Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games 18:37 - Jan 7 with 14466 viewsHarbour

Thread from West London Sport.....lets start playing Smithies

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-consider-making-green-available-for-move

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 23:08 - Jan 8 with 3053 viewsNorthernr

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 17:47 - Jan 8 by SuffolkHoop

"Green did try to secure a move last summer and held talks with West Ham, only for talks to collapse."

How hard was he trying? Did he lower his wage demands?

The talks went about as far as West Ham asking Green what he was earning currently and Green telling them.

Same way we ended up with him in the first place. West Ham wanted him to stay, offered him what they felt he was worth, QPR arrived offering more than twice as much, so he left. West Ham took the money and spent it on a better goalkeeper.

It's a consistent problem for us, trying to get rid of players. None of the reasons for it reflect well on us - they either won't pass medicals elsewhere, aren't very good, are decent but have contracts expiring soon, or are paid vastly more here than they're ever possibly worth so don't want to go anywhere else.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 02:27 - Jan 9 with 2962 viewsisawqpratwcity

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 23:08 - Jan 8 by Northernr

The talks went about as far as West Ham asking Green what he was earning currently and Green telling them.

Same way we ended up with him in the first place. West Ham wanted him to stay, offered him what they felt he was worth, QPR arrived offering more than twice as much, so he left. West Ham took the money and spent it on a better goalkeeper.

It's a consistent problem for us, trying to get rid of players. None of the reasons for it reflect well on us - they either won't pass medicals elsewhere, aren't very good, are decent but have contracts expiring soon, or are paid vastly more here than they're ever possibly worth so don't want to go anywhere else.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That last paragraph is so true. It's why we will never beat FFP this season: way too many overpaid players we haven't got a hope of getting rid of.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 02:42 - Jan 9 with 2956 viewsPunteR

How do we get good players signing for us? The only incentive seems to be money but we haven't got that anymore.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 04:46 - Jan 9 with 2936 viewskarl

To back up Neil i can vouch from a travel point of view how some players may not perform away from home from my lowly level of football. I get travel sickness on boats, planes and coaches so when travelling to play for Orkney it always caused me problems (if we had overnight stays prior to games like the pros this alleviated most of my problems) and i know of many fellow players who were the same. I can remember only a small percentage of away games where i played to a high standard (on my level) and i'm sure there must be similar in the pro ranks.
As Neil says clubs should be doing their due diligence and monitoring who they are signing and at the very least reflecting this in their contracts.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 07:49 - Jan 9 with 2914 viewsdistortR

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 04:46 - Jan 9 by karl

To back up Neil i can vouch from a travel point of view how some players may not perform away from home from my lowly level of football. I get travel sickness on boats, planes and coaches so when travelling to play for Orkney it always caused me problems (if we had overnight stays prior to games like the pros this alleviated most of my problems) and i know of many fellow players who were the same. I can remember only a small percentage of away games where i played to a high standard (on my level) and i'm sure there must be similar in the pro ranks.
As Neil says clubs should be doing their due diligence and monitoring who they are signing and at the very least reflecting this in their contracts.

Mate, you select me, the why's, the when's the how's of how I get there will have no bearing on my performance - you know exactly what you' ll get......
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 13:35 - Jan 9 with 2834 viewsterryb

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 02:42 - Jan 9 by PunteR

How do we get good players signing for us? The only incentive seems to be money but we haven't got that anymore.

But are they good players? Are they players that care? Are they players playing on reputation & regard us as below their ability?

Or do they just "Give me the money"?

Set your sights accordingly & sign players for less. Reaping the reward that they actually care!

This is not aimed at any of our 15-16 signings. Even the two full backs can't be damned for not trying.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 14:12 - Jan 9 with 2816 viewsJonDoeman

Now Smithies has got a sore elbow ? Not having this bloke, shit signing .

It Is What It Is !!

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 17:46 - Jan 9 with 2748 viewsJonDoeman

An accident prone, injury prone, nervous keeper. Shit signing.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:02 - Jan 9 with 2711 viewsJamie

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 14:12 - Jan 9 by JonDoeman

I'm embarrassed for you Jon.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:12 - Jan 9 with 2690 viewsJonDoeman

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:02 - Jan 9 by Jamie

I'm embarrassed for you Jon.

Poor lad can't catch a break eh Jamie!

It Is What It Is !!

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:34 - Jan 9 with 2655 viewsWatford_Ranger

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 14:12 - Jan 9 by JonDoeman

He's played 1 1/2 games !
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:57 - Jan 9 with 2629 viewsJonDoeman

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:34 - Jan 9 by Watford_Ranger

He's played 1 1/2 games !

And didn't impress! Not impressed with a reserve keeper being injured when he's needed either. Bit of a weakling, going to need replacing.

It Is What It Is !!

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:24 - Jan 10 with 2502 viewsNorthernr

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:57 - Jan 9 by JonDoeman

And didn't impress! Not impressed with a reserve keeper being injured when he's needed either. Bit of a weakling, going to need replacing.

FFS Jon turn it in.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:28 - Jan 10 with 2495 viewsGloucs_R

This board gets more embarrassing by the day.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 10:30 - Jan 10 with 2492 viewsNorthernr

If Smithies has a serious knock (I suspect he'll play Tuesday TBH) then it is another fine mess we've worked ourselves into isn't it?
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 14:11 - Jan 10 with 2411 viewsWatford_Ranger

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:57 - Jan 9 by JonDoeman

I'd rather focus on the fact the bloke has a couple of hundred appearances at 25, young for a goalkeeper. That suggests he's not a "weakling" while being injured on one day suggests fck all.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:38 - Jan 17 with 2241 viewsJamie

Whisper going around is that Palace want Green to take over from Hennessey as Speroni's back up and that McCarthy may well be coming back on loan.
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:00 - Jan 17 with 2187 viewsBluce_Ree

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:38 - Jan 17 by Jamie

Whisper going around is that Palace want Green to take over from Hennessey as Speroni's back up and that McCarthy may well be coming back on loan.

Christ. McCarthy's been dogshit for them.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 19:05 - Jan 17 with 2176 viewsGloucs_R

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 18:38 - Jan 17 by Jamie

McCarthy rejected the move back to Rangers.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 20:25 - Jan 17 with 2068 viewsderbyhoop

Smithies started, Lumley on bench. How many more appearances will Rob Green make for us? I've got too many fingers on one hand to count accurately.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 15:46 - Jan 18 with 1883 viewsibnumber10

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/635760/Liverpool-transfer-news-Jurgen-Kl

Lets hope they come in for Traore next!
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 15:53 - Jan 18 with 1863 viewsPommyhoop

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 15:46 - Jan 18 by ibnumber10

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/635760/Liverpool-transfer-news-Jurgen-Kl

Lets hope they come in for Traore next!

Klopps gonna play Greeno on the wing to feed his new striker .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 16:03 - Jan 18 with 1831 viewsibnumber10

Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 15:53 - Jan 18 by Pommyhoop

Klopps gonna play Greeno on the wing to feed his new striker .

It's all part of Jurgen 'Cy-Klopps' Myopic vision
Green Contract extension if he plays 30 Games on 16:20 - Jan 18 with 1780 viewsBklynRanger

I don't know what kind of dirt Les has got on Klopp but it's obviously filthy, filthy stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024