Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP story - Guardian 16:48 - Aug 18 with 3781 viewsloftus77

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/18/qpr-fine-financial-fair-play-8m

IF true, good news (of sorts).
FFP story - Guardian on 16:55 - Aug 18 with 3719 views18StoneOfHoop

Whoop!..whoop!

I never doubted it for a second.
#StayCalmAndCarryOn
#SirLesAtTheNewMoreRealisticSensibleControls

[Post edited 18 Aug 2015 17:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

FFP story - Guardian on 16:59 - Aug 18 with 3662 viewsheadhoops

Whatever the amount and £8m is a lot lower than many would have expected it will be good to get this issue done and dusted.

Would they take Sandro in a part-ex?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

FFP story - Guardian on 17:10 - Aug 18 with 3533 viewsadhoc_qpr

That would seem to be the best case scenario if true.

£8m is obviously still a lot of money, but given the likely profit on player sales this window it's much more manageable.
FFP story - Guardian on 17:15 - Aug 18 with 3488 viewsElHoop

The Football League has probably saved us more than that by forcing us to reduce wages, so this isn't a bad result for us or the League if it is true.
FFP story - Guardian on 17:30 - Aug 18 with 3396 viewsadhoc_qpr

FFP story - Guardian on 17:15 - Aug 18 by ElHoop

The Football League has probably saved us more than that by forcing us to reduce wages, so this isn't a bad result for us or the League if it is true.

Unless we slide straight through the Championship into League One...
FFP story - Guardian on 17:30 - Aug 18 with 3394 viewsSimonJames

...just so long as they don't throw in a 15 points deduction to go with it.

100% of people who drink water will die.

FFP story - Guardian on 17:32 - Aug 18 with 3370 viewshoof_hearted

FFP story - Guardian on 17:30 - Aug 18 by adhoc_qpr

Unless we slide straight through the Championship into League One...

The losses of a reasonably well run league one club are peanuts compared to the losses of an amateurish premier league club. That's the idea!
FFP story - Guardian on 17:33 - Aug 18 with 3355 viewsTheBlob

It could have been fukkall if someone had the bottle to contest it in the courts.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

FFP story - Guardian on 17:33 - Aug 18 with 3357 viewsGetMeRangers

A similar story circulated around a week ago. Clive seemed to feel that it may not even be as high as this

FFP story - Guardian on 17:43 - Aug 18 with 3275 viewsSomersetHoops

FFP story - Guardian on 17:33 - Aug 18 by TheBlob

It could have been fukkall if someone had the bottle to contest it in the courts.

And that would probably cost several million in lawyers fees and roll on for ever with no guarantee of a better result. If we have to pay roughly this level of fine, or hopefully less, to get this resolved then perhaps now is the time to do it.

Who's Next?

FFP story - Guardian on 17:43 - Aug 18 with 3274 viewsterryb

Isn't this the amount we were due to pay from the published accounts?
FFP story - Guardian on 17:47 - Aug 18 with 3233 viewsTheBlob

FFP story - Guardian on 17:43 - Aug 18 by SomersetHoops

And that would probably cost several million in lawyers fees and roll on for ever with no guarantee of a better result. If we have to pay roughly this level of fine, or hopefully less, to get this resolved then perhaps now is the time to do it.

Not if you cop costs from the other side,and you could.They've bluffed eight million quid out of the club.Ah well,it ain't my dosh.

FFP story - Guardian on 18:15 - Aug 18 with 3141 viewsJuzzie

With so much money in the game and such huge player salaries, we've become so used to it all it's amazing how £8m is now seen as a snip.

- Figures of a £56m frine were banded around
- We got fined a League record £1m over the Faurlin situation
- we were shitting ourselves over a £10m loan 10 years ago

It's a bit like the (urban myth probably) story of the girl who wrote to her parents saying she was pregnant, got kicked out of her home, lost her job and a whole host of other tragedies then at the end of the letter actually saying it was all made up and she'd failed her University exams. By the time her parents read that, they were too relieved to care.
FFP story - Guardian on 18:17 - Aug 18 with 3129 viewsjohncharles

We'll be doing the League a big favour by paying a token fine. It's still 8 million quid they are copping off us for nothing.

Strong and stable my arse.

FFP story - Guardian on 18:25 - Aug 18 with 3099 viewsE17hoop

FFP story - Guardian on 17:47 - Aug 18 by TheBlob

Not if you cop costs from the other side,and you could.They've bluffed eight million quid out of the club.Ah well,it ain't my dosh.

It wasn't due to be heard in court - it was a FL tribunal and costs might have been allocated anywhere. Sounds like a negotiated deal through arbitration that suits both parties.

Keen to see the FL spin around it as there were a number of clubs banned from trading players who won't be happy.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

FFP story - Guardian on 18:34 - Aug 18 with 3045 viewsJigsore

SoG will be gutted

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

FFP story - Guardian on 18:59 - Aug 18 with 2924 views18StoneOfHoop

FFP story - Guardian on 18:34 - Aug 18 by Jigsore

SoG will be gutted

...and Rod Liddle.

First 0-4 at home to Cov and now this.

I really,really,really,really...most sincerely,100% genuinely ..feel sorry for him.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

FFP story - Guardian on 19:09 - Aug 18 with 2863 viewsTheBlob

FFP story - Guardian on 18:25 - Aug 18 by E17hoop

It wasn't due to be heard in court - it was a FL tribunal and costs might have been allocated anywhere. Sounds like a negotiated deal through arbitration that suits both parties.

Keen to see the FL spin around it as there were a number of clubs banned from trading players who won't be happy.

Sod the tribunal - it's international law that's relevant,restraint of trade,you can appeal this right to the top if you wanted.
Anyway,if the club are happy then who are we to argue?

FFP story - Guardian on 19:19 - Aug 18 with 2818 viewsE17hoop

It was a FL arbitration hearing - if we'd been unhappy, the escalation would have been through the courts on the basis suggested.

Chances are, we have access to more expensive lawyers than the FL, so they've decided to cut their losses on legal fees now.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

FFP story - Guardian on 19:36 - Aug 18 with 2748 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Good newsif true but I'll wait to sit and dance till its done. Keeping a sneaky pair of crossed fingers that NorthernR wins a bet on this also!
FFP story - Guardian on 19:43 - Aug 18 with 2723 viewsconnell10

FFP story - Guardian on 18:59 - Aug 18 by 18StoneOfHoop

...and Rod Liddle.

First 0-4 at home to Cov and now this.

I really,really,really,really...most sincerely,100% genuinely ..feel sorry for him.

Hello mate, was you sitting at the back of the upper loft in MU on saturday, sporting a rather snazzy yellow hi-vis waistcoat with 18stone written on the back , with a black rangers beanie to top off the mad dustman look?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024