Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton 08:47 - Feb 2 with 7797 viewsYorkRanger

So I hear that Barton is part of the Five Live team tonight commenting on Transfer Deadline Day.

When will this nonsense get stopped?
Barton on 18:31 - Feb 2 with 1495 viewsYorkRanger

Barton on 16:26 - Feb 2 by paulparker

no one is advocating that Pinner so I don't know why you keep going on about it

simple fact is Barton is a dog of a player who is a ledged in his own mind
now if we were a mid table team and Barton even played above average he could be forgiven for doing the odd stint in the media and gracing us with his meticulous thoughts on all things football & politics
the fact he is playing sh1t, for a team who hasn't even picked up a point away from home whilst coining 80k a week large is a bit hard for some fans to take,

Nicely summed up PP
Barton on 19:01 - Feb 2 with 1449 viewssmegma

Barton on 10:48 - Feb 2 by HollowayRanger

would be funny if he were sold tonight and it flashed up with him sitting there watching

You think someone is stupid enough to buy him ?
Barton on 19:10 - Feb 2 with 1437 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 16:26 - Feb 2 by paulparker

no one is advocating that Pinner so I don't know why you keep going on about it

simple fact is Barton is a dog of a player who is a ledged in his own mind
now if we were a mid table team and Barton even played above average he could be forgiven for doing the odd stint in the media and gracing us with his meticulous thoughts on all things football & politics
the fact he is playing sh1t, for a team who hasn't even picked up a point away from home whilst coining 80k a week large is a bit hard for some fans to take,

"keep going on about it"????????????

Its about my 3rd post about football on here in the last three days, which is about 350 less than some!
Barton on 19:17 - Feb 2 with 1417 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 18:31 - Feb 2 by YorkRanger

Nicely summed up PP

1) you/me have no idea what he is earning

2) Really don't see how taking the odd day off/making the odd media appearance/giving an interview/view makes any difference whatsoever.

Haven't seen anything from SWP in about 2 years - not seen much of an improvement because of it!

Been here before, read Clive's opening paragraphs of Saturday's pre match preview.

Some on here are just getting upset about EVERYTHING, even things that have nothing to do with the important stuff - how we are (not) performing on/off the pitch.

And whether Barton appears on 5 Live tonight or not, really is not going to affect our season greatly in my view.

Looking forward already to the word by word dissection on here of everything he says tonight!
Barton on 20:01 - Feb 2 with 1376 viewsYorkRanger

Barton on 19:17 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

1) you/me have no idea what he is earning

2) Really don't see how taking the odd day off/making the odd media appearance/giving an interview/view makes any difference whatsoever.

Haven't seen anything from SWP in about 2 years - not seen much of an improvement because of it!

Been here before, read Clive's opening paragraphs of Saturday's pre match preview.

Some on here are just getting upset about EVERYTHING, even things that have nothing to do with the important stuff - how we are (not) performing on/off the pitch.

And whether Barton appears on 5 Live tonight or not, really is not going to affect our season greatly in my view.

Looking forward already to the word by word dissection on here of everything he says tonight!

Happy to leave it there Pinner and agree to disagree. We clearly have different expectations of Barton ...
Barton on 20:15 - Feb 2 with 1360 viewsWestonsuperR

Barton on 11:49 - Feb 2 by derbyhoop

What's the issue. Barton is articulate and knowledgeable. Do we expect him to live like a hermit between games and training sessions?

I agree with this. I don't care what Barton does in his spare time as long as he gives 100% at Training and on the pitch, although he's not had a great season he has at least always put the effort in.

Barton is coming towards the end of his career so if he wants to increase his chances of becoming a pundit my make these sort of appearances then that's fine with me. What should he be doing at 21.00 on a Monday, free-kick practice in the park?
Barton on 20:21 - Feb 2 with 1325 viewsSpiritofGregory

Barton on 20:15 - Feb 2 by WestonsuperR

I agree with this. I don't care what Barton does in his spare time as long as he gives 100% at Training and on the pitch, although he's not had a great season he has at least always put the effort in.

Barton is coming towards the end of his career so if he wants to increase his chances of becoming a pundit my make these sort of appearances then that's fine with me. What should he be doing at 21.00 on a Monday, free-kick practice in the park?

If he is doing another job then he is not committed to QPR. I want players who are 100% committed to the club. I don't see this type of carry on at other clubs.
Barton on 20:31 - Feb 2 with 1299 viewsWestonsuperR

Barton on 20:21 - Feb 2 by SpiritofGregory

If he is doing another job then he is not committed to QPR. I want players who are 100% committed to the club. I don't see this type of carry on at other clubs.

How can working 21.00-23.00 as a football pundit affect his efforts on a Saturday afternoon for QPR? What happens if he decides to play for a pool team 21.00-23.00 each Monday instead, is that also not giving 100%?
Login to get fewer ads

Barton on 20:33 - Feb 2 with 1290 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 20:34 - Feb 2 with 1282 viewsPinnerPaul

What?!

No other players do interviews/appearances/commercial activities?

Hasn't done Ronaldo much harm appearing in some very high profile ad campaigns for example!
Barton on 20:35 - Feb 2 with 1276 viewsAndyB

Yes we do.
Loads of players, still playing, appear in the media as pundits.
Barton on 20:47 - Feb 2 with 1230 viewsSpiritofGregory

Barton on 20:31 - Feb 2 by WestonsuperR

How can working 21.00-23.00 as a football pundit affect his efforts on a Saturday afternoon for QPR? What happens if he decides to play for a pool team 21.00-23.00 each Monday instead, is that also not giving 100%?

He'll get paid for punditry, he won't for playing pool that's the difference. He is over 30, punditry will be a source of future income, he also likes to be on tv and talk $hit therefore it will be more important to him.

Players nowadays should be athletes, the vast amounts of money being paid dictates that what is ok for you and me, is not ok for them. They should watch what they eat and drink, no clubbing, no other jobs, be disciplined etc etc.
Barton on 20:54 - Feb 2 with 1219 viewsSpiritofGregory

Barton on 20:34 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

What?!

No other players do interviews/appearances/commercial activities?

Hasn't done Ronaldo much harm appearing in some very high profile ad campaigns for example!

You are talking about the best player in the world, Barton's not good enough to tie his boot laces.
Barton on 20:56 - Feb 2 with 1209 viewsSpiritofGregory

Barton on 20:35 - Feb 2 by AndyB

Yes we do.
Loads of players, still playing, appear in the media as pundits.

Who?
Barton on 21:03 - Feb 2 with 1174 viewsSpiritofGregory

He obviously isn't trying hard enough, all he does is give the ball away. For all his huffing and puffing he hardly wins the battle in midfield. He is famous for having a big mouth and stubbing a cigar out in a youth player's eye. He has never been a quality footballer. He is not even worth half of what we are paying him.

Ashley puts him on the transfer market on a free, no one wants him yet stupid QPR take him and guess what? We give him a higher salary. You couldn't bloody make it up.

No more bloody parasites.
Barton on 21:23 - Feb 2 with 1015 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Have to say, the discussion on Five Live (it's also on TV, on the red button) is excellent. Joey has been quite interesting. They've just been talking about medicals. Much more insightful than the hype on SSN.

And they're now about to talk QPR!!

The show is coming from Manchester, but Joey looks like he's in a London studio, on his tod!
Barton on 21:32 - Feb 2 with 978 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 20:47 - Feb 2 by SpiritofGregory

He'll get paid for punditry, he won't for playing pool that's the difference. He is over 30, punditry will be a source of future income, he also likes to be on tv and talk $hit therefore it will be more important to him.

Players nowadays should be athletes, the vast amounts of money being paid dictates that what is ok for you and me, is not ok for them. They should watch what they eat and drink, no clubbing, no other jobs, be disciplined etc etc.

You're right, I can see a cup of coffee on the desk in front of him, what a disgrace!
Barton on 21:34 - Feb 2 with 969 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 20:56 - Feb 2 by SpiritofGregory

Who?

Erm - Ronaldo - as you've just admitted, hasn't affected his form one bit!
Barton on 21:36 - Feb 2 with 962 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 21:03 - Feb 2 by SpiritofGregory

He obviously isn't trying hard enough, all he does is give the ball away. For all his huffing and puffing he hardly wins the battle in midfield. He is famous for having a big mouth and stubbing a cigar out in a youth player's eye. He has never been a quality footballer. He is not even worth half of what we are paying him.

Ashley puts him on the transfer market on a free, no one wants him yet stupid QPR take him and guess what? We give him a higher salary. You couldn't bloody make it up.

No more bloody parasites.

So there we have it - you don't like him.

Nonsense about appearing on 5 Live is bo******x!
Barton on 21:38 - Feb 2 with 949 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 21:23 - Feb 2 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

Have to say, the discussion on Five Live (it's also on TV, on the red button) is excellent. Joey has been quite interesting. They've just been talking about medicals. Much more insightful than the hype on SSN.

And they're now about to talk QPR!!

The show is coming from Manchester, but Joey looks like he's in a London studio, on his tod!

At least he won't get to bed too late then, a relief for some on here I'm sure.
Barton on 21:39 - Feb 2 with 938 viewsconnell10

Lol Phil neville aka Mr punch is getting hammered by Barton!! Very funny. Mr punch ain't looking happy☺☺☺

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Barton on 21:44 - Feb 2 with 908 viewsPinnerPaul

"Talking QPR in a minute"
Barton on 21:46 - Feb 2 with 898 viewsWestonsuperR

Barton on 20:47 - Feb 2 by SpiritofGregory

So for the third time, what difference being a pundit on a Monday evening make to his ability to play for QPR? Yes he is possibly being paid, maybe not just enhancing his chance of becoming a pundit but why does is this to the detriment of his QPR career. Don't think he's been great for us but is one of a few that can look himself in the mirror and feel he has given his best this season, maybe that isn't good enough any more?
Barton on 21:48 - Feb 2 with 883 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton on 21:44 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

"Talking QPR in a minute"

Clearly a Radio 5 minute is the same length as a London Transport minute!
Barton on 21:49 - Feb 2 with 880 viewsJamie

Barton on 21:48 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

Clearly a Radio 5 minute is the same length as a London Transport minute!

Or R5 are as economical with the truth as Arry..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024