Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18 minutes tomorrow 10:15 - Aug 29 with 2079 viewsQPR_Nippon

A minute's applause for Ale? Seems to be the done thing these days, and 18 is his squad number. Sorry if posted elsewhere. Haven't seen it if it has.
18 minutes tomorrow on 10:21 - Aug 29 with 2049 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great idea.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:24 - Aug 29 with 2039 viewssimmo

Whilst I think it would be great for us to show some kind of gesture for Ale and have him know we are all thinking of him, etc. These minutes applause are being done every game by every club for all sorts of nonsense and it's starting to lose it's significance because of it... I am not saying it's a bad idea, I just think it would be better to do something different. Maybe just have the whole ground sing his name on 18mins or something.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:29 - Aug 29 with 2014 viewsLoft1979

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:24 - Aug 29 by simmo

Whilst I think it would be great for us to show some kind of gesture for Ale and have him know we are all thinking of him, etc. These minutes applause are being done every game by every club for all sorts of nonsense and it's starting to lose it's significance because of it... I am not saying it's a bad idea, I just think it would be better to do something different. Maybe just have the whole ground sing his name on 18mins or something.

How about the mascot wear the number 18 shirt..
18 minutes tomorrow on 10:31 - Aug 29 with 2008 viewsspencer

How about we just all stand up and clap him before game starts.
Need to focus and concentrate fully on game and have no distractions. Applause before the game may give players a boost to do well.During game...not so sure.
18 minutes tomorrow on 10:33 - Aug 29 with 1994 viewssimmo

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:31 - Aug 29 by spencer

How about we just all stand up and clap him before game starts.
Need to focus and concentrate fully on game and have no distractions. Applause before the game may give players a boost to do well.During game...not so sure.

I haven't got a problem with something being done during the game, I just think this obsession everyone seems to have with appluding for a minute at a certain time of the game is wearing a little thin. 17,000 raucous fans belting out his name will probably have a better effect anyway!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:41 - Aug 29 with 1967 viewsQPR_Nippon

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:33 - Aug 29 by simmo

I haven't got a problem with something being done during the game, I just think this obsession everyone seems to have with appluding for a minute at a certain time of the game is wearing a little thin. 17,000 raucous fans belting out his name will probably have a better effect anyway!

Take your point simmo about wanting to do something original/less cliched. Just think it should be whatever has the most impact and gets as many people participating as possible.
18 minutes tomorrow on 10:43 - Aug 29 with 1953 viewsspencer

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:33 - Aug 29 by simmo

Well.. after I have asked Harry to wave at me...taken the pis. out of Adam Johnson( I assume corner kicker)...pretty sure someone from R block will belt out his name and I will join in..
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 10:43]
18 minutes tomorrow on 10:47 - Aug 29 with 1938 viewsPommyhoop

Sporadic bursts of Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Faurlin to the tune of Niko / Charlie would be cool.
Do a massively long one at 18 mins if you want...
I'll be keeping an ear out.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

18 minutes tomorrow on 11:13 - Aug 29 with 1873 viewsbosh67

There's only one Ale Faurlin, 18 minutes in. Whole crowd. no problem.

Hopefully if we score A goal then as Joey did last season, we raise his shirt in support.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

18 minutes tomorrow on 11:16 - Aug 29 with 1861 viewsPommyhoop

18 minutes tomorrow on 10:47 - Aug 29 by Pommyhoop

Sporadic bursts of Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Faurlin to the tune of Niko / Charlie would be cool.
Do a massively long one at 18 mins if you want...
I'll be keeping an ear out.

Aha .No reply's .You are all seriously thinking about my suggestion are'nt you.
But you know it makes sence but you waiver in giving the Colonial any recognition.I understand.
I might skype my folks back home so we can watch you all sing my Ale tribute together as one..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024