Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magic Money Tree Discovered! 15:30 - Jun 26 with 14619 viewseasthertsr

Theresa was wrong during Election Campaign! One billion quid winging it's way to Northern Ireland. See, that tree does exist, you just have to look hard to find it!
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 15:44 - Jun 26 with 7870 viewsrunningman75

Rare magic money tree in Northern Ireland. Will people be getting on their bikes from Wales, Scotland deprived parts of England to thriving Northern Ireland with new hospitals, schools and better infrastructure. Leave voters will be particularly happy as we have our country back.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 15:50 - Jun 26 with 7851 views2Thomas2Bowles

So it's ok to pay for votes now...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 15:57 - Jun 26 with 7833 viewscolinallcars

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 15:50 - Jun 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Vote early and vote often as they used to say in the Rotten Boroughs
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:18 - Jun 26 with 7780 viewsNorthernr

Tory whip not a job I'd envy while this nonsense holds up - not only has to make sure an incredibly divided Conservative party agrees on an issue to the tune of no more than 9 rebels but then also has to get a bunch of religious nutters to sign up to it as well.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:23 - Jun 26 with 7762 viewsTonto

Surely in Ireland its a leprechaun and gold at the end of the rainbow?

I'll get my outdated national stereotype coat....

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:29 - Jun 26 with 7725 viewsrobith

May was always going to get done - chat is real cost is closer to £2bn once the other concession are factored in - cos that's what the DUP do. They exist pretty much universally in a power sharing agreement with their deepest enemy. Their life is throwing strops, pushing, probing cajoling and wailing to eke every concession possible out of the other side. And this time they're up against May whose desperate to hang on. Only surprised they didn't walk out with the shirt off her back
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:30 - Jun 26 with 7721 viewsFDC

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:34 - Jun 26 with 7709 viewsdistortR

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:30 - Jun 26 by FDC

It's a 'kin disgrace. Some trick where you give Northern Ireland up to £2bn while further destabilizing it. Way to go
Login to get fewer ads

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:36 - Jun 26 with 7690 viewsFDC

I'm not sure where Nick is getting these figures from, but he's pretty trustworthy...

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:43 - Jun 26 with 7648 viewsFDC

Theresa May and her government are absolutely brazen. There are protests already planned for next weekend, and I suspect they are going to be lively.

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:47 - Jun 26 with 7626 viewsKonk

May should have just threatened to ban bowler hats. Would have the DUP brought to heel and saved the tax payer £1bn.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Magic Money Tree Discovered! (n/t) on 16:49 - Jun 26 with 7616 viewsBlackCrowe

[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 16:51]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:52 - Jun 26 with 7586 viewsTonto

Magic Money Tree Discovered! (n/t) on 16:49 - Jun 26 by BlackCrowe

[Post edited 26 Jun 2017 16:51]

although he was proposing to increase tax on the rich to "pay" for it (inverted commas intentional...)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:52 - Jun 26 with 7583 viewsBlackCrowe

Not just May.

Jezza did it by offering a £45k bribe to every uni student, existing and forthcoming, and their parents to vote for him. fck knows how the country was going to pay for it.

£45k to walk a few yards and stick a 'X' in a box. I'd do it.

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:02 - Jun 26 with 7540 viewsKonk

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:52 - Jun 26 by BlackCrowe

Not just May.

Jezza did it by offering a £45k bribe to every uni student, existing and forthcoming, and their parents to vote for him. fck knows how the country was going to pay for it.

You could say that about everything, though, couldn't you? Triple lock pensions, winter fuel allowance, cuts in Inheritance tax, cuts in Income Tax, Right to buy etc.

This seems a bit different to me.

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:04 - Jun 26 with 7533 viewsrunningman75

Not just May.

Free education is available in many countries in the world which are supposed to be worse off than the UK. Education should be part of a civilised society so not exactly a bribe if it can increase the academic attainment of the UK in the long run. Also the Tories abolished bursaries for nursing students so we have to rely on immigrant nurses.
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:04 - Jun 26 with 7535 viewsMrSheen

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:36 - Jun 26 by FDC

I'm not sure where Nick is getting these figures from, but he's pretty trustworthy...

Does he mean anything specific by "expand pensions". The cost of the state pension was £108bn in 2014/15, so he's proposing an increase of less than 0.3%.

http://visual.ons.gov.uk/welfare-spending/

Nurse bursaries cost £800m according to The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jul/21/nhs-bursaries-for-student-nurses

Industrial tribunal fees are bringing in only £9m. The numbers of cases brought have fallen 70%, so the implied cost of scrapping fees would be about £40m if it was self-financing. No idea what the actual costs of the system are, so what the all-in cost of a 3-4x increase in cases would be is a mystery.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jan/31/employment-tribunal-cases-down-70-
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:05 - Jun 26 with 7527 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:43 - Jun 26 by FDC

Theresa May and her government are absolutely brazen. There are protests already planned for next weekend, and I suspect they are going to be lively.

Isn't that what the opening poster was referring to?
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:05 - Jun 26 with 7525 viewsBlackCrowe

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:02 - Jun 26 by Konk

You could say that about everything, though, couldn't you? Triple lock pensions, winter fuel allowance, cuts in Inheritance tax, cuts in Income Tax, Right to buy etc.

This seems a bit different to me.

True, except that students typically don't vote so this was even more cynical/genius/blatant than usual things on offer

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:15 - Jun 26 with 7480 viewsKonk

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:05 - Jun 26 by BlackCrowe

True, except that students typically don't vote so this was even more cynical/genius/blatant than usual things on offer

Well, it's long overdue that someone figured out it might be worth offering something to a demographic that have previously been ignored.

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:32 - Jun 26 with 7409 viewssimmo

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 16:36 - Jun 26 by FDC

Those hoops don't go all the way around. Fckin bollocks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 17:49 - Jun 26 with 7332 viewsWatfordR

Not just May.

Well nothing in the public sector is actually paid for any more is it?

Over done it on the credit cards? No limit available any more? Just get another credit card. It's essentially what successive UK governments have done for a decade or more.

What could possibly be the problem?
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 18:45 - Jun 26 with 7222 viewsdistortR

Not just May.

One is an electoral pledge.
One is a bribe. Doubt if it was in the manifesto - "In the result of a hung government, we will give the DUP a sum no less then £1bn and no greater then £2bn to prop us up".
Quite a lot of difference, imho
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 18:53 - Jun 26 with 7187 viewseasthertsr

Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 18:45 - Jun 26 by distortR

One is an electoral pledge.
One is a bribe. Doubt if it was in the manifesto - "In the result of a hung government, we will give the DUP a sum no less then £1bn and no greater then £2bn to prop us up".
Quite a lot of difference, imho

Quite right! This is really what upsets people about politicians! A blatant disregard of what they said they believed in during the campaign ( there is no money to spend) in a grubby, brazen attempt to cling to power. Disgraceful in any one's language!
Magic Money Tree Discovered! on 20:46 - Jun 26 with 7063 viewsessextaxiboy

So writing off student loans already taken and abolishing fees for new students is something different? Thats before any votes were cast btw ..

This is a spindly money twig compared to Labours big cash giveaway , a one off not something that costs year after year ..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024