Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal Music 10:54 - Aug 3 with 2402 viewsgingerranger

So I've just been pondering the subject of goal music at Loftus Road. I've always thought it was needless and naff, but I was wondering if there is anyone who actually is in favour of it? I'm sure most of us are fans of pigbag, (but I'm not trying to debate that), but do we actually need it blared out every time a goal is scored to dictate to us how we should celebrate? If we score away from home and pigbag suits the mood, then we manage just fine on our own without a PA system pumping it out. Why can't we decide on and make the atmosphere at HQ?

I'd be interested to see if anyone likes it. But I suspect almost all of us think it's dumb. And if my suspicions are correct, surely we can do something about it? Ie. a bunch of us write to club, or bring it up at the next appropriate meeting with the club. I appreciate it's not as important as the water pressure in the ladies pissers though.
Goal Music on 11:20 - Aug 3 with 2366 viewsdaveB

I don't mind either way really, have got used to it at Loftus Road
Goal Music on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 2340 viewsLongsufferingR

Maybe we should only play the music when the away side scores. That would confuse them.
Goal Music on 12:04 - Aug 3 with 2288 viewsdannyblue

I'm with you. We can sing it ourselves if we want to, without the need for forced plastic atmosphere.
Goal Music on 12:19 - Aug 3 with 2262 viewsMytch_QPR

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Goal Music on 12:31 - Aug 3 with 2231 viewshoof_hearted

It is true that the only time we don't need help to get an atmosphere is when we've just scored a goal but I think it serves two purposes:-

1. It extends the goal celebration noise by a good 20 seconds.
2. It annoys the away fans more than just a standard cheer.

I vote remain. (Not Pigbrexit.)
Goal Music on 14:01 - Aug 3 with 2120 viewsraskolnikov

No music

None

Ever

Its embarrassing

IMHO
Goal Music on 14:55 - Aug 3 with 2088 viewsBoston

Anyway, back to the water pressure...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Goal Music on 15:33 - Aug 3 with 2047 viewsDorse

Instead of music, the club should encourage everyone to blog about their feelings at that moment. It's the future, I tell you.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Goal Music on 15:43 - Aug 3 with 2030 viewsDiscodroids

I used to really love the Emerson Lake and Palmer track ' Fanfare of the Common Man' , which used to blare out when the players ran on to the pitch , for a spell under the Richard Thompson Era .

The melodious Prog and art house Rock sounds of a band that had broken up 15 years previously really captured the zeitgeist of the times, 1994, and won the hearts and minds of our younger fans who were on the cusp of britpop and furthermore, was in no way at all patronising to the QPR fans being common. I dont know what the club were fackin well thinking with that one.

I can just about handle 'pigbag' i suppose, but i just find music at football a bit crap.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2016 15:54]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Goal Music on 15:53 - Aug 3 with 2014 viewsMytch_QPR

Goal Music on 15:33 - Aug 3 by Dorse

Instead of music, the club should encourage everyone to blog about their feelings at that moment. It's the future, I tell you.

What about score cards (1-10) a la Strictly?

What you're talking about with the blog is a kind of 'rate your experience' thing, or is it a bit deeper than that? - more to the point, are we allowed to make our feelings know (score card / blog / otherwise) if a player misses an open goal?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Goal Music on 16:11 - Aug 3 with 1978 viewsBoston

Goal Music on 15:43 - Aug 3 by Discodroids

I used to really love the Emerson Lake and Palmer track ' Fanfare of the Common Man' , which used to blare out when the players ran on to the pitch , for a spell under the Richard Thompson Era .

The melodious Prog and art house Rock sounds of a band that had broken up 15 years previously really captured the zeitgeist of the times, 1994, and won the hearts and minds of our younger fans who were on the cusp of britpop and furthermore, was in no way at all patronising to the QPR fans being common. I dont know what the club were fackin well thinking with that one.

I can just about handle 'pigbag' i suppose, but i just find music at football a bit crap.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2016 15:54]

To this day the tunes of Mott the Hoople ring in my ears, a lasting memory of walking across the Loft terracing in the 79's.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024