Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the road 00:45 - Jan 2 with 2828 viewsTrom

Well survival is now about picking up results on the road.
4-4-2 the way to go?

Problem with other formations is that we lack pace to break out. I think we've seen at home we have the physicality to compete with most teams.

We've also seen a lack of pace going forward. Our midfield can't support a single front man. We need the knock downs and support to create.

So the question is should we play our home formation away from home and try to bully teams? We have to offer more up front away from Loftus road. There is no doubt that in the prem' teams don't like a tough team that closes down fast. They all want time on the ball. I like that we have physicality and a few tricky players like Vargas - but we need a formation to compete.

In my opinion we've nothing to loose. Lets try and take the physical pressing game on the road.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 0:49]
On the road on 05:55 - Jan 2 with 2766 viewsozexile

Well you're right we have nothing to lose. Other teams down the bottom are having a go away from home and getting points. We don't wanna die wondering.
On the road on 11:45 - Jan 2 with 2656 viewskropotkin41

This "we lack pace" argument is a bit weak I think.

For a start, yesterday there were numerous occasions when we broke at speed and that was with Hill taking Yun's role!!

Also, Vargas is fast, Isla and Vargas together give us pace. And when Yun comes back - when is he back?

I don't think it's been lack of pace that's hampered us away, I think it's been a complete lack of thinking and planning, or some fault in the communication of ideas to the players; or chopping and changing the squad and the "system". Unless Harry - by chance - hits on something that works, I don't see much hope of improvement.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

On the road on 12:09 - Jan 2 with 2629 viewsSpiritofGregory

On the road on 11:45 - Jan 2 by kropotkin41

This "we lack pace" argument is a bit weak I think.

For a start, yesterday there were numerous occasions when we broke at speed and that was with Hill taking Yun's role!!

Also, Vargas is fast, Isla and Vargas together give us pace. And when Yun comes back - when is he back?

I don't think it's been lack of pace that's hampered us away, I think it's been a complete lack of thinking and planning, or some fault in the communication of ideas to the players; or chopping and changing the squad and the "system". Unless Harry - by chance - hits on something that works, I don't see much hope of improvement.

I agree. I think the board are too lenient on Harry. It's as if there has been a lack of thought and planning going into this season.

No proper wingers, lack if fitness, signing crocks, letting Adel rot, not replacing Remy...
On the road on 14:50 - Jan 2 with 2563 viewsthemodfather

we will need points against our "rivals" for the drop
BURNLEY, WBA,HULL,SUNDERLAND,PALACE,VILLA AND LEICESTER WILL BE HUGE
to get wins, we need to attack and have a organised team ready to break
i have lost hope in hoilet, phillips, swp and adel
hill (love him) cannot get up and down, he's trying but it#s not happening
traore is a lost cause

swansea went 3 upfront could we?
On the road on 17:46 - Jan 2 with 2448 viewsderbyhoop

If we cannot get at least 8-10 points from 19 away games, we don't deserve to stay up.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 17:47]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

On the road on 17:47 - Jan 2 with 2432 viewskropotkin41

On the road on 17:46 - Jan 2 by derbyhoop

If we cannot get at least 8-10 points from 19 away games, we don't deserve to stay up.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 17:47]

I think we might get them if we use cannons.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

On the road on 19:27 - Jan 2 with 2388 viewsSomersetHoops

Its clear we need to start every game home or away set up to win now. Draws are no good we need wins. The pathetic attitude we've had going into away games where they are lost before we've even started or we shut-up shop hoping for a lucky draw must stop now. If Harry hasn't got the players for that its his fault - he's had plenty of time to get them. If he hasn't got money for new players perhaps he should task his coaches to do their job and work with what we have, rather than let them get worse. In many cases players are getting worse by the game - that also has got to stop.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024