Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The placing of away fans 11:42 - Sep 18 with 3671 viewskingsburyR

Is the new modern trend of placing oppo fans in crappy corners or away in the gods killing whats left of atmosphere at grounds?

Surely the F.A. & Prem League have to do something as away fans pay good money for cra views!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

The placing of away fans on 10:12 - Sep 19 with 692 viewsfrancisbowles

It's a mixed bag, atmosphere created by having away fans behind the goal adds to the spectacle but I prefer to watch the game from close to the half way line and with a bit of height. I have on a few occasions gone quietly in with the home fans to get a decent view.

I thought Wolves was ok last season, had a pretty good view but it wasn't wet!
The placing of away fans on 11:03 - Sep 19 with 664 viewsisawqpratwcity

The placing of away fans on 09:13 - Sep 19 by dodge_stoke_r

Football isn't and hasn't been a competitive spectacle for something time. Certainly not in The Premier League where "success" is measured by finishing 4th from bottom or above.

Last season we were one win off relegation. It mightn't be much, but I prefer it to the alternative.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The placing of away fans on 11:27 - Sep 19 with 642 viewscyprusmel

The placing of away fans on 14:50 - Sep 18 by cyprusmel

Looking at all the posts on this subject, I am certainly in a minority (of one) but why would you want to give the away fans the advantage of urging their team on from behind the goal.
It must be better to place your own fans behind both goals.

It may be why Newcastle put the away fans so far from the pitch so they can't influence the game so much.
If you have good away support but the team can't hear you it counts for little.
The placing of away fans on 12:23 - Sep 19 with 574 viewsMick_S

The placing of away fans on 11:27 - Sep 19 by cyprusmel

It may be why Newcastle put the away fans so far from the pitch so they can't influence the game so much.
If you have good away support but the team can't hear you it counts for little.

Or just don't bother going to Newcastle.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The placing of away fans on 13:53 - Sep 19 with 502 viewsonlyrinmoray

Last time I went to Newcastle 14 flights up (I counted them !) we drew 1-1 we scored first then they equalised late through Marlon Harewood .Ben Watson got ours early on It was an evening game we looked pretty good if I remember, a few years ago now

I could hardly see the players so decided to get my eyes tested when I got home. Found out I needed glasses for distance. Ive wore them to every game since
I refuse to go to Newcastle now because of where they put away fans This is a bit of a bugger as its the nearest ground to me. I agree Boro and Sunderland are a lot better for away fans Leeds was in the corner but was OK if I remember.
Everton cracking ground terrible for away fans though
The placing of away fans on 13:58 - Sep 19 with 496 viewssmegma

The placing of away fans on 12:40 - Sep 18 by robith

Last time I went to Newcastle (in the Prem) we were on the back row of our section. I think the International Space Station had a better view (great view of the city though, which was ultimately more interesting than the game)

Last time I went to St James', knowing what the walk was like to the away section, I faked a limp and asked to use the lift. I was told to press the top button which was Level 8. I was then in the back row which was Row ZZ. You can see Germany on a clear day I believe. Utterly ridiculous. It was like watching subbuteo. But less exciting.
The placing of away fans on 15:16 - Sep 19 with 455 viewsstowmarketrange

The placing of away fans on 13:58 - Sep 19 by smegma

Last time I went to St James', knowing what the walk was like to the away section, I faked a limp and asked to use the lift. I was told to press the top button which was Level 8. I was then in the back row which was Row ZZ. You can see Germany on a clear day I believe. Utterly ridiculous. It was like watching subbuteo. But less exciting.

Am I the only one who likes the away end at Newcastle?It could do with being a bit nearer but it does give you a decent overall view of what's happening on the pitch,and you can generate a good atmosphere up there.Especially when there is a last minute og equaliser down our end.
I went there for the first time in 88 and it was on the terrace behind the goal in the corner.That was a lot worse,and it was within throwing distance of the hot headed locals who wanted to sack the board.At least we were singing the same song.
The placing of away fans on 17:20 - Sep 19 with 416 viewsrobith

The placing of away fans on 13:58 - Sep 19 by smegma

Last time I went I was shepherded into the lift. It was only when I got to the top I discovered it wasn't for everyone so they must have thought there was something wrong with me.

Then again, I was on my stag do wearing a neon green t shirt that said "I <3 Bono - Bono loves the Mackems" so maybe they drew their own conclusions
Login to get fewer ads

The placing of away fans on 17:42 - Sep 19 with 408 viewsHayesender

They let my missus take the lift for the early kick off Sunday game, Mark Hughes first in charge I think it was as she told them she was pregnant. She wasn't, she was just dying from the previous nights shenanigans in Newcastle 😉

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024