Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA women's team demand equal pay! 00:19 - Apr 1 with 20889 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35937077

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 00:18 - Apr 4 with 1604 viewsHollowayRanger

Im all for it pay them pay them!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:40 - Apr 4 with 1549 viewssimmo

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:18 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

Couldn't give a toss about Hurling but I do know that it isn't played in a bubble where the laws of physics are ignored.

I clearly know more about BASIC biology.

You continue to stand on the side of ridiculousness asserting that there aren't clear and obvious and scientifically proven physical differences between the sexes.

I beg you to find one shred of evidence. One scientist agreeing with you.

And I'm the know it all. INSANITY.

You're a mental.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:23 - Apr 4 with 1529 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:40 - Apr 4 by simmo

You're a mental.

I'm proud to wear that label when its presented by this board. There have been some stupid arguments I've had on here (which nobody ever likes to mention because ooooops turns out he was right....again) but women and men not having physical differences.......WOW

Poll: Who should be our left back?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 12:51 - Apr 4 with 1496 viewskensalriser

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:23 - Apr 4 by Mvpeter

I'm proud to wear that label when its presented by this board. There have been some stupid arguments I've had on here (which nobody ever likes to mention because ooooops turns out he was right....again) but women and men not having physical differences.......WOW

But of course no one was ever actually making that argument, you made it up yourself and then had at it. Among other pearlers you've produced, I particularly liked the denial of something you'd said that was actually quoted in your reply!

You're a hoot.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 12:51]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 13:28 - Apr 4 with 1472 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 12:51 - Apr 4 by kensalriser

But of course no one was ever actually making that argument, you made it up yourself and then had at it. Among other pearlers you've produced, I particularly liked the denial of something you'd said that was actually quoted in your reply!

You're a hoot.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 12:51]

Actually several have on this thread, repeatedly.

'Society tells us women are inferior = people deride female sports = don't get the same support to improve = people justifying the original position'

'I said the same physical levels i.e. they are now just as fit, which wasn't always the case. Fitness in the G.A.A. is coached in three components - speed, stamina and strength'

Don't bring this nonsense revisionism to me. Quite clearly they did make that argument.

'I particularly liked the denial of something you'd said that was actually quoted in your reply! '

Yes we can all make vague claims alluding to foolish statements that others have supposedly made. They don't actually mean anything though.

I may be a hoot but I can defend my positions with logic and reason not reality denial.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:36 - Apr 4 with 1454 viewssimmo

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:23 - Apr 4 by Mvpeter

(which nobody ever likes to mention because ooooops turns out he was right....again)

Pure Brent.

Have you thought about looking for a new crowd of people that would suit your level of superior intellect rather than constantly having to argue with us idiots? Perhaps you could start in a hall of mirrors.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:46 - Apr 4 with 1444 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 13:28 - Apr 4 by Mvpeter

Actually several have on this thread, repeatedly.

'Society tells us women are inferior = people deride female sports = don't get the same support to improve = people justifying the original position'

'I said the same physical levels i.e. they are now just as fit, which wasn't always the case. Fitness in the G.A.A. is coached in three components - speed, stamina and strength'

Don't bring this nonsense revisionism to me. Quite clearly they did make that argument.

'I particularly liked the denial of something you'd said that was actually quoted in your reply! '

Yes we can all make vague claims alluding to foolish statements that others have supposedly made. They don't actually mean anything though.

I may be a hoot but I can defend my positions with logic and reason not reality denial.

"women and men not having physical differences......." - you

is not the same as

"'I said the same physical levels i.e. they are now just as fit, which wasn't always the case. Fitness in the G.A.A. is coached in three components - speed, stamina and strength' " - me.

The facts I related applied only to a small sample of athletes. Your statement implies that people on here believe that the male gender and the female gender have no differences at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:20 - Apr 4 with 1430 viewskensalriser

Comedy gold!

I think I'd find more logic and reason at my local radical Islamist discussion group.

Login to get fewer ads

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:52 - Apr 4 with 1402 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:46 - Apr 4 by BrianMcCarthy

"women and men not having physical differences......." - you

is not the same as

"'I said the same physical levels i.e. they are now just as fit, which wasn't always the case. Fitness in the G.A.A. is coached in three components - speed, stamina and strength' " - me.

The facts I related applied only to a small sample of athletes. Your statement implies that people on here believe that the male gender and the female gender have no differences at all.

Obviously the physical differences I am referring to are implied to be the physical differences we were discussing.

You believe that these differences don't exist. 'In speed, stamina and strength.'

This is simply false. Which is why they play different games.

Whether people believe that there are no physical differences at all or that there are some differences but not in speed, stamina, strength, spatial awareness etc etc is equally absurd.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:53 - Apr 4 with 1401 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:20 - Apr 4 by kensalriser

Comedy gold!

I think I'd find more logic and reason at my local radical Islamist discussion group.

But evidently not from yourself. Which is why you make vague 'ha you're an idiot' statements with an aura of superiority but don't engage because that would be leaving your chin out.

How cowardly of you.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:05 - Apr 4 with 1395 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:52 - Apr 4 by Mvpeter

Obviously the physical differences I am referring to are implied to be the physical differences we were discussing.

You believe that these differences don't exist. 'In speed, stamina and strength.'

This is simply false. Which is why they play different games.

Whether people believe that there are no physical differences at all or that there are some differences but not in speed, stamina, strength, spatial awareness etc etc is equally absurd.

"You believe that these differences don't exist. 'In speed, stamina and strength."

No I don't. You are misquoting me every single time at this stage.

Read my posts again. I have said that in these particular tests on elite athletes men scored slightly higher in the strength component whereas women scored slightly higher in speed and stamina components.

I asked you whether a group of women could ever post comparable quantifiable results as a group of men, and you have already answered yes. Unless you're changing your mind you are now arguing not just with other posters but now with yourself.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 17:09]

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:06 - Apr 4 with 1394 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:36 - Apr 4 by simmo

(which nobody ever likes to mention because ooooops turns out he was right....again)

Pure Brent.

Have you thought about looking for a new crowd of people that would suit your level of superior intellect rather than constantly having to argue with us idiots? Perhaps you could start in a hall of mirrors.

Nobody ever likes to mention the record but it's not bad with hindsight.

I mean I was lying about Steve Gallen right? We shouldn't consider signing a right back in the summer right? Michael Harriman is the future isn't he! I was wrong that players were being picked by someone other than the coach for non-footballing reasons wasn't I? My avocation of a team including Polter, Smithies, Hall, Luongo and Chery from day one has been so foolish hasn't it? When they announced that we'd only lost £9.8m and I said rubbish it's more like £70m and everyone was saying 'oh what a know it all thinks he knows better than the club' I was sooooooo wrong. Henry makes more challenges and interceptions than Luongo and Faurlin does he? I'm off my rocker. Clearly.

You continue to call me a fool but with a bit of hindsight you'd see that was foolish.I have plenty of crowds. My regular crowd at football includes the highest qualified coach possible. He doesn't think these ideas are foolish so excuse me for not breaking down because you don't respect my opinion. It's not like I spend much time on here with the seemingly shrinking echo chamber is it?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:09 - Apr 4 with 1387 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:05 - Apr 4 by BrianMcCarthy

"You believe that these differences don't exist. 'In speed, stamina and strength."

No I don't. You are misquoting me every single time at this stage.

Read my posts again. I have said that in these particular tests on elite athletes men scored slightly higher in the strength component whereas women scored slightly higher in speed and stamina components.

I asked you whether a group of women could ever post comparable quantifiable results as a group of men, and you have already answered yes. Unless you're changing your mind you are now arguing not just with other posters but now with yourself.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 17:09]

And that is compete nonsense.

A hypothetical group could. A real world example that hasn't been specifically engineered would make such results highly unlikely and when compared to established science is more likely to be a failure in methodology, recording of information or other such reason.

Do you think the women would succeed in a mixed sport?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:13 - Apr 4 with 1382 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:09 - Apr 4 by Mvpeter

And that is compete nonsense.

A hypothetical group could. A real world example that hasn't been specifically engineered would make such results highly unlikely and when compared to established science is more likely to be a failure in methodology, recording of information or other such reason.

Do you think the women would succeed in a mixed sport?

The group weren't hypothetical, they were real. So how is that nonsense?

Second question - depends on the sport.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:22 - Apr 4 with 1368 viewssimmo

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:06 - Apr 4 by Mvpeter

Nobody ever likes to mention the record but it's not bad with hindsight.

I mean I was lying about Steve Gallen right? We shouldn't consider signing a right back in the summer right? Michael Harriman is the future isn't he! I was wrong that players were being picked by someone other than the coach for non-footballing reasons wasn't I? My avocation of a team including Polter, Smithies, Hall, Luongo and Chery from day one has been so foolish hasn't it? When they announced that we'd only lost £9.8m and I said rubbish it's more like £70m and everyone was saying 'oh what a know it all thinks he knows better than the club' I was sooooooo wrong. Henry makes more challenges and interceptions than Luongo and Faurlin does he? I'm off my rocker. Clearly.

You continue to call me a fool but with a bit of hindsight you'd see that was foolish.I have plenty of crowds. My regular crowd at football includes the highest qualified coach possible. He doesn't think these ideas are foolish so excuse me for not breaking down because you don't respect my opinion. It's not like I spend much time on here with the seemingly shrinking echo chamber is it?

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? WHEN DID I CALL YOU A FOOL?? I actually said that compared to you, we are all idiots. As evidenced by the above and how you're absolutely always right about everything. Although to be fair I could win most arguments if I also made up both sides.

SEEK HELP.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 17:25]

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:24 - Apr 4 with 1362 viewskensalriser

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:53 - Apr 4 by Mvpeter

But evidently not from yourself. Which is why you make vague 'ha you're an idiot' statements with an aura of superiority but don't engage because that would be leaving your chin out.

How cowardly of you.

Oh dear, looks like I'm busted!

Fair play to Brian, Simmo at al for continuing to engage you, but I don't see the value in attempting discussion with someone who moves the goalposts whenever it suits, distorts and misquotes what others are saying, denies saying things that are documented in the very same thread, and simply just makes shit up. You'd make a great politician, if you aren't one already.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024