Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shittu- 2 pros in a pod 15:06 - Mar 15 with 4256 viewsmcqpr10

Interesting listening to Shittu and Bean on the podcast. Shittu has a clear love for QPR and was so excited when talking about some of the old times. Laughed about winning the Ibiza cup, and sneaking out the fire exit to have a night out. How he got into Earnshaw's head in the play off final and his partnership with Carlisle. Also, about the special bond the fans and players had and called it a family. Amazing times despite us being skint in div 2.

One sad part was the breakdown in his relationship with Holloway at Milwall. Bean sounded genuinely shocked, as during his time at QPR they called him
'son of Holloway'. Anyone shed any light on what happened?
Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 15:27 - Mar 15 with 4195 views18StoneOfHoop

Sounds great - have you got the link, mcqpr10

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 15:34 - Mar 15 with 4174 viewsmcqpr10

https://soundcloud.com/twoprosinapod

It's in the second half of the show, the first half is a terrible listen!
Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 15:49 - Mar 15 with 4125 viewsPlanetHonneywood

In 2005 a good friend and fellow QPR supporter was sadly dying of cancer.

Through a spurious connection, I got in contact with Danny Shittu and next thing I know, the big man is picking me up and we head over to the hospital to see my mate. Also in the car, were Messrs Bignot, Bean and Rose.

Extremely proud and touching moment walking on to a hospital ward housing a lot of lads with terminal illnesses as they all recognised four QPR players coming to visit Frank.

Stayed for an hour and happily chatted to Frank and it meant an awful lot to him, because he knew he wasn't going to another QPR game and they effectively came to him.

About a week or so later, we hastily arranged a wedding for Frank and his long term partner and fellow Rfosi, Alison. During his best man's speech, Frank's brother halted proceedings, wheeled out a huge TV screen, as QPR sent a short film wishing the happy couple well...not a dry eye in the house.

Sadly, we buried Frank a few weeks after the wedding. His exact resting place is under the goal at the Loft.

That was QPR of that period. The bond between club-players-fans was something we've never had since and maybe, we never will again and it merely goes to show, money doesn't buy class or commitment.

When we're under the cosh at HQ, I still utter to my mate "FFS, Frank you're near the goal, put one in will ya!"

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 15:52 - Mar 15 with 4111 viewspaulparker

Loved Shittu , one of our most important signings in the dark days, well done the Wintons
the only thing I couldn't understand is that he should have scored more from set pieces the man was a beast ,
I remember the story of the night we lost the play off final and he wouldn't come out of his hotel room, the players and club officials were having a drink/disco but big dan thought he had let everyone down , (due to the goal) and didn't think he should show his face
thinking back I don't think we will ever have the unity again of Olly, Birch, Kev, Day, Bignot, Rowlands, Shittu, Palmer , Ainsworth & cook , special times indeed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 16:20 - Mar 15 with 4047 viewsHayesender

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 15:49 - Mar 15 by PlanetHonneywood

Through a spurious connection, I got in contact with Danny Shittu and next thing I know, the big man is picking me up and we head over to the hospital to see my mate. Also in the car, were Messrs Bignot, Bean and Rose.

Extremely proud and touching moment walking on to a hospital ward housing a lot of lads with terminal illnesses as they all recognised four QPR players coming to visit Frank.

Stayed for an hour and happily chatted to Frank and it meant an awful lot to him, because he knew he wasn't going to another QPR game and they effectively came to him.

About a week or so later, we hastily arranged a wedding for Frank and his long term partner and fellow Rfosi, Alison. During his best man's speech, Frank's brother halted proceedings, wheeled out a huge TV screen, as QPR sent a short film wishing the happy couple well...not a dry eye in the house.

Sadly, we buried Frank a few weeks after the wedding. His exact resting place is under the goal at the Loft.

That was QPR of that period. The bond between club-players-fans was something we've never had since and maybe, we never will again and it merely goes to show, money doesn't buy class or commitment.

When we're under the cosh at HQ, I still utter to my mate "FFS, Frank you're near the goal, put one in will ya!"

What a fantastic post. Made me well up and smile at the same time

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 16:49 - Mar 15 with 3974 views18StoneOfHoop

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 16:20 - Mar 15 by Hayesender

What a fantastic post. Made me well up and smile at the same time

Well put,Hayesender.

One of the best posts I've ever seen on LFW, from John Honney.

That is the club at it's best.

All I would add is when you see what strenuous,sterling efforts the likes of Ian J Taylor and the current backroom bods are making now for fans such as run-over every-game-man Alan Barnes and
former players fallen on hard times (e.g. Stan,of course,and Dave Thomas with his failing eyesight) - under this regime a still-alive Alec Stock would never have been so shabbily honoured and treated - should be applauded and not just held up as inferior to that wonderful unrepeatable Olly era where management players and and fans had such unique togetherness and unity.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2016 17:01]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 17:48 - Mar 15 with 3839 viewsLblock

Immense. Just simply immense.

When people say to me when I'm moaning, "would you rather we were skint again?" My answer is always that yes I would, kind of, and a certain time.

That one club one love mentality we had a was the envy of many a fan of richer more successful clubs I can vouch for.

That was a story that epitomises then

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 18:03 - Mar 15 with 3800 viewsterryb

Thank you planethonneywood.

What a wonderful story. I'm sure I'm not the only one that had eyes that watered when they read this.

It was a great time to be a Rangers man. In many ways, it was like supporting your local non-league team where every player, every official & every fan knew each other. I have never felt prouder of my club than I did in those days!
Login to get fewer ads

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 19:21 - Mar 15 with 3667 viewsHollowayRanger

I know we had better players and managers and played v better teams

but the Holloway era was my favourite the manager the players the fans all together

those were magical times how many last minute winners and great comebacks ,evry player seemed to have a song or nickname

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 3496 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

read that with a tear in my eye, what a story, thanks for sharing.
Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 22:27 - Mar 15 with 3400 viewszicoshoops

Interesting what big Dan said about the playoff final and Earnshaw.

A few days after that Final, a mate of mine said that Cardiff won it when they took Earnshaw off.
Wasn't that the season when Earnshaw stuck 3 past us at H/Q on a Friday night? (I might be wrong)

Anyway, my mate said did you you see the reaction from big Dan and Carlisle when Cardiff took Earnshaw off?
Congratulated each other....and it was like Job done.
Then the sub comes on, (Campbell?) and nicks it for them.

Never really looked at it like that, but interesting to hear Dan's thoughts.

2003?
Christ.....I was in my pomp.
Or was that the 70's.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
Shittu- 2 pros in a pod on 10:27 - Mar 16 with 3169 viewsPeterHucker

Shittu's a great bloke.
When we played away at Plymouth, me & the Mrs stayed in a B&B near Plymouth Hoe.
It turned out that the QPR squad were staying in a hotel very nearby.
We didn't know that until the Saturday morning, when we went out for a walk by the sea and we bumped into them.
Had quite a long chat with Holloway and a few of the others including Shittu.
A couple of months later I happened to be outside the ground at Blackpool as the players were getting off the coach. Shittu clocked me and came over to shake my hand. He even remembered my name.
It's a little thing but it summed up the club at that time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024