Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe again 07:22 - Aug 10 with 3099 viewsQueener_83

The man was out in Windsor last night. Probably meaningless
Defoe again on 08:12 - Aug 10 with 3016 viewsDaBurgh

Defoe again on 09:31 - Aug 10 with 2864 viewsFDC

The closer it gets to deadline day without Harry having signed a striker the more likely it gets that we'll sign Defoe and / or Crouch.
Defoe again on 11:12 - Aug 10 with 2713 viewsessextaxiboy

I wouldnt mind him on loan , he is still banging goals in .
Defoe again on 11:42 - Aug 10 with 2610 viewsrsonist

On massive money there. Would be happy with the loan come January if we need him (it's probably inevitable) but not a permanent now.
Defoe again on 11:53 - Aug 10 with 2572 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Don't get too excited!

He won't be playing for Toronto for the next few weeks because of a groin injury. So, he's in town & made a half time appearance on the pitch at White Hart Lane, during 'Spurs friendly with Schalke, yesterday.
Defoe again on 12:03 - Aug 10 with 2540 viewsSomersetHoops

Here we go again scratching around in desperation at the dregs of what is left, probably paying over the odds because of limited options. Have our management learnt the lessons of the past 3 seasons? - It is beginning to look as if those words of contrition are a bit empty.

All the talk now is of big money and wages for the same kind of past it old warriors who on loan or signed will add nothing in asset value terms to the playing staff. I hope its not true, but in my view its about time we looked at improving young fresh talent that we can increase in value, even if it means taking a risk. As far as I can see that risk is less than paying much more to past-it players based on their former glories who no longer have the hunger, need or knee joints to give their all for the cause.

In addition to that now after pre-season and days before we play our first game we decide we need a top class coach, which seems to me another failure of forward planning. When will these lessons be properly learned and we have people who have enough knowledge and can concentrate enough time to manage our club properly?

Who's Next?

Defoe again on 12:05 - Aug 10 with 2537 viewsJamie

Defoe again on 11:42 - Aug 10 by rsonist

On massive money there. Would be happy with the loan come January if we need him (it's probably inevitable) but not a permanent now.

He's only on £70k per week. Wouldn't even be our highest earning striker. Nailed on in January.
Defoe again on 12:10 - Aug 10 with 2517 viewsFDC

Defoe again on 12:03 - Aug 10 by SomersetHoops

Here we go again scratching around in desperation at the dregs of what is left, probably paying over the odds because of limited options. Have our management learnt the lessons of the past 3 seasons? - It is beginning to look as if those words of contrition are a bit empty.

All the talk now is of big money and wages for the same kind of past it old warriors who on loan or signed will add nothing in asset value terms to the playing staff. I hope its not true, but in my view its about time we looked at improving young fresh talent that we can increase in value, even if it means taking a risk. As far as I can see that risk is less than paying much more to past-it players based on their former glories who no longer have the hunger, need or knee joints to give their all for the cause.

In addition to that now after pre-season and days before we play our first game we decide we need a top class coach, which seems to me another failure of forward planning. When will these lessons be properly learned and we have people who have enough knowledge and can concentrate enough time to manage our club properly?

Yeah, similarly, I just saw Salvatore Schillaci in Superdrug - FFS, have the board learnt nothing!?!?!?!11?!?!!/11?!
Login to get fewer ads

Defoe again on 13:20 - Aug 10 with 2386 viewskensalriser

Get a grip ffs, your relentless grinding, long-winded negativity is really doing my head in. This isn't even a story, it's a joke!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Defoe again on 13:54 - Aug 10 with 2313 viewsWeaverQPR

I can't see Windosr & Eton FC being able to afford him

@WeavQPR

Defoe again on 14:05 - Aug 10 with 2287 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That is a particularly negative take.
'All the talk now' relates to message boards only as far as I can make out.
Defoe again on 14:11 - Aug 10 with 2271 viewsMaggsinho

How do the signings of Mutch, Caulker and Isla fit into this narrative, plus the allegedly imminent arrival of De Guzman?
Defoe again on 16:30 - Aug 10 with 2075 viewsSomersetHoops

Defoe again on 14:11 - Aug 10 by Maggsinho

How do the signings of Mutch, Caulker and Isla fit into this narrative, plus the allegedly imminent arrival of De Guzman?

OK yes my earlier post is negative and I do recognise the good signings we've made. The point I was making is that we still haven't got a full team fit for the premiership, days before it starts and we are looking to add a top coach after pre-season is finished. Our opponents have these issues sorted and we don't. Although some are looking to add to their team to fine tune them we still are around 3 players short of a the minimum team we need to start to compete. If everyone else thinks that is good management I may be a lone voice that doesn't agree and if we slaughter every team we play from the start I'll admit I am wrong.

Who's Next?

Defoe again on 19:07 - Aug 10 with 1895 viewskensalriser

"I don't want to be negative before the new season starts, there will be plenty of time for that later if necessary".

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Defoe again on 21:31 - Aug 10 with 1751 viewsSomersetHoops

Defoe again on 19:07 - Aug 10 by kensalriser

"I don't want to be negative before the new season starts, there will be plenty of time for that later if necessary".

Good point - guilty as charged, but I'm not the only one.. When I added that strapline TF had said we were going to do things differently and I believed him and expected all the issues of players and coaches to be properly sorted well in advance the last few days before our first game. I also remember that first game at LR in our last season in the Prem. when I went to the game full of positivity and hope based on our supposed super transfer deals only for us to be taken apart.

Perhaps my lack of positivity this time will result in surprisingly good results.

Who's Next?

Defoe again on 04:54 - Aug 11 with 1597 viewsDylanP

Defoe again on 16:30 - Aug 10 by SomersetHoops

OK yes my earlier post is negative and I do recognise the good signings we've made. The point I was making is that we still haven't got a full team fit for the premiership, days before it starts and we are looking to add a top coach after pre-season is finished. Our opponents have these issues sorted and we don't. Although some are looking to add to their team to fine tune them we still are around 3 players short of a the minimum team we need to start to compete. If everyone else thinks that is good management I may be a lone voice that doesn't agree and if we slaughter every team we play from the start I'll admit I am wrong.

It was an unnecessary post compounded by another unecessarily negative post. It doesn't matter who we bring in we are still going to struggle from week one. We are looking tho survive this season. So, even if we sign Messi, we are still not going to "slaughter every team we play from the start". That just isn't the standard to be judged against. If we can start the season out with a win, loss, and draw, that would be a hopeful start.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024