks, I was being thick then, for some reason I thought the stadium was somewhere else.
Login to get fewer ads

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:04 - Jul 29 with 3274 viewsbob566

i live in dublin and don't know the area but why would anybody be objecting to this development. It would really update what looks like a really rundown area and provide much needed jobs. Surely a no-brainer.

This is like warren farm all over again. Do people not want nice facilites on their doorstep or would they rather look at a cesspit.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:05 - Jul 29 with 3270 viewsSpiritofGregory

TF needs to get around the negotiating table instead of feeding us endless spin. Car giant is a massive site and will affect stadium plans. TF is wrong to act all bullish when it's the other guy who owns the site.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:14 - Jul 29 with 3218 viewsWeaverQPR

The problem is the air asia runway he wants build so malaysians can fly in on matchday specials and the statue of Ji Sung Park

@WeavQPR

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:17 - Jul 29 with 3203 viewsRangersw12

I can't believe people still think we will have a new stadium

TF is all talk no action
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:19 - Jul 29 with 3186 viewsSpiritofGregory

The guy from car giant is in a better position and could start a bidding war - might even temp Chelsea as they need a stadium or someone else buys it and Chelsea grab the Kensal Rise gas works site nearby. That would see us pushed out of urban West London to a shithole like Feltham as Loftus Rd is not a long term solution.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 13:20]
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:19 - Jul 29 with 3187 viewsWeaverQPR

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:17 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

I can't believe people still think we will have a new stadium

TF is all talk no action

Agreed TF will be long gone by the time we move out.

@WeavQPR

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:21 - Jul 29 with 3171 viewsenfieldargh

The Car Giant showrooms/sheds are an absolute dump. If they are builidng a new prestigious development do they really want ramshackle 1950's buildings on one of the main arteries into the site?

Agree with Tonto; Think CG are hiking up their CP value.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:26 - Jul 29 with 3153 viewsessextaxiboy

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:21 - Jul 29 by enfieldargh

The Car Giant showrooms/sheds are an absolute dump. If they are builidng a new prestigious development do they really want ramshackle 1950's buildings on one of the main arteries into the site?

Exactly , It would cost them millions to develop that bunch of cowsheds.

Just brinksmanship and posturing IMO .

Think we put upset them when Flav cancelled the sponsorship deal and refunded their money .

It was a great deal for them for a while as we were ......"The Richest Team In The World "
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:29 - Jul 29 with 3139 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:21 - Jul 29 by enfieldargh

So why doesn't TF start negotiating?

I don't blame the owner of CG for trying to drive up the price - we'd all do the same. I'm sure that he'd be willing to talk, he's a QPR season ticket holder.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 3123 viewsgobbles

I'm sure they are negotiating. But Car Giant know that by going to the press, the can put the frighteners up QPR fans who will then put pressure on TF to do a deal on Car Giant's terms with the sort of panic that usually accompanies all stories like this.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 3115 viewsTonto

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:04 - Jul 29 by bob566

i live in dublin and don't know the area but why would anybody be objecting to this development. It would really update what looks like a really rundown area and provide much needed jobs. Surely a no-brainer.

This is like warren farm all over again. Do people not want nice facilites on their doorstep or would they rather look at a cesspit.

Bob

Car Giant are probably the only going concern with any value on there. yes their facilities are, lets say, down market, but where are they going to get anywhere else close by with the same square metreage? There is an argument that the stadium would put them out of business. hence the (IMO) bullish talk to the local paper.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:40 - Jul 29 with 3088 viewsessextaxiboy

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:29 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

So why doesn't TF start negotiating?

I don't blame the owner of CG for trying to drive up the price - we'd all do the same. I'm sure that he'd be willing to talk, he's a QPR season ticket holder.

Anything positive to say or shall we all bring a bucket for the Hull Game ?
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:43 - Jul 29 with 3070 viewskensalriser

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:19 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

The guy from car giant is in a better position and could start a bidding war - might even temp Chelsea as they need a stadium or someone else buys it and Chelsea grab the Kensal Rise gas works site nearby. That would see us pushed out of urban West London to a shithole like Feltham as Loftus Rd is not a long term solution.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 13:20]

No chance of Chelsea or anyone else building a stadium on the gas works, access is too limited. And it's Green, not Rise.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:47 - Jul 29 with 3055 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:40 - Jul 29 by essextaxiboy

Anything positive to say or shall we all bring a bucket for the Hull Game ?

Be serious!

TF has gone on record saying that we'll be moving in to a new stadium in 2018 yet he hasn't even sat down with Tony Mendes to thrash out a deal. You can't act bullish when you don't own the site.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:51 - Jul 29 with 3033 viewsSpiritofGregory

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:43 - Jul 29 by kensalriser

No chance of Chelsea or anyone else building a stadium on the gas works, access is too limited. And it's Green, not Rise.

I'm sure that they can do something about the access.

It's a fact that they are sizing up that site. If we move onto the Cargiant site then that would put an end to Chelsea's interest as Kensal Green will be too close.
Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:59 - Jul 29 with 2998 viewskensalriser

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:51 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

I'm sure that they can do something about the access.

It's a fact that they are sizing up that site. If we move onto the Cargiant site then that would put an end to Chelsea's interest as Kensal Green will be too close.

What, by draining the canal and putting a road through the cemetery? How about an extension to the elevated section of the Westway?

Not to mention the wrinkle presented by the designated 6 acre nature conservation site.

Not a chance - read this: http://www.ellacott.org.uk/NKEF/gwbrchr.pdf

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 14:01 - Jul 29 with 2991 viewstoboboly

Car Giant still say there'll be no new stadium on 13:05 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

TF needs to get around the negotiating table instead of feeding us endless spin. Car giant is a massive site and will affect stadium plans. TF is wrong to act all bullish when it's the other guy who owns the site.

They were pretty $hitty in the whole @QPR twitter thing. Why would they change over something else that someone owns?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024