Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit .... My thoughts... 11:07 - Jun 16 with 134086 viewsJacksDad

The one thing I am certain of re this vote is that no-one knows for sure what the repercussions economically will be if we pull out. If you listen to the experts it will be better if we stay in, however its all unconvincing. My issue is that after 10 years of Austerity, the services in this country have been cut to the bone, that is services that are needed by us all - not just Immigrants/benefit spongers. We are not in a position to afford the enormous gamble if it all goes t1ts up. I am taking my lead from Ray Winston and gambling responsibly and staying in. If we ever get to situation when everything is adequately funded and horrible 0 hours contracts were abolished ... then maybe it might be worth the risk to pull out. But to do it now is a massive gamble which we just cannot afford to lose.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:14 - Jun 16 with 20984 viewseccles

There's risks both ways.
Nobody knows the future. Cant believe either side really on what is going to happen.
Vote for what you feel.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:45 - Jun 16 with 20956 viewsDeepcutHoop

It's ridiculous the pubic is being asked to make a decision this important.

Especially when we are apparently being lied to by everyone concerned.

One thing is for sure, whichever way we end up going, you can be sure anything that goes badly will be blamed on the result.

Won't be the politicians fault, you idiots voted for it...
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:05 - Jun 16 with 20927 viewsTonto

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 11:45 - Jun 16 by DeepcutHoop

One thing is for sure, whichever way we end up going, you can be sure anything that goes badly will be blamed on the result.

I thought everything was still Labour's fault?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:16 - Jun 16 with 20903 viewsTheBlob

Thanks for that Mrs Kinnock.You can go back to your protest song festival now.Don't forget to sign up for your latest EU pension.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:17 - Jun 16 with 20899 viewsBrightonhoop

Agreed. One of the most significant problems has been not just the quality of debate but the sheer stupidity of the discussions, facilitated by an even more stupid media, in which 'discussions' on telly seem to be shouting matches. Everybody is just shouting at each other so you cant even hear the arguments. For such an important decision why cant these tw4ts have a civilised, rational debate without shouting over each other, and presenters talking over people when they try?
Will be glad once the vote is over, they are a bunch of pub bores on both sides and it's like voting for constipation or the $hit$.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:27 - Jun 16 with 20867 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:16 - Jun 16 by TheBlob

Thanks for that Mrs Kinnock.You can go back to your protest song festival now.Don't forget to sign up for your latest EU pension.

And that's the level of debate of the average voter so far.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:32 - Jun 16 with 20855 viewsTheBlob

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:27 - Jun 16 by DeepcutHoop

You wouldn't recognise a debate if it jumped up and gave you a haircut.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:37 - Jun 16 with 20847 viewsrunningman75

I am off to the Canary Islands for a mini break next week. Done postal vote and after procrastinating a lot voted in. I know people from EU countries who are here to work and do not like all the fear and leave scaremongering about immigration. We have passport control and need to use it properly
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:43 - Jun 16 with 20830 viewsPommyhoop

If being in the EU was so good , so vital to our future then surely we wouldn't need this vote.
I mean its not as if the project is a new concept.
Vote with your hearts..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:46 - Jun 16 with 20803 viewsessextaxiboy

Hi Jacks Dad , Hope you are doing ok after your health issues a while back .

On the EU as you may be aware I am a commited Exit voter , but its fair to say that there has been half truths from both sides .

The remain campaign however have set out from the very beginning to break the rules with the 9 mil leaflet , scare groups of vulnerable people , with the threat to the state pension and more austerity measures that we have heard in the last 7 days and using the establishment of government to coerce historically neutral civil servants to manipulate data and produce unreliable forecasts which when picked apart dont stand scrutiny .

Firstly in the interests of balance we dont give 350mil to the EU every week which gives the remain one of their only sticks to beat us with , however we do give CONTROL of 350 mil a week to the EU and some of it they send back our way with a caveat of we spend it on what they say , Almost as bad IMO .

The much trumpeted 84% of economists say we will be worse off if we leave . That was based on a response rate of just 17% . I think there were 600 asked , thats just 86 out of 600 who were prepared to stick their reputation on the line . The rest didnt because they dont know . This stat is rarely mentioned .

You are right no one knows for sure what will happen either way , but its not a vote for change or no change . The EU will see a remain vote as a ringing endorsement for everything that the want us to become , replying to our complaints with "you had the chance to reject this and you chose not to "

Turkey will join the EU within 5 years IMO , we are actively engaged in helping them make it . When Cameron says we have a veto he never once says we would use it . The EU border would go right to Syria .

You use the words gamble a few times , its a gamble either way IMO but with a leave vote you get to ride your own horse with a whip in your hand that you control every 5 years. Stay and someone else is riding for you . (Ascot Week Analogy)

For me its a vote for positive against negative and you get to choose what you are .
As Rangers fans I think its obvious which we are by default .
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:52 - Jun 16 with 20792 viewsstowmarketrange

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:46 - Jun 16 by essextaxiboy

On the EU as you may be aware I am a commited Exit voter , but its fair to say that there has been half truths from both sides .

The remain campaign however have set out from the very beginning to break the rules with the 9 mil leaflet , scare groups of vulnerable people , with the threat to the state pension and more austerity measures that we have heard in the last 7 days and using the establishment of government to coerce historically neutral civil servants to manipulate data and produce unreliable forecasts which when picked apart dont stand scrutiny .

Firstly in the interests of balance we dont give 350mil to the EU every week which gives the remain one of their only sticks to beat us with , however we do give CONTROL of 350 mil a week to the EU and some of it they send back our way with a caveat of we spend it on what they say , Almost as bad IMO .

The much trumpeted 84% of economists say we will be worse off if we leave . That was based on a response rate of just 17% . I think there were 600 asked , thats just 86 out of 600 who were prepared to stick their reputation on the line . The rest didnt because they dont know . This stat is rarely mentioned .

You are right no one knows for sure what will happen either way , but its not a vote for change or no change . The EU will see a remain vote as a ringing endorsement for everything that the want us to become , replying to our complaints with "you had the chance to reject this and you chose not to "

Turkey will join the EU within 5 years IMO , we are actively engaged in helping them make it . When Cameron says we have a veto he never once says we would use it . The EU border would go right to Syria .

You use the words gamble a few times , its a gamble either way IMO but with a leave vote you get to ride your own horse with a whip in your hand that you control every 5 years. Stay and someone else is riding for you . (Ascot Week Analogy)

For me its a vote for positive against negative and you get to choose what you are .

My thoughts exactly.Why should we be frightened of leaving our safe home?There is a whole world out there waiting for us if we're brave enough to want it.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:53 - Jun 16 with 20781 viewsPommyhoop

''You use the words gamble a few times , its a gamble either way IMO but with a leave vote you get to ride your own horse with a whip in your hand that you control every 5 years. Stay and someone else is riding for you . (Ascot Week Analogy)

As Rangers fans I think its obvious which we are by default .''

I likes that . Fair play Essex mate.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:56 - Jun 16 with 20766 viewsTW_R

I'm just glad we've got another thread on this. The other one didn't really allow the opportunity for someone to present their thoughts there.

I hope this one goes to 10 pages!
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:58 - Jun 16 with 20751 viewsPommyhoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:56 - Jun 16 by TW_R

I'm just glad we've got another thread on this. The other one didn't really allow the opportunity for someone to present their thoughts there.

I hope this one goes to 10 pages!

Tis the first one I got involved with so I'll be shocked if it goes to 2.
In fact I've probably just killed it.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:02 - Jun 16 with 20735 viewsQPR_John

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:46 - Jun 16 by essextaxiboy

"The EU will see a remain vote as a ringing endorsement for everything that the want us to become , replying to our complaints with "you had the chance to reject this and you chose not to "

This has always worried me. The people who are predicting Armageddon will be the very ones who will negotiate with the EU if we remain. They have already shown they are scared to leave so will be walked all over. If there is a vote to remain in 2020 we will be voting for a local parish council in Westminster
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:17 - Jun 16 with 20695 viewsPinnerPaul

Well if you read my post on the other thread, then public not really being asked to make decision as an out vote would require an act of parliament to ratify it.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:26 - Jun 16 with 20665 viewsjohncharles

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:17 - Jun 16 by PinnerPaul

Well if you read my post on the other thread, then public not really being asked to make decision as an out vote would require an act of parliament to ratify it.

And another 10 years to unravel the miles (sorry kilometres) of red tape. The whole thing is a pointless exercise that has only set us British at each other's throats and antagonized our European trading partners.
*we will still have to trade with EU whatever the outcome
[Post edited 16 Jun 2016 13:32]

Strong and stable my arse.

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:33 - Jun 16 with 20645 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:17 - Jun 16 by PinnerPaul

I don't believe they'd 'ignore' the result of this vote.

There would be riots, surely?
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:45 - Jun 16 with 20623 viewsPinnerPaul

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 13:33 - Jun 16 by DeepcutHoop

I don't believe they'd 'ignore' the result of this vote.

There would be riots, surely?

Article in the Eve Std, speculated that if it was say a 52/48 exit result on say 55% turn out, that would mean that "only" 25 - 30% of public wanted to exit so that would give a possbile mandate to commons (70/30 in favour of staying in) to reject the referendum result.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 19:43 - Jun 16 with 20505 viewsHollowayRanger

VOTED OUT ALREADY

id say 85% of people I spoke to are voting out

even polls are saying advantage is with out now

yet when the final count is made I fully expect it to be 54% 46% to remain as they will fix it they cant afford to be voted out of their cusy jobs

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:04 - Jun 16 with 20432 viewskensalriser

Essex, this stuff about Turkey joining the EU is scaremongering nonsense that has no basis in reality. Erdogan is moving Turkey ever closer to a one party autocracy and police state. It has no chance of joining for many years and if you do your research you'll see it's even further away now than it was previously. Unless Turkey does a political volte-face and votes in a liberal secular Government for the next decade there is no chance whatsoever it will join the EU.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:33 - Jun 16 with 20391 viewsessextaxiboy

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 21:04 - Jun 16 by kensalriser

Essex, this stuff about Turkey joining the EU is scaremongering nonsense that has no basis in reality. Erdogan is moving Turkey ever closer to a one party autocracy and police state. It has no chance of joining for many years and if you do your research you'll see it's even further away now than it was previously. Unless Turkey does a political volte-face and votes in a liberal secular Government for the next decade there is no chance whatsoever it will join the EU.

I would like to respond but its prob not appropriate today ...another time
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:58 - Jun 16 with 20327 viewsFredManRave

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:27 - Jun 16 by DeepcutHoop

'kin hell it's been a tough week for you mate. Now you're Mrs Kinnock! I hope that's the end of it cos I'm not sure how much lower the insults can get after that. Mr Kinnock?!

Try and keep the sobbing to a minimum tonight, eh?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 00:32 - Jun 17 with 20301 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 23:58 - Jun 16 by FredManRave

'kin hell it's been a tough week for you mate. Now you're Mrs Kinnock! I hope that's the end of it cos I'm not sure how much lower the insults can get after that. Mr Kinnock?!

Try and keep the sobbing to a minimum tonight, eh?!

Been a fun week for me tbf Fred lad. I've been called lots of names, hilariously been in the Daily Mail as a result of their shoddy journalism (an unrelated tweet with my name in got in a story about something else- shocker), the football has been great fun and I got some photos onto the telly and won another small photo comp.

Everything gets put into perspective on days like this though.
Brexit .... My thoughts... on 06:35 - Jun 17 with 20223 viewsWesty75

Brexit .... My thoughts... on 12:43 - Jun 16 by Pommyhoop

If being in the EU was so good , so vital to our future then surely we wouldn't need this vote.
I mean its not as if the project is a new concept.
Vote with your hearts..

I think you answered your own question. We don't need this vote.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024