Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? 06:41 - Nov 5 with 1528 viewsstuabd

We've done:

Young and up and coming - Dowie

The old school 'my way or the highway' type - Big Jim

The people's favourite man manager extraordinaire - Harry

The master tactician, modern manager - Hughes

The affable, stylish Italian - Di Canio

The coaches' coach - Ramsey

The football icon - Sousa

The championship expert - Warnock

What about a little known Scandinavian manager with an amazing record of getting the most out of his meagre resources? 3 promotions on the trot. Great bloke and likes a beer.

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 06:54 - Nov 5 with 1506 viewsSeasideranger

How about we really shock and appoint the first female manager.....easy on the eye n a hit with the tefs!
Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 06:56 - Nov 5 with 1501 viewsdaveB

It's almost as if the manager isn't the problem
Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:27 - Nov 5 with 1426 viewsCiderwithRsie

We could try:

The posh-but-hard-as-nails manager - General Sir Brian Horrocks with the Guards Armoured Division as his backroom staff.

The bloodthirsty psychopath - Erik Bloodaxe

The totally inert - a poached egg.

As the first two candidates are dead the smart money will be on the egg. And if it doesn't work out we can always eat it.
Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:42 - Nov 5 with 1393 viewshopphoops

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:27 - Nov 5 by CiderwithRsie

We could try:

The posh-but-hard-as-nails manager - General Sir Brian Horrocks with the Guards Armoured Division as his backroom staff.

The bloodthirsty psychopath - Erik Bloodaxe

The totally inert - a poached egg.

As the first two candidates are dead the smart money will be on the egg. And if it doesn't work out we can always eat it.

My dad fought in that division, got as far as Eindhoven before his tank got blown up.

Horrocks zipping up to LR in his jeep five minutes before the off would be ace. "All ready to go chaps? Good, then give'em hell."

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:47 - Nov 5 with 1385 viewsKonk

What about an unhinged German oddbod with a tendency to make eight changes every week. Five different keepers in eighteen games — that sort of thing.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:52 - Nov 5 with 1376 viewsCiderwithRsie

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:42 - Nov 5 by hopphoops

My dad fought in that division, got as far as Eindhoven before his tank got blown up.

Horrocks zipping up to LR in his jeep five minutes before the off would be ace. "All ready to go chaps? Good, then give'em hell."

I hope and presume your dad made it out of the tank!

I think Horrocks was a West London boy too - certainly Middx Regt. And in the British Olympic team too I believe. Missed opportunity by the club really.
Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:09 - Nov 5 with 1354 viewsDorse

How about a Virtual Manager selected from a round robin Champ Manager tournament?

We've never had a lesbian manager so that could be an option. Maybe one with short hair and an extensive range of lightweight banter?

With that in mind, we could get Alan Sugar to do an Apprentice-style competition. 'You cost me money, lost the challenge and pissed off the customers. You're rude, smell funny and have terrible dress sense. Claude reckons you're a kunt and Karen says you tried to grope her in the lift. But I'm going to go with my gut. John Terry, you're hired'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:12 - Nov 5 with 1345 viewsbaz_qpr

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 06:56 - Nov 5 by daveB

It's almost as if the manager isn't the problem

two of those got promotion though
Login to get fewer ads

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:15 - Nov 5 with 1337 viewsJonDoeman

We haven't tried a psychopath yet .

It Is What It Is !!

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:16 - Nov 5 with 1334 viewslondonscottish

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:47 - Nov 5 by Konk

What about an unhinged German oddbod with a tendency to make eight changes every week. Five different keepers in eighteen games — that sort of thing.

Yeah but I'd only take a manager like that on if he believes in either homeopathy or folk medicine. Otherwise it won't work.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:28 - Nov 5 with 1308 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:35 - Nov 5 with 1278 viewsjoolsyp

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:15 - Nov 5 by JonDoeman

We haven't tried a psychopath yet .

http://cl.ly/image/2n3X1u141P1F
Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:36 - Nov 5 with 1275 viewsKonk

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:16 - Nov 5 by londonscottish

Yeah but I'd only take a manager like that on if he believes in either homeopathy or folk medicine. Otherwise it won't work.

It's funny you should say that, because I happen to know that right now, there's a Bundesliga-winning German oddbod looking for a new job, and get this: he believes in the power of cheese to cure injuries...as long as you're talking to your Mum on the phone at the same time. Interested?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 09:42 - Nov 5 with 1255 viewsaston_hoop

Can we just do away with a manager altogether? It doesn't seem to be working for us anyway and would give us one less person to moan about. Whoever in the squad is best at fighting should decide that he is the captain and then pick 10 people to play with him playground style. Then he can put himself up front and everyone else can run around aimlessly trying to score. Thats entertainment.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 10:04 - Nov 5 with 1211 viewshopphoops

Managers - what kind of manager haven't we tried? on 08:52 - Nov 5 by CiderwithRsie

I hope and presume your dad made it out of the tank!

I think Horrocks was a West London boy too - certainly Middx Regt. And in the British Olympic team too I believe. Missed opportunity by the club really.

Yes thank you Rsie! Via the Guinea Pig club as a rare non-RAF member, lived another 60 years.

His tank regiment was Yorkshire-based, but the infantry men hitching a ride on them that day were from the Herefordshire Regiment. When my parents retired there in the 80s my dad discovered that half the local British Legion members had been in the same field that day.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024