Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices..... 08:55 - May 29 with 8627 viewsMvpeter

I cannot understand the reaction to the season ticket prices.

Why are people so pleased to be paying some of the highest prices in the world?

It seems that as long as you say 'in order to show our appreciation' people will lap it up like we've been done a favour.

Yes I'm still renewing, yes I can still afford it but many can't.

And people wonder why after the real fans are priced out we find ourselves overrun by the half and half scarves.

All to cover the cost of half a players wage!

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Season Ticket Prices..... on 09:13 - May 29 with 7178 viewsLblock

So what do you consider a fair price bearing in mind the clubs location, the level we'll be playing at and the facilities?

I would LOVE to be paying a fiver a game, standing on the terraces and 90p for a pint of Double Diamond but tempus fugit, tempus fugit.

I bought tickets to a concert which will last maybe two and half hours in Kew Gardens this summer... £55.00 plus booking fee thank you very much.

I've not been to a cinema in years but I hear upper end places can charge £18 these days and average still around £9.00

Not into the theatre but I think cheap seats to most shows are around £35.00 a pop plus the rip off booking fee

Went for a swim and a sauna the other day --- £16.00. I was shocked at that. Plus a pound for a locker and potential botulism

Market forces will get you in the end my friend.
I'm not exactly chuffed to be paying £23 a pop for a cramped seat watching Benny's Boys next season but do I think it's a fair price for a seat in a decent view area, in West London, in 2015? Yep I do.

I appreciate there's people out there who simply cannot stretch due to their individual personal economic circumstances and that is a real shame.
There's no blanket answer apart from free ST for all which is almost where you're coming from.

Hey hoh... roll on August

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Season Ticket Prices..... on 09:20 - May 29 with 7166 viewsWatford_Ranger

How do they compare to the rest of the league? I imagine we're the most expensive or not far off it which is a bit of a pisstake IMO.

What will the walk-up prices be? £30 for 'gold'?

There will be some disgruntled punters if we are struggling, which realistically we will be. I think these are the highest prices possible without being an outrage.
Season Ticket Prices..... on 09:24 - May 29 with 7145 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

Season Ticket Prices..... on 09:49 - May 29 with 7103 viewsNorthernr

Sadly it's a sign of the times as said above. We're not in Germany and we're not in Blackburn. The gold season tickets are just over £20 a game and the silver ones just under that. That's really not bad in the modern game.

Yes we're expensive by Championship standards, but the Championship is full of clubs like Blackburn, Leeds, Derby, Sheff Wed etc who have 25,30,35,40,000 seats to fill and are in parts of the country where the economy isn't as strong, the take-home isn't as high, and prices of goods aren't as high so their season tickets are going to be lower than ours.

And yes, all British football tickets are expensive by European standards, but that's not a problem exclusive to QPR.

Personally I think once you go over £30 you're taking the pis for a football ticket, but we haven't done that here.
Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:03 - May 29 with 7067 viewsQPunkR

I can agree with the OP certainly. I think people are mostly pleased with the prices 'cos they've not stayed the same as last year. My ticket is Bronze (obviously) and therefore the cheapest in the ground, but I'm still umming and ahhing over whether to renew this season. No matter how you look at it, it still is expensive. Never used to be this expensive to follow your team, but that fecking Hillsborough report and fallout (not to open a whole other can of worms) has a lot to answer for. Even if we ever went back to terraces (never happen sadly), ticket prices would still be stratospheric as the clubs have seen most mug punters will swallow hard and pay the price.
Sadly, the only way this is gonna change is things are gonna get even more expensive.

QPR - "shit but local"

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:13 - May 29 with 7028 viewsMvpeter

Season Ticket Prices..... on 09:13 - May 29 by Lblock

So what do you consider a fair price bearing in mind the clubs location, the level we'll be playing at and the facilities?

I would LOVE to be paying a fiver a game, standing on the terraces and 90p for a pint of Double Diamond but tempus fugit, tempus fugit.

I bought tickets to a concert which will last maybe two and half hours in Kew Gardens this summer... £55.00 plus booking fee thank you very much.

I've not been to a cinema in years but I hear upper end places can charge £18 these days and average still around £9.00

Not into the theatre but I think cheap seats to most shows are around £35.00 a pop plus the rip off booking fee

Went for a swim and a sauna the other day --- £16.00. I was shocked at that. Plus a pound for a locker and potential botulism

Market forces will get you in the end my friend.
I'm not exactly chuffed to be paying £23 a pop for a cramped seat watching Benny's Boys next season but do I think it's a fair price for a seat in a decent view area, in West London, in 2015? Yep I do.

I appreciate there's people out there who simply cannot stretch due to their individual personal economic circumstances and that is a real shame.
There's no blanket answer apart from free ST for all which is almost where you're coming from.

Hey hoh... roll on August

Probably something like similar clubs with similar locations, level we'll be playing at and the facilities. But a casual glance at Fulham Brentford and Crystal Palace shows that we are not getting that. Not even close.

We are out of sync with the rest of football which is why it is our away attendances that are in the triple figures but not the other London teams.

25 quid for a game of championship football is just about acceptable.
25 quid for a game of championship football purchased in a 23 game bulk buy is not.

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:17 - May 29 with 7006 viewsNorthernr

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:13 - May 29 by Mvpeter

Probably something like similar clubs with similar locations, level we'll be playing at and the facilities. But a casual glance at Fulham Brentford and Crystal Palace shows that we are not getting that. Not even close.

We are out of sync with the rest of football which is why it is our away attendances that are in the triple figures but not the other London teams.

25 quid for a game of championship football purchased in a 23 game bulk buy is not.

It's not £25, it's less than £20 in silver and only just over £20 in Gold.
Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:19 - May 29 with 6984 viewsDevonWhite

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:13 - May 29 by Mvpeter

My mate's a Fulham season ticket holder and his season ticket, for a similar area of the ground, is £449. Exactly the same as mine.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:24 - May 29 with 6968 viewsMvpeter

Season Ticket Prices..... on 09:49 - May 29 by Northernr

Sadly it's a sign of the times as said above. We're not in Germany and we're not in Blackburn. The gold season tickets are just over £20 a game and the silver ones just under that. That's really not bad in the modern game.

Yes we're expensive by Championship standards, but the Championship is full of clubs like Blackburn, Leeds, Derby, Sheff Wed etc who have 25,30,35,40,000 seats to fill and are in parts of the country where the economy isn't as strong, the take-home isn't as high, and prices of goods aren't as high so their season tickets are going to be lower than ours.

And yes, all British football tickets are expensive by European standards, but that's not a problem exclusive to QPR.

Personally I think once you go over £30 you're taking the pis for a football ticket, but we haven't done that here.

NorthernR we're expensive by Premier League standards. We're absolutely extortionate by championship standards.

Charlton aren't in Germany nor Blackburn and they are charging £150.

£150.

The cost to the club of lowering all tickets by as much as £100 is no more than £1 million.

We spent £17m on Shaun Wright Philips.

What truly pisses me off is that this has been presented as a thank you. A gift.

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:27 - May 29 with 6943 viewsMvpeter

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:17 - May 29 by Northernr

It's 26 for Platinum 22.5 for Gold 19 for Silver. Say the average ticket is about 22 pounds.

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:29 - May 29 with 6921 viewsgigiisourgod

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:27 - May 29 by Mvpeter

It's 26 for Platinum 22.5 for Gold 19 for Silver. Say the average ticket is about 22 pounds.

If you are buying Platinum then you are not worried about the cost of your ticket. Prices are very reasonable. Well done to the club.
Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:30 - May 29 with 6915 viewsNorthernr

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:27 - May 29 by Mvpeter

I honestly don't think that's too bad, but I totally agree with you about the cost of knocking another £100 off relative to the extortionate amounts we give to mediocre players, and about our prices relative to other London Championship clubs.

Plus, I like you on here, you make me look cheerful
Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:34 - May 29 with 6895 viewsloftboy

Add in the price of a kids ticket which as a renewal in silver is only £89 less than the price of two Xbox games and it's bloody good value, I have done a complete u-turn on whether to renew or not, the only difference being is I will miss a game or two if necessary, something I wouldn't have dreamed of a season or two ago.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:34 - May 29 with 6894 viewsMvpeter

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:30 - May 29 by Northernr

I honestly don't think that's too bad, but I totally agree with you about the cost of knocking another £100 off relative to the extortionate amounts we give to mediocre players, and about our prices relative to other London Championship clubs.

Plus, I like you on here, you make me look cheerful

It may have been a somewhat backhanded compliment but Clive likes having me around. I'm beaming.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 10:35]

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:57 - May 29 with 6808 viewsthame_hoops

This post and the replies are a good read, good points made and argued. Well done all.
Season Ticket Prices..... on 11:03 - May 29 with 6778 viewsMvpeter

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:57 - May 29 by thame_hoops

This post and the replies are a good read, good points made and argued. Well done all.

Exactly why I love this site. Should have started commenting years ago.

Season Ticket Prices..... on 11:07 - May 29 with 6758 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:24 - May 29 by Mvpeter

NorthernR we're expensive by Premier League standards. We're absolutely extortionate by championship standards.

£150.

The cost to the club of lowering all tickets by as much as £100 is no more than £1 million.

What truly pisses me off is that this has been presented as a thank you. A gift.

I wonder how many people moaning about the ST prices also want us to stay at Loftus Road. Last year in the Championship 11 teams had an average gate bigger than LR's capacity, add to that Reading, Birmingham, Charlton, Bolton and Blackburn who all have bigger grounds than us it is little wonder our ST prices are above average.
Season Ticket Prices..... on 11:58 - May 29 with 6667 viewsQPunkR

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:57 - May 29 by thame_hoops

Downvote!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Season Ticket Prices..... on 12:07 - May 29 with 6642 viewstoboboly

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:17 - May 29 by Northernr

Only if you renew. Not if you are a lapsed ST holder. And walk up prices will be even worse.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Season Ticket Prices..... on 12:30 - May 29 with 6553 viewsCorbyQPR

For me and my 2 boys (1 U8) it works out at just over £7 each per game. I'm v happy...
Season Ticket Prices..... on 15:33 - May 29 with 6377 viewsActonOccident

Maybe I've missed it, and I guess only a handful of people will be affected, but I haven't seen anyone point out that ST general sale prices are up around 30 quid on what they were last time round at this level.
Season Ticket Prices..... on 15:37 - May 29 with 6362 viewsstowmarketrange

Season Ticket Prices..... on 15:33 - May 29 by ActonOccident

Maybe I've missed it, and I guess only a handful of people will be affected, but I haven't seen anyone point out that ST general sale prices are up around 30 quid on what they were last time round at this level.

Its only right that the glory hunters who only come flooding back to see us win a few games in a lower league should get punished in the pocket.
Where were they when we were sh:t last season?
Season Ticket Prices..... on 15:41 - May 29 with 6355 viewstoboboly

Season Ticket Prices..... on 15:37 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

Its only right that the glory hunters who only come flooding back to see us win a few games in a lower league should get punished in the pocket.
Where were they when we were sh:t last season?

Probably still priced out and hand picking games!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Season Ticket Prices..... on 15:54 - May 29 with 6318 viewsQPunkR

Season Ticket Prices..... on 15:33 - May 29 by ActonOccident

Interesting, and I didn't notice that at all. Good spot.

QPR - "shit but local"

Season Ticket Prices..... on 16:18 - May 29 with 6267 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Season Ticket Prices..... on 10:24 - May 29 by Mvpeter

£150.

In a competition of "hitting the nail on the head". This post would win GOLD, and break all records!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024