Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our best Premier League Goal 12:14 - Jul 26 with 1491 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nice Guardian article about a lovely Le Tiss effort here... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/26/premier-league-best-goal-matt-l

But what was our best goal in the Prem era? That rules out both Sinclair (FA Cup and we were in the div below anyway and Wegerle as that was pre-Prem)

Candidates off the top of my head...

Les at home v Man U when he spanked it in from 30 yards at the School End. Loved watching that on Grandstand titles as the whole crowd jumps to its feet.

Les's free kick at Oldham. Not a famous one, but fk me he hit that hard.

Adel's absolutely sublime goal v Fulham when he megged Hangeland and stroked it in the bottom corner with the outside of his boot.

Remy's sidefooted blaster v Wigan after a rare fast QPR break.

Adel's beauty after coming on v West Ham

And not many better than Sinton's v Man C in our first Prem game ever.

What am I missing?

Bare bones.

Our best Premier League Goal on 12:29 - Jul 26 with 1464 viewssimmo

Les v United is what came to mind straight away but the Remy one was incredible. I love the fact that when Mbia makes the run there are birds that fly in the air, like that scene in Con Air when he walks in the church in slow motion surrounded by doves.

I have never seen a ball hit like that before or since. Hit with the inside of the right foot, right to left, but curling inwards. Remarkable. Which made that fckin equalising free kick a few mins later all the more ball-aching. Great goal though, shame there isn't more footage of it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Our best Premier League Goal on 12:36 - Jul 26 with 1446 viewsW7Ranger

Matt Phillips 70 yarder V Palarse isn't bad.
Our best Premier League Goal on 12:38 - Jul 26 with 1438 viewsW7Ranger

Zamora's cheeky little dink v West Brom
Our best Premier League Goal on 13:12 - Jul 26 with 1344 viewsLythamR

Remy Wigan
Absolutely outstanding goal

The best goal we never scored was the 24 ( I think ) pass move that Vargas didn't quite manage to poke in against Villa shortly after we went 1 up and suddenly started playing like Leeds United in their pomp
Our best Premier League Goal on 13:56 - Jul 26 with 1291 viewsCamberleyR

Bards 25 yard screamer of a free kick versus Southampton 92/93.

Devon White's second at home against Ipswich, lovely, flowing passing approach before Bards puts an inch perfect cross onto Bruno's nut who headed it into the opposite top corner 93/94.

Super Ray's cheeky lob from the edge of the area back over Segers' head away vs Wimbledon 92/93 again.

Simon Barker, a lob over Pressman away in a 3-1 win at Sheff Weds, relegation season.
2:36 in the vid here:
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 14:08]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Our best Premier League Goal on 14:12 - Jul 26 with 1249 viewshubble

A couple of other contenders...

For sheer emotion:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Our best Premier League Goal on 14:18 - Jul 26 with 1238 viewsAntti_Heinola

I remembered the Bard one, but thought for some reason that was in a previous season. I was there, and that second half performance was one of the most relentless, attacking, dominant displays from QPR I've ever seen. Absolutely superb. Scored 3, should've been 8. I was there for the Devon White one too, but stuck right at the back of the Loft, so not sure I even saw it go in. Great goals.

Bare bones.

Our best Premier League Goal on 14:40 - Jul 26 with 1197 viewsenfieldargh

I remember a great goal away to Palace by Andy Sinton fed by inter play from Peter Reid and Ray Wilkins

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Our best Premier League Goal on 14:42 - Jul 26 with 1191 viewsCamberleyR

Our best Premier League Goal on 14:40 - Jul 26 by enfieldargh

I remember a great goal away to Palace by Andy Sinton fed by inter play from Peter Reid and Ray Wilkins

With Peter Reid playing though, that was before football existed i.e. 1992.

It was this game though:

[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 14:45]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Our best Premier League Goal on 15:18 - Jul 26 with 1142 viewsCiderwithRsie

One of the things I loved about Devon White was that, bloody great lump that we (and I think he) all knew him to be, he was capable of scoring a goal that can quite genuinely be in contention for this thread.

It wasn't a total fluke either, that was just the sort of thing he did when he got it right.
Our best Premier League Goal on 16:48 - Jul 26 with 1074 viewsRBlock

Quite surprised nobody has mentioned this absolute howitzer
Our best Premier League Goal on 17:59 - Jul 26 with 1010 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024