Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
polter 12:34 - Jul 27 with 5770 viewsPurleyHoop

reviews on polter sunday?
polter on 12:37 - Jul 27 with 4724 viewsHayesender

I've not seen him play yet, but I've heard the words Rob and Hulse bandied about

Poll: Shamima Beghum

polter on 12:38 - Jul 27 with 4718 viewssimmo

Strong, really good in the air (especially in our box when it came to defending corners). Seemed a bit out of sorts when in front of goal, had 2 clear opprtunities that resulted in weak shots, so not his most clinical of perfromances, didn't hide though. Not much to go on at this point and I think he could come good. We have to give him time, new league/country/team, etc. It's a big ask to hit the ground running.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

polter on 12:49 - Jul 27 with 4642 viewskingsburyR

IF (big if) Charlie stays, will both he and Polter play together or are they too similar?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

polter on 12:56 - Jul 27 with 4595 viewsGetMeRangers

polter on 12:38 - Jul 27 by simmo

Strong, really good in the air (especially in our box when it came to defending corners). Seemed a bit out of sorts when in front of goal, had 2 clear opprtunities that resulted in weak shots, so not his most clinical of perfromances, didn't hide though. Not much to go on at this point and I think he could come good. We have to give him time, new league/country/team, etc. It's a big ask to hit the ground running.

I also got the impression that he was struggling to read the ball coming to him and with the pace of the Newport defenders.

Sure his and Rob Hulse's feet got mixed up at arrivals at Heathrow
polter on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 4552 viewsBakes

The Rob Hulse comparison is unfair, it's difficult to judge the man one performance, no one shone at Newport, but he did ok, he looked strong, quick feet, good in the air and his movement was good, the first chance he fluffed, he couldn't get it out of his feet, the second he said we was under pressure from defenders and the GK rushing out. I think he will do ok for us, I'm more worried about JET, can't see where he will play. He's not a winger but spendt the majority of the Newport match out wide.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 17:26]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

polter on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 4552 viewsSaycey

Haven't seen him play yet, but judging by the reaction on social media I fear we may have yet another scapegoat lined up...
polter on 13:00 - Jul 27 with 4542 viewssimmo

polter on 12:56 - Jul 27 by GetMeRangers

I also got the impression that he was struggling to read the ball coming to him and with the pace of the Newport defenders.

Sure his and Rob Hulse's feet got mixed up at arrivals at Heathrow

You've also got to bear in mind that it was terrible conditions, we've all raved about Luongo (and rightly so) but he mis-read the bounce and movement of the ball a few times due I assume to the pitch - so let's not get too judgemental on a pre-season game with old testament weather.

I think Polter got himself in good positions and but just didn't have enough awareness to finish when the opportunity came, that being said on 3-4 occasions he did really well with his back to goal, holding up play and passing out wide before getting into the area looking for the cross. There wasn't a lot of quality from wide areas against Newport but if we can remedy that, I think he will be there or there abouts.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

polter on 13:13 - Jul 27 with 4458 viewsDeepcutHoop

I think the best chance he had and the only one that gave me pause, was from a perfect cross from Chery and he missed the free header quite badly.

Not going to judge him harshly though until we see him in anger.
Login to get fewer ads

polter on 13:17 - Jul 27 with 4417 viewsTheBlob

Hope we haven't laid an egg with this one.

Oy,you started it....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

polter on 13:17 - Jul 27 with 4422 viewsJamie

Think he will do well for us personally.
polter on 13:17 - Jul 27 with 4417 viewsbosh67

He's just rusty and needs more game time. He'll need the fans behind him. I get the feeling that if he gets backing and a few goals his confidence and assurance will surge.

Anyone who has this technique will come good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

polter on 13:22 - Jul 27 with 4360 viewswombat

polter on 13:17 - Jul 27 by bosh67

He's just rusty and needs more game time. He'll need the fans behind him. I get the feeling that if he gets backing and a few goals his confidence and assurance will surge.

run the channels well sunday just no finish prob should have scored a hat trick on a better day , he has legs like tree trunks so very strong just need to play his feet a bit more

Jet didnt impress atall like a imobile devon white defo not a replacment for charlie might do ok as an impact sub for last ten mins

Poll: which is your favouite foot

polter on 13:31 - Jul 27 with 4327 viewsadhoc_qpr

Tough to expect him to come to a new country and a different standard of football and contribute immediately.

But unless we really are keeping Charlie or have another striker lined up, we'll need him too.
polter on 13:36 - Jul 27 with 4298 viewsGetMeRangers

polter on 13:17 - Jul 27 by bosh67

Sure it is just a case of getting used to the English game. This was his first pre-season game, wasn't it?

My Rob Hulse comment is cheap and throw away for laughs..

He may not be Charlie Austin but I think once he gets a bit more used to things and possibly if he can get an early goal, he wont be too bad

Certainly looks tough enough for it. He did get harshly pulled down when set off for goal (at least I think it was him) having beaten eh offside trap
polter on 13:52 - Jul 27 with 4205 viewskropotkin41

My immediate thought was that he has quite a good footballing brain on him and that, as Bosh says, he's rusty. He needs to score a goal to start with. He had a couple of chances on Sunday, but hesitated or wanted too much time........... I think he'll be okay.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

polter on 14:02 - Jul 27 with 4147 viewsqpr1976

Let's not forget Austin didn't score for his 1st 5 or 6 games. For Us, or Burnley !
polter on 14:06 - Jul 27 with 4122 viewsganjR

polter on 14:02 - Jul 27 by qpr1976

Let's not forget Austin didn't score for his 1st 5 or 6 games. For Us, or Burnley !

Sebastien Pelters.
polter on 14:11 - Jul 27 with 4101 viewsNeil_SI

He'll need time and patience.

The main areas of interest to me was that he didn't have a great deal of support from his teammates, because he wasn't always on the same wavelength at them and that seemed to cause irritation at times.

It's important the other players encourage him, and especially any players who have come from abroad who will take more time to settle into their surroundings. The same will be needed from the fan base, as he may well be a slow starter this season.

From a playing perspective, he's a willing worker, and perhaps too much so. He worked the channels as hard as he could and picked up some nice positions from deeper areas, but that also exposed his lack of pace, so he couldn't capitalise where others might have. But then, that work ethic is to be admired, so hopefully that will buy him the time he needs.

But, I think over time, I'd like to see him stay in more central areas. He certainly picked up some nice positions in and around the box and got on the end of a fair few lovely deliveries into him, but he wasn't quite sharp enough at this point to make the most of them. You could see what was going through his mind, he just couldn't quite execute what he wanted to do every so often.

The next step is to see how he does with those chances when he is at full fitness, because he looks like he'll get into the right positions. I did see some philosophical differences between the German way of playing and how we play football here, just little things, such as when to expect certain players to set the ball and give and go, that were lost in translation, but hopefully he'll sync with that over time, and of course, as he gets to know his teammates better.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:12]
polter on 14:13 - Jul 27 with 4083 viewsTheBlob

Von Pellicori.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

polter on 14:13 - Jul 27 with 4084 viewslave16

polter on 14:11 - Jul 27 by Neil_SI

He'll need time and patience.

The main areas of interest to me was that he didn't have a great deal of support from his teammates, because he wasn't always on the same wavelength at them and that seemed to cause irritation at times.

It's important the other players encourage him, and especially any players who have come from abroad who will take more time to settle into their surroundings. The same will be needed from the fan base, as he may well be a slow starter this season.

From a playing perspective, he's a willing worker, and perhaps too much so. He worked the channels as hard as he could and picked up some nice positions from deeper areas, but that also exposed his lack of pace, so he couldn't capitalise where others might have. But then, that work ethic is to be admired, so hopefully that will buy him the time he needs.

But, I think over time, I'd like to see him stay in more central areas. He certainly picked up some nice positions in and around the box and got on the end of a fair few lovely deliveries into him, but he wasn't quite sharp enough at this point to make the most of them. You could see what was going through his mind, he just couldn't quite execute what he wanted to do every so often.

The next step is to see how he does with those chances when he is at full fitness, because he looks like he'll get into the right positions. I did see some philosophical differences between the German way of playing and how we play football here, just little things, such as when to expect certain players to set the ball and give and go, that were lost in translation, but hopefully he'll sync with that over time, and of course, as he gets to know his teammates better.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:12]

only we could have him hung drawn and quartered before he plays a competitive game....

actually looking forward to seeing him play.. if him and mackie are playing up top there will be plenty of chasing done

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

polter on 15:49 - Jul 27 with 3833 viewsganjR

polter on 14:13 - Jul 27 by lave16

only we could have him hung drawn and quartered before he plays a competitive game....

actually looking forward to seeing him play.. if him and mackie are playing up top there will be plenty of chasing done

He's gonna need time. He hasn't been signed as our out and out no.1 striker.
Think he will do ok, not great, not rubbish. Ok.
polter on 16:00 - Jul 27 with 3765 viewswombat

polter on 15:49 - Jul 27 by ganjR

prob more steiner type player than other similar strikers, he put a shift in sunday in awful conditions, runs the space well btween defenders wont score a bundle but prob 7/10 a season id guess gievn the right service and a early goal

Poll: which is your favouite foot

polter on 16:09 - Jul 27 with 3730 viewsadhoc_qpr

polter on 15:49 - Jul 27 by ganjR

Unfortunately for him, he's quite likely to be the only senior out and out striker quite soon - which puts the pressure on him (unfairly really).

Looks like we might be better off playing JET or Mackie out of position until he has bedded in a bit more or we actually sign a proper striker.
polter on 16:23 - Jul 27 with 3672 viewsganjR

polter on 16:09 - Jul 27 by adhoc_qpr

Unfortunately for him, he's quite likely to be the only senior out and out striker quite soon - which puts the pressure on him (unfairly really).

Looks like we might be better off playing JET or Mackie out of position until he has bedded in a bit more or we actually sign a proper striker.

I just think that, like the rest of the squad, he is behind on his season preparations, add to that a new club/league/country etc. it will take time. I actually can see him and Chery building up a decent rapport as both are clever players and would've been schooled in not too dis-similar ways.
I had the feeling that Les saw JET as a potential 'New Les', he can play up top, out wide or in his favoured no.10 role.
I probably, stupidly, think that when Austin goes, we will get someone in pretty sharpish.... Although I can see that being Carlton Cole.
polter on 17:03 - Jul 27 with 3566 viewsNorthernr

He looked crap, but you can't judge him on that. I think he got a bang early doors, he was certainly hobbling around and didn't look comfortable. Atrocious conditions, new team, pre-season etc etc can't really judge him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024