Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? 13:06 - Mar 14 with 8697 viewsloftboy

I'm out, sound like a coward,maybe, but Jesus there's a lot of different factions with a point to prove.
RIP to those who have died
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 13:08]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 16:43 - Mar 14 with 3264 viewsoddball

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 16:15 - Mar 14 by TheBlob

My bruv's partner has a small villa in Bodrum,she organises painting holidays.Practically all of the regular punters have cancelled.Probably don't want to do lightning sketches of "Man With Beard And Kalashnikov".

been going with the ex misses to gumbet/bodrum for the last ten years. loved every minute that i was there.beautiful part of turkey made some good turkish friends out there, feel really sorry for them if people stop going as they rely so much on tourism.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 16:55 - Mar 14 with 3249 viewsFearless

Going to Istanbul with a mate for a few days at end of April.

The missus doesn't want me to go, but I said would she have not gone to Paris/Madrid etc.
Worked in London for most of the last 30 years and was in st Pauls on 7/7.

So, really looking forward to it, as everyone tells me it's amazing.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 17:08 - Mar 14 with 3220 viewsqprphil

If you are going to Istanbul, then I would maybe think twice. If you are going coastal, then I don't for see any problems at all.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 19:50 - Mar 14 with 3139 viewsbaz_qpr

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 17:08 - Mar 14 by qprphil

If you are going to Istanbul, then I would maybe think twice. If you are going coastal, then I don't for see any problems at all.

Istanbul is enormous and one of the worlds great cities, you've more chance of dying in a plane crash or being struck by lightning than being killed by a terrorist attack
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 19:53 - Mar 14 with 3130 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes Antalyan and the Coast along to Marmaris should be fine - and there could well be bargains, bookings are quiet - I can highly recommend Kalkan to the east of Fetiye.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 23:03 - Mar 14 with 3032 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Slight change of subject.

Anyone remember the film Midnight Express?
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 23:22 - Mar 14 with 3009 viewsTacticalR

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 23:03 - Mar 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Slight change of subject.

Anyone remember the film Midnight Express?

Air hostess clique

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 04:24 - Mar 15 with 2962 viewsBlackCrowe

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 16:55 - Mar 14 by Fearless

The missus doesn't want me to go, but I said would she have not gone to Paris/Madrid etc.

You'll love it. Top tip, get a late afternoon ferry to Ortakoy district (15 mins ride across the bosphorus) and have a sundowner drink or two followed by dinner at one of the waterside restaurants.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 08:54 - Mar 15 with 2903 views1MoreBrightonR

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 13:46 - Mar 14 by BromleyHoop

I suppose if you've never been before now is the time to go before the country decends into something approaching a civil war with its Kurdish population.
I wouldn't go on holiday to any Muslim country.

Odd statement...loads of Muslim countries are way way safer than the uk. There is a huge variation in countries and issues or lack of them in some...grouping them together makes no sense.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 09:37 - Mar 15 with 2875 viewsqprphil

My son is married to a Turkish girl, her parents live in Istanbul. They are not to happy with the situation at the moment, so are going to move out to stay in there summer house in Izmir, as they have that choice. But they say they have more chance of being knocked over than being hit by terrorists. Istanbul is massive, so many people, it makes London look like a village.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 21:26 - Mar 15 with 2766 viewsQPRMUSO

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 13:46 - Mar 14 by BromleyHoop

I suppose if you've never been before now is the time to go before the country decends into something approaching a civil war with its Kurdish population.
I wouldn't go on holiday to any Muslim country.

With you on that, for what's happe I will never go on holiday to a Muslim country now, plenty more delights in the World to see.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 21:35 - Mar 15 with 2759 viewssotonsuperhoop

We visit Yalikavak, Bitez, Gumbet regularly and its always a cracking time, cheap as chips or boutique prices whichever you want, on the west coast opposite the Greek Islands so opposite end of Turkey to the problems, recommend it
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 13:08 - Mar 19 with 2639 viewsBluce_Ree

Yeah F*CK going to Turkey any time soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35850625

Lot's of #prayforturkey shit out there in social media land. I'm pretty sure praying is part of the problem. Steer well clear.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 14:06 - Mar 19 with 2617 viewsBromleyHoop

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 08:54 - Mar 15 by 1MoreBrightonR

Odd statement...loads of Muslim countries are way way safer than the uk. There is a huge variation in countries and issues or lack of them in some...grouping them together makes no sense.

How is that an odd statement? I'm saying that I wouldn't go on holiday to any Muslim country. That's my opinion and my choice...it's not odd at all.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 14:23 - Mar 19 with 2606 viewsthairanger

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 14:03 - Mar 14 by thame_hoops

has anyone else noticed holidays seem to be really expensive this year? Wondering if its because of the problems in Sharm, Tunisia, turkey etc is putting prices up to spain/portugal.

thats a sure factor
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 11:25 - Mar 20 with 2510 viewsFearless

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 16:55 - Mar 14 by Fearless

My German mate I was meeting in Istanbul is having severe second thoughts.
Apparently the German consulate had some grave concerns last week that were downplayed by their turkey counterparts - and now the suicide bombing yesterday has increased their concerns.

He wants to go somewhere else now.

We'll see.
I think the German FO are giving more cautious advice than is currently available in the UK:
Correct as at 20/03

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to within 10 km of the border with Syria and to the city of Diyarbakir.

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

the remaining areas of Sirnak, Mardin, Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Diyarbakir, Kilis and Hatay provinces
Siirt, Tunceli and Hakkari
Security force operations against the PKK and related groups are ongoing in the Sur district of Diyarbakir. The FCO advise against all travel to the city of Diyarbakir. Similar operations have taken place in Sirnak and Hakkari. You should take extreme care in these areas. See Safety and security
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 12:05 - Mar 20 with 2480 viewsTacticalR

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 19:50 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

Istanbul is enormous and one of the worlds great cities, you've more chance of dying in a plane crash or being struck by lightning than being killed by a terrorist attack

This is the great thing about adventure holidays - you have so many choices.

Air hostess clique

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 22:00 - Mar 20 with 2406 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The spirit of Lawrence, Rhodes, and Stanley is well alive on this forum I see.
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 22:12 - Mar 20 with 2387 viewsQPRDave

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 14:06 - Mar 19 by BromleyHoop

How is that an odd statement? I'm saying that I wouldn't go on holiday to any Muslim country. That's my opinion and my choice...it's not odd at all.

And one I agree with mate.......neither would I
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 10:34 - Mar 21 with 2326 viewsaston_hoop

At least flying to Turkey you get to avoid French airspace! Bloody flight cancelled home from Germany to Spain last night, absolute chaos! For what its worth, Turkey is a wonderful country and I certainly wouldn't be avoiding it despite a few nutters. I used to do a lot of work south of Istanbul around Pendik and Tuzla, very nice people and the food can be absolutely wonderful.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 11:19 - Mar 21 with 2291 viewsTheBlob

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 22:00 - Mar 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

The spirit of Lawrence, Rhodes, and Stanley is well alive on this forum I see.

And Sir Richard Francis Burton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton

Poll: So how was the season for you?

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 16:33 - Mar 21 with 2207 viewsBrightonhoop

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 10:34 - Mar 21 by aston_hoop

At least flying to Turkey you get to avoid French airspace! Bloody flight cancelled home from Germany to Spain last night, absolute chaos! For what its worth, Turkey is a wonderful country and I certainly wouldn't be avoiding it despite a few nutters. I used to do a lot of work south of Istanbul around Pendik and Tuzla, very nice people and the food can be absolutely wonderful.

Dont know if it was Ryanair Aston, but many have said you cannot claim against Air Traffic strikes, apprently according to this you can claim back up to almost £500....if you need to.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays
would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 07:50 - Mar 22 with 2117 viewsaston_hoop

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 16:33 - Mar 21 by Brightonhoop

Dont know if it was Ryanair Aston, but many have said you cannot claim against Air Traffic strikes, apprently according to this you can claim back up to almost £500....if you need to.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays

Yep certainly was Ryanair, cheers for that. Got the flight refunded obviously but hoping for something more for the inconvenience, no harm in trying!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 09:06 - Mar 22 with 2084 viewsBluce_Ree

would you book a holiday to Turkey right now? on 12:05 - Mar 20 by TacticalR

This is the great thing about adventure holidays - you have so many choices.

Post of the week.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024