Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey on SSN 22:09 - Apr 7 with 3415 viewsQPR1882

been a long,long.long time since i have seen such honesty from a QPR manager

Can we keep him as our manager please
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 22:10]
Ramsey on SSN on 22:14 - Apr 7 with 3332 viewsdaveB

think he's growing into the job, had a good week but still not sure he's the long term answer.

Do like his honesty though, better than Sherwood blaming injuries when we had several key men missing tonight
Ramsey on SSN on 22:23 - Apr 7 with 3203 viewsSimonJames

He's done a great job of rallying the troops.

As for being the manager, a big question is: "Does he have the vision to put together a winning squad next season?".

100% of people who drink water will die.

Ramsey on SSN on 22:24 - Apr 7 with 3195 viewsFredManRave

QPR boss Chris Ramsey: "In the first half we got overrun a bit, we caused our own problems our technique was poor, they had a lot chances and we rode our luck. But we were fantastic in the second half and the travelling fans had something to cheer about.

"[Assistant coach] Kevin Bond was in my ear so I cannot take full credit for the changes just after half-time. Between us we decided who was coming off but formations, what are they? It is just about players closing the others down.

"The goals we gave away were schoolboy errors. The point was better for them, we would have loved to have won the game and been above the line. Based on the performance in the second half we are disappointed we have not got three points."

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ramsey on SSN on 22:41 - Apr 7 with 3020 viewskropotkin41

If he comes even close to keeping us up he has to be in the picture for the job. He inherited a team in a right mess, dumped in his lap by someone who sulked away his final transfer window.

We have now passed the points total that Redknapp managed to get us the last time we were relegated and we are fighting............. that's all we could realistically have asked of CR when he came in: pride, fight, a chance to be in with a shout of staying up.

Also, regardless of some critics on here, he is a highly rated coach and will make a fine manager. Getting relegated would be no disgrace....... and it's pretty amazing that with half a dozen games to go we're still thinking we might have a chance.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Ramsey on SSN on 22:48 - Apr 7 with 2928 viewsVancouverHoop

I hope he stays. Particularly if we go down. The Premier League is a tough place to learn, but the managerial options are equally chancy so why not?
Ramsey on SSN on 23:29 - Apr 7 with 2730 viewsPommyhoop

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/142764/honesty-the

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:41 - Apr 7 with 2669 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ramsey on SSN on 23:43 - Apr 7 with 2649 viewsHollowayRanger

I want him to stay

just not sure if I want him staying as manager or first team coach

end of season has to sit down with tony and sell him his vision of QPR 2015/16 and beyond

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:54 - Apr 7 with 2602 viewsPunteR

Ramsey on SSN on 23:43 - Apr 7 by HollowayRanger

I want him to stay

end of season has to sit down with tony and sell him his vision of QPR 2015/16 and beyond

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey on SSN on 00:02 - Apr 8 with 2582 viewsVancouverHoop

Ramsey on SSN on 23:43 - Apr 7 by HollowayRanger

I want him to stay

With Sir Les as DoF many of the traditional managerial responsibilities will be reduced. It should mean CR will be able to concentrate on the players, rather than front office stuff.

Also they know each other very well, anyone new will need to feel his way into the club, and figure out what his exact role is.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 0:03]
Ramsey on SSN on 01:00 - Apr 8 with 2434 viewsRoundhayRanger

I lke the cut of his jib. It's refreshing after the mis-guided path we were following before. I think if he (and Les), have a plan for the squad that extends past this summer, actually 2 plans, for both the alternatives, then he perhaps s hould be retained in his current position. I'm not aware of his thinking on this, but I like to hear it from him. I think he's earned at least that.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 1:01]
Ramsey on SSN on 07:22 - Apr 8 with 2094 viewsSpiritofGregory

If we go down he's got to go.
Ramsey on SSN on 07:47 - Apr 8 with 2019 viewsAgedR

Ramsey on SSN on 07:22 - Apr 8 by SpiritofGregory

If he gets us to 34 points he will have averaged a point a game, despite having lost two major attacking options to cruciate injuries.

Whether or not that will be enough to keep us up, he will have proved that he is capable at the highest level, under the most difficult of circumstances; inheriting the most unbalanced and demotivated squad in the league.

I think this would have proved that he has the necessary credentials for a new contract.

Previously successful managers have failed at QPR recently. His points per game tally could not be judged as a failure.

Also his appointment would provide evidence that the club has some high boardroom level dignity; something it has been long in need of showing.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ramsey on SSN on 07:54 - Apr 8 with 1993 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ramsey on SSN on 07:22 - Apr 8 by SpiritofGregory

At what point will this short termism end?

If you are waiting for some undiscovered Alf Ramsey, don't hold your breath.
Ramsey on SSN on 07:56 - Apr 8 with 1982 viewskropotkin41

Ramsey on SSN on 07:54 - Apr 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

At what point will this short termism end?

If you are waiting for some undiscovered Alf Ramsey, don't hold your breath.

He's just talking out of his hat. On the match thread he claims not to be a pessimist! I'm not sure SoG is even a real person let alone a QPR fan.

Ramsey on SSN on 07:57 - Apr 8 with 1974 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey on SSN on 07:47 - Apr 8 by AgedR

If he gets us to 34 points he will have averaged a point a game, despite having lost two major attacking options to cruciate injuries.

Whether or not that will be enough to keep us up, he will have proved that he is capable at the highest level, under the most difficult of circumstances; inheriting the most unbalanced and demotivated squad in the league.

I think this would have proved that he has the necessary credentials for a new contract.

Previously successful managers have failed at QPR recently. His points per game tally could not be judged as a failure.

Also his appointment would provide evidence that the club has some high boardroom level dignity; something it has been long in need of showing.

I find it puzzling that fans have already made their minds up and for silly reasons. Let's wait until the end of the season before making a decision.
Ramsey on SSN on 08:07 - Apr 8 with 1932 viewskropotkin41

Ramsey on SSN on 07:57 - Apr 8 by SpiritofGregory

I find it puzzling that fans have already made their minds up and for silly reasons. Let's wait until the end of the season before making a decision.

Well you've already made up your mind that if we go down he has to go, and that seems ignore a whole host of factors including that he took over a ship that was holed below the waterline. If you want to wait until the end of the season then you shouldn't be sharpening the bloody axe.

Ramsey on SSN on 08:12 - Apr 8 with 1914 viewsAgedR

Ramsey on SSN on 07:57 - Apr 8 by SpiritofGregory

Performance level when compared to a peer group.

Yes, I can see how you might view that as silly.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Ramsey on SSN on 18:18 - Apr 8 with 1501 viewsRangersAreBack

His managerial record to date is:

G W D L Win %
9 2 1 6 22.22%

I appreciate the honesty but I need to see more than that to be convinced he's the long term solution.
Ramsey on SSN on 18:28 - Apr 8 with 1476 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey on SSN on 18:18 - Apr 8 by RangersAreBack

His managerial record to date is:

G W D L Win %
9 2 1 6 22.22%

I appreciate the honesty but I need to see more than that to be convinced he's the long term solution.

ravaged by injuries, with a squad not of his choosing and the harder half of the season (big teams at home, weaker away). he deserves his chance and the last 180 minutes i have witnessed have been great. The team are giving what they have, though so clear that the older players are struggling. Prepared to look at youngsters and shown that they are not a million miles off.

His away record is not bad... in fact it is staggering given the incompetence of away games under Hughes and Redknapp in this league. Losing by the odd goal and some dodgy refs at home to top six sides. Everton and Palace were disappointing but this feels more like our club (to me) under Ramsey than a long time
Ramsey on SSN on 18:32 - Apr 8 with 1462 viewsRangersAreBack

Ramsey on SSN on 18:28 - Apr 8 by GetMeRangers

ravaged by injuries, with a squad not of his choosing and the harder half of the season (big teams at home, weaker away). he deserves his chance and the last 180 minutes i have witnessed have been great. The team are giving what they have, though so clear that the older players are struggling. Prepared to look at youngsters and shown that they are not a million miles off.

His away record is not bad... in fact it is staggering given the incompetence of away games under Hughes and Redknapp in this league. Losing by the odd goal and some dodgy refs at home to top six sides. Everton and Palace were disappointing but this feels more like our club (to me) under Ramsey than a long time

He is getting his chance. IMHO if we go down he should be assistant to the new manager with Bond going out the door and Hill moved into coaching.
Ramsey on SSN on 18:39 - Apr 8 with 1447 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey on SSN on 18:32 - Apr 8 by RangersAreBack

He is getting his chance. IMHO if we go down he should be assistant to the new manager with Bond going out the door and Hill moved into coaching.

Depends who he is to assistant to... for me, it is better to have the devil you know, as far as CR is concerned, if we go down and probably if we stay up too.

Intrigued that he has publicly said he would be happy to step back into coaching role at QPR if he isnt given the reigns after this season.

He did own up to Bond giving him help in the subs last night.

Good shout on Hill... sure everyone, to a man, hopes he stays at LR in some role
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024