Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's QPR podcast 09:38 - Aug 22 with 12697 viewsFDC

I don't think I've ever heard a podcast in which the guests have to pull the presenter back on topic so regularly!

[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 9:45]
This week's QPR podcast on 12:53 - Aug 23 with 2643 viewslondonscottish

This week's QPR podcast on 12:05 - Aug 23 by finney

I hear you and good feedback thanks
End of the day I'm just a fan never said I was good at this which is handy I guess
But all views are welcome good and bad

Without the hard yards you fellahs put into the Pod and that Clive puts into this site the world would be a much shittier place.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

This week's QPR podcast on 13:27 - Aug 23 with 2617 viewsfinney

I think the things said on here are Fair and always better people are honest as that's more important thank praise as it's better to know .
And if you do a podcast you should accept it on the chin

Only thing I felt was harsh was saying I hold court with fans I don't I talk to people I've knew for years and I go to away games with same people I've always gone with
And also watch a lot of home games alone this he thinks he special thing is frankly ridiculous

Anyway promise next weeks will be better and I'll talk less
This week's QPR podcast on 13:52 - Aug 23 with 2581 viewsDejR_vu

This week's QPR podcast on 13:27 - Aug 23 by finney

I think the things said on here are Fair and always better people are honest as that's more important thank praise as it's better to know .

Only thing I felt was harsh was saying I hold court with fans I don't I talk to people I've knew for years and I go to away games with same people I've always gone with
And also watch a lot of home games alone this he thinks he special thing is frankly ridiculous

Kudos

But, you can't please everyone all of the time. May not be my cup of tea, others would beg to differ I'm sure.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 14:01]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

This week's QPR podcast on 13:59 - Aug 23 with 2562 viewsSonofNorfolt

Personally I think they should pay to get Mel on it.
Or at least supply him with a couple of Swedish nymphos(preferably female) so he could up the ante.
This week's QPR podcast on 14:04 - Aug 23 with 2550 viewsFDC

As far as the OP is concerned it was meant in jest more than anything, so I hope no offence was taken. As a fanbase we're really lucky to have the likes of the QPR podcast and Clive putting the work in to provide for our insatiable appetite for content.

Personally, I enjoy the match analysis more than the other stuff, with some exceptions, e.g. the recent Hill interview was great. But as this messageboard demonstrates, we're a varied bunch so there's no way every episode is going to please every listener!
This week's QPR podcast on 14:08 - Aug 23 with 2541 viewsJamesB1979

I do actually think we're quite spoilt as a fanbase (given our size) with some of the writers/journos we have (e.g. Clive) and the QPR podcast. The podcast is up and down (yes I find the US guy a bit irritating) but ultimately it's a great listen most weeks. Finney does like a ramble but personally I love his passion....especially during the season low points. I would love one grumpy/negative pannelist on to provide a bit more balance.....oh and please please please get an interview with Adel!
This week's QPR podcast on 14:15 - Aug 23 with 2532 viewsFDC

This week's QPR podcast on 14:08 - Aug 23 by JamesB1979

I do actually think we're quite spoilt as a fanbase (given our size) with some of the writers/journos we have (e.g. Clive) and the QPR podcast. The podcast is up and down (yes I find the US guy a bit irritating) but ultimately it's a great listen most weeks. Finney does like a ramble but personally I love his passion....especially during the season low points. I would love one grumpy/negative pannelist on to provide a bit more balance.....oh and please please please get an interview with Adel!

I must be the only one who enjoys the American guy's analysis!

I would love one grumpy/negative pannelist on to provide a bit more balance.

Yes it's a shame Clive's not on there anymore
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 14:17]
This week's QPR podcast on 14:21 - Aug 23 with 2509 viewslondonscottish

This week's QPR podcast on 14:15 - Aug 23 by FDC

I must be the only one who enjoys the American guy's analysis!

I would love one grumpy/negative pannelist on to provide a bit more balance.

Yes it's a shame Clive's not on there anymore
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 14:17]

I like it too. He does what Simmo sometimes does on here. Explains shit I'd never notice myself.

EDIT I meant Neil_SI.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 7:50]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

This week's QPR podcast on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 2489 viewsSaycey

I'm mates with Finney and the Podcast guys and I've been lucky enough to go on and have my two-penneth a few times.

People like those guys and Clive and a number of others go to a lot of effort to provide the information, coverage and insight that we often take for granted. Okay, that doesn't make them immune to a bit of criticism, far from it. But some of it is harsh and unwarranted. I guess if you put yourself out there then you are there to be shot down.

I remember the days of living in the back end of beyond with only Ceefax, four channel TV and the radio as my source of QPR news. I think we are lucky to have the level of output we have now.

Just think these guys deserve a bit more of a leg-up than a swat-down.
This week's QPR podcast on 14:56 - Aug 23 with 2465 viewsTacticalR

The great thing about Finney is that he is concerned with the soul of the club.

Air hostess clique

This week's QPR podcast on 15:04 - Aug 23 with 2451 viewsfinney

I've took no offence at all and everyone is also welcome to come on when they want just get in touch with me
This week's QPR podcast on 04:13 - Aug 24 with 2314 viewsitsbiga

This week's QPR podcast on 15:04 - Aug 23 by finney

I've took no offence at all and everyone is also welcome to come on when they want just get in touch with me

I made my comment as a bit of a gag and friendly ribbing. I listen to the podcast every week and appreciate the effort you all put in.
Listening to you all in a podcast every week makes a weird connection that as the casters i guess you don't get. We get to know you and you don't get to know us at all.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

This week's QPR podcast on 05:23 - Aug 24 with 2300 viewsFredManRave

This week's QPR podcast on 14:04 - Aug 23 by FDC

As far as the OP is concerned it was meant in jest more than anything, so I hope no offence was taken. As a fanbase we're really lucky to have the likes of the QPR podcast and Clive putting the work in to provide for our insatiable appetite for content.

Personally, I enjoy the match analysis more than the other stuff, with some exceptions, e.g. the recent Hill interview was great. But as this messageboard demonstrates, we're a varied bunch so there's no way every episode is going to please every listener!

Not being able to go to games I really enjoy the match updates during the Match Threads, although not quite so much these days.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

This week's QPR podcast on 08:41 - Aug 24 with 2240 viewsBAWHoops

Think Finney is great as part of the panel. Really adds something as he's just pure passion amongst the cynacism (which I like).
Knows his history as well.

Chairing isn't his strong point as you need a cool head and to be objective to host. Football Weekly would be poorer if Barry Glendenning was the host as opposed to a pundit.

I actually really like Rahul (the American). Yes he 'talks funny', but he makes a hell of a lot of sense and his American view of the games and especially the tactics is really refreshing.

As for people moaning that it's 'Too positive and pro QPR'.... come off it. The increased transparency surrounding the club is thanks in part to Open All R's which has really held the club and staff accountable.

It's a cracking listen, keep it up fellas!

(I'd scrap the opposition fan though.... does nothing for me personally)

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

This week's QPR podcast on 09:08 - Aug 24 with 2226 viewsrobith

I work in comms and advertising and an old boss reassured me once when one of our campaigns was being massively complained about for what I felt were unfair reasons "If someone isn't complaining, we aren't being noticed"
This week's QPR podcast on 10:27 - Aug 24 with 2191 viewssmegma

This week's QPR podcast on 12:05 - Aug 23 by connell10

Also finney seems to have a big heart because loads of times he has mentioned rangers fans who are ill in hospital or going through a rough patch! As I say keep up the good work mate👌👍!

His mum is seriously ill at the moment, he's got a lot of things on his plate.
This week's QPR podcast on 10:29 - Aug 24 with 2189 viewssmegma

This week's QPR podcast on 10:32 - Aug 23 by TacticalR

Finney is better as a panelist than a chair. It's pretty hard to do both. David Fraser is better as a chair and can stop Finney rambling on.

Having said that I do think people are underestimating Finney. He has consistently been spot on about the problems at the ground (atmosphere) and the problems with the team.

Maybe ILIAS could be the chair???

Coat.
This week's QPR podcast on 10:39 - Aug 24 with 2179 viewssmegma

This week's QPR podcast on 13:59 - Aug 23 by SonofNorfolt

Personally I think they should pay to get Mel on it.
Or at least supply him with a couple of Swedish nymphos(preferably female) so he could up the ante.

Never heard of him.
This week's QPR podcast on 13:31 - Aug 24 with 2118 viewsFDC

This week's QPR podcast on 05:23 - Aug 24 by FredManRave

Not being able to go to games I really enjoy the match updates during the Match Threads, although not quite so much these days.

Agreed, a disappointing lack of quality this season
This week's QPR podcast on 23:39 - Aug 30 with 1913 viewsRaymond

Better this week but the woman panelist crying when Clint Hill was talking was rather cringey I'll be honest.
This week's QPR podcast on 10:27 - Aug 31 with 1796 viewsQuitePossiblyRaving

I also think Rahul is very good. Quite insightful, and in a different way from others. Suspect some on here can't look past the accent, which is their loss.

Finney - you're clearly a man with a big heart, which is fantastic. Enjoy your contributions when you're on the panel...unless Washington is on and you get overly excited about Northern Ireland ;-)
This week's QPR podcast on 12:05 - Aug 31 with 1742 viewsdaveB

This week's QPR podcast on 23:39 - Aug 30 by Raymond

Better this week but the woman panelist crying when Clint Hill was talking was rather cringey I'll be honest.

i found the whole thing cringeworthy this week, talking over each other all the time. Don't want to moan about it though as Finney obviously takes it a bit personally judging by his comments on the pod this week, you can't please everyone.

not sure how many times we have to go over the Warnock thing but was clear at the time he didn't want the job full time and his wife getting cancer changed things. Was just a case of bad timing rather than a dreadful decision. Would be nice for fans to move on and get behind the current manager rather than fluttering eyelids at someone else.
This week's QPR podcast (n/t) on 13:08 - Aug 31 with 1680 viewsTacticalR

I thought Clint Hill gave an interesting insider/outsider's view when asked about the current season:

'It's frustrating. The past five or six years I was there there was always something happening. There was never really a boring season. We were either up, we were challenging, or we were coming down, or we were fighting relegation. It's, being honest, been a dull couple of years hasn't it? Nothing's really happening.

The club have had to restructure and go 'we've had a go at spending and we can't do that any more, so we're going to have to be a bit more realistic'.'
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 13:10]

Air hostess clique

This week's QPR podcast on 14:14 - Aug 31 with 1634 viewsDeatho

I agree sadly. Always listened but this season it's dropped in standard and any decent guests aren't allowed to speak. Having a top comedian on and others doing the jokes doesn't make sense for a start. The constant interruptions are too frequent now as is the talking about yourself rather than QPR.
Would be great to have David Fraser, Clive, Mel and one of the two Chris's every week but understand why it isn't.
The audio is too low also.
This isn't a personal dig to any of the guys but be a shame if the pod loses listeners after all their hard work and I do enjoy Paul's heartfelt thank you to the legends they speak to.
I like the phone calls to players and think it's a good feature.
The last two shows I haven't finished and previously I've heard every pod.
If David can't host then hoping Chris Charles can.
This week's QPR podcast on 16:29 - Aug 31 with 1576 viewsNov77

constant interrupting is making it unlistenable now.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024