Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 19:48 - Nov 15 with 44818 viewsBlackCrowe

If we survive the 1st test, i think we might just sneak it. If we lose it, it'll probably be carnage.

Going to days 1-3 of Sydney. Anyone else there?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Thread on 14:09 - Jan 6 with 2735 viewsmakaveli1882

Ashes Thread on 13:20 - Jan 6 by stowmarketrange

It was the most depressing of the 13 days of test cricket I’ve watched since coming over here.Wickets that should’ve been given,not given .No balls that ought to have been seen allowed until reviewed by the 3rd umpire.Mason Crane with the yips and unable to bowl.But the worst for me is some of the dickhead Aussie fans.Give these muppets a small beer and the chip on their shoulders comes racing forward.Absolute bellends.
Please take me home on Tuesday.

Cricket absoulty gash today - but had one if the beat days of my trip today.

Pink test what an achievement!

Went to the pink pinic at lunch sounds gay it was; but had lunch on the centre spot of the allianz stadium meet the Aussie PM and sat in on a rug with quick drink access rather than in the ground.

Have tickets tomorrow but nearly 40c so not bothering as I'm staying in Coogee beach so pool and beach sounds better and more fun.

So 2 x spare tickets if anyone wants.

Or if anyone lads fancy a few afternoon beers come down to Coogee
Ashes Thread on 14:12 - Jan 6 with 2733 viewsmakaveli1882

By the way the amount of Rangers out here is mental especially Melbourne - love it
Ashes Thread on 16:41 - Jan 6 with 2692 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ashes Thread on 14:12 - Jan 6 by makaveli1882

By the way the amount of Rangers out here is mental especially Melbourne - love it

Amazing the effort people will go to to avoid the 3rd Round of the Effing A Cup.
Ashes Thread on 17:06 - Jan 6 with 2672 viewsmakaveli1882

Ashes Thread on 16:41 - Jan 6 by CiderwithRsie

Amazing the effort people will go to to avoid the 3rd Round of the Effing A Cup.

Yet in still up at 04.04 checking scores like the sad caant I am f*** n hell Rangers - beach and turn my mind off from it
Ashes Thread on 00:28 - Jan 7 with 2634 viewsted_hendrix

Ashes Thread on 14:09 - Jan 6 by makaveli1882

Cricket absoulty gash today - but had one if the beat days of my trip today.

Pink test what an achievement!

Went to the pink pinic at lunch sounds gay it was; but had lunch on the centre spot of the allianz stadium meet the Aussie PM and sat in on a rug with quick drink access rather than in the ground.

Have tickets tomorrow but nearly 40c so not bothering as I'm staying in Coogee beach so pool and beach sounds better and more fun.

So 2 x spare tickets if anyone wants.

Or if anyone lads fancy a few afternoon beers come down to Coogee

Alright mate? just when you thought it couldn't get any bloody worse

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Thread on 03:26 - Jan 7 with 2592 viewsjohnhoop

Perhaps for much the same reasons that a lot of people are half jokingly saying that we should give up playing in the FA cup,maybe we should pack in sending touring teams to Australia on the grounds that they’re a total effing embarrassment to English cricket lovers in the same way that our FA cup performances are a pointless waste of time for R’s Fans. With India as well last year that’s two winters on the trot that our team has been utterly humiliated by the opposition.
Ashes Thread on 07:44 - Jan 7 with 2548 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 03:26 - Jan 7 by johnhoop

Perhaps for much the same reasons that a lot of people are half jokingly saying that we should give up playing in the FA cup,maybe we should pack in sending touring teams to Australia on the grounds that they’re a total effing embarrassment to English cricket lovers in the same way that our FA cup performances are a pointless waste of time for R’s Fans. With India as well last year that’s two winters on the trot that our team has been utterly humiliated by the opposition.

We win the home series and we lose away.Thats the same for most other countries too.We had a forum in the hotel in Melbourne with 2 guys from tms and I suggested using our duke ball out here and the Aussies using their kookaburra ball in England.That might even it up a bit because the big tv stations won’t continue to shell out for such uneven contests for long.
They thought it might work,but they also suggested the away captain always wins the toss and can choose whether to bat or bowl automatically.
This series will probably end up 4-0,but they haven’t been dominant for the entire series.We’ve had chances to put them under severe pressure but for a variety of reasons,we haven’t made the most of those small chances.
We have also had our fair share of bad luck at times,especially with some questionably umpiring decisions going the Aussies way.

Still it beats being at home during a cold winter so it isn’t all bad news.
Ashes Thread on 08:10 - Jan 7 with 2521 viewsLblock

Coogee beach is heaven - there’s a seafood restaurant right on the beachfront there that sells coogee bay bugs. To this day the best seafood I’ve ever had

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 08:34 - Jan 7 with 2508 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 07:44 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

We win the home series and we lose away.Thats the same for most other countries too.We had a forum in the hotel in Melbourne with 2 guys from tms and I suggested using our duke ball out here and the Aussies using their kookaburra ball in England.That might even it up a bit because the big tv stations won’t continue to shell out for such uneven contests for long.
They thought it might work,but they also suggested the away captain always wins the toss and can choose whether to bat or bowl automatically.
This series will probably end up 4-0,but they haven’t been dominant for the entire series.We’ve had chances to put them under severe pressure but for a variety of reasons,we haven’t made the most of those small chances.
We have also had our fair share of bad luck at times,especially with some questionably umpiring decisions going the Aussies way.

Still it beats being at home during a cold winter so it isn’t all bad news.

How are you handling the heat, Stowe? I see Sydney got 46° C.

We are currently going through a bit of a warm spell. Lots of people round here aren't even bothering to wear jumpers!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ashes Thread on 13:00 - Jan 7 with 2457 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 08:34 - Jan 7 by isawqpratwcity

How are you handling the heat, Stowe? I see Sydney got 46° C.

We are currently going through a bit of a warm spell. Lots of people round here aren't even bothering to wear jumpers!

It was pretty hot today.The sun came round to our seats about 11.30am and stayed for the rest of the day.It actually felt like walking into a blast furnace coming out of our hotel at 9.30 yesterday.
A lot of people gave up and went home but some others stripped to waist all day.
I stayed under a soaking wet hat and pink bandana for most of the day.And plenty of water throughout the day helped too.
The commentator said it was 55c at pitch level.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 13:04]
Ashes Thread on 13:20 - Jan 7 with 2434 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 13:00 - Jan 7 by stowmarketrange

It was pretty hot today.The sun came round to our seats about 11.30am and stayed for the rest of the day.It actually felt like walking into a blast furnace coming out of our hotel at 9.30 yesterday.
A lot of people gave up and went home but some others stripped to waist all day.
I stayed under a soaking wet hat and pink bandana for most of the day.And plenty of water throughout the day helped too.
The commentator said it was 55c at pitch level.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 13:04]

Take care, the sun will knock you about: the news reckoned 55° in the centre of the ground.

Ha! Missed your edit!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 13:26]

Ashes Thread on 22:33 - Jan 7 with 2364 viewsted_hendrix

Ashes Thread on 13:20 - Jan 7 by isawqpratwcity

Take care, the sun will knock you about: the news reckoned 55° in the centre of the ground.

Ha! Missed your edit!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 13:26]

Joe Root now in hospital suffering from severe dehydration

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Thread on 00:37 - Jan 8 with 2337 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 22:33 - Jan 7 by ted_hendrix

Joe Root now in hospital suffering from severe dehydration

Now back out playing. I can guarantee he'll be feeling very ordinary indeed.

He won't be the only one, either. It's a bastard, especially for the bowling side, in conditions like that. Another trap for the tourists.

Ashes Thread on 03:21 - Jan 8 with 2313 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 00:37 - Jan 8 by isawqpratwcity

Now back out playing. I can guarantee he'll be feeling very ordinary indeed.

He won't be the only one, either. It's a bastard, especially for the bowling side, in conditions like that. Another trap for the tourists.

All over, red rover. 4-0

Root off sick again.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2018 3:26]

Ashes Thread on 09:41 - Jan 8 with 2236 viewsElHoop

A disappointing end to a very one-sided series. Apart from a draw on the flattest of flat tracks, we were outpaced, outspun and outbatted most days of the series.

What is more, I can't see us doing any better in New Zealand or in the home series against Pakistan and India. The future looks pretty grim.
Ashes Thread on 07:42 - Jan 9 with 2138 viewsTheChef

Ashes Thread on 09:41 - Jan 8 by ElHoop

A disappointing end to a very one-sided series. Apart from a draw on the flattest of flat tracks, we were outpaced, outspun and outbatted most days of the series.

What is more, I can't see us doing any better in New Zealand or in the home series against Pakistan and India. The future looks pretty grim.

In theory NZ pitches should be more suited to us, and their attack is not as pacey as Aus, so we might do a little better.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ashes Thread on 09:20 - Jan 9 with 2103 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 07:42 - Jan 9 by TheChef

In theory NZ pitches should be more suited to us, and their attack is not as pacey as Aus, so we might do a little better.

You may be right, but looking at their team, they have one or two more proper batsmen, their bowlers are pretty quick and good in those conditions, and they have better spinners, so it's difficult to see it being anything but very difficult for us.

I think that we may do OK in the ODI and T20 series in Oz - I think that the T20 series is gainst both Oz and NZ? Buttler and Billings have been playing in the BBL and have done all right. Rashid was in the BBL last year and did OK. We've definitely got players who can biff a quick 30 or 40 right down the innings, so the T20 series may at least distract us from the problems at test level for a while.
Ashes Thread on 09:46 - Jan 9 with 2088 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes Thread on 09:20 - Jan 9 by ElHoop

You may be right, but looking at their team, they have one or two more proper batsmen, their bowlers are pretty quick and good in those conditions, and they have better spinners, so it's difficult to see it being anything but very difficult for us.

I think that we may do OK in the ODI and T20 series in Oz - I think that the T20 series is gainst both Oz and NZ? Buttler and Billings have been playing in the BBL and have done all right. Rashid was in the BBL last year and did OK. We've definitely got players who can biff a quick 30 or 40 right down the innings, so the T20 series may at least distract us from the problems at test level for a while.

I think this is a major cause of the problem though. They are so ingrained with this playing positively mantra that they don’t seem to realize that in the context of a Test cricket series it is actually better to draw games than to lose them. That pitch in Melbourne May have been an absolute Road but would anybody have felt confident that our batsmen could have battled it out for the draw the way that Smith and co so successfully did?
I think the main difference between our batsmen and theirs( Smith excepted cause he’s now in a different class to all the others)is that their guys didn’t throw their wickets away with loose shots anywhere near as frequently.
Ashes Thread on 15:13 - Jan 9 with 2043 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 09:46 - Jan 9 by johnhoop

I think this is a major cause of the problem though. They are so ingrained with this playing positively mantra that they don’t seem to realize that in the context of a Test cricket series it is actually better to draw games than to lose them. That pitch in Melbourne May have been an absolute Road but would anybody have felt confident that our batsmen could have battled it out for the draw the way that Smith and co so successfully did?
I think the main difference between our batsmen and theirs( Smith excepted cause he’s now in a different class to all the others)is that their guys didn’t throw their wickets away with loose shots anywhere near as frequently.

I think that you are right - it's what Boycott keeps saying as well.

When they came over here they lost 3-2 and OK they weren't very competitive tests any of them as I recall, but at least they won a couple over here. We never looked like doing that over there. Pakistan come here next - they won the Champions Trophy here so they won't be scared of our conditions. They have some good bowlers too - I am struggling to see us beating anyone much at all, certainly in terms of winning a test series.
Ashes Thread on 18:49 - Jan 14 with 1927 viewsTonto

Our test team may be appalling but the ODI team is very good. Jason Roy; take a bow... stunning innings

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Ashes Thread on 21:29 - Jan 14 with 1849 viewsHayesender

I know test and one day cricket are different animals, but surely the selectors should be looking at Roy and giving Hayles another go in the test arena!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ashes Thread on 16:38 - Jan 15 with 1759 viewscheeseydane

Roy i dont think will ever be a test player. Despite his antics yesterday, his natural instincts are to attack... which explains his rollercoaster form in ODIs.
Some people, no matter how good or bad, are better suited than others to playing 2 or 3 forms of the game.
Hayles however, i agree, should be worked with, and given more opportunities. With Cook likely to leave anytime, and Stoneman not having forged a position himself yet, we clearly need some talent up top. Although id like to see Hayles bat further down tbh. Think it would suit his game better in test matches.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Ashes Thread on 17:57 - Jan 15 with 1727 viewstoboboly

Ashes Thread on 16:38 - Jan 15 by cheeseydane

Roy i dont think will ever be a test player. Despite his antics yesterday, his natural instincts are to attack... which explains his rollercoaster form in ODIs.
Some people, no matter how good or bad, are better suited than others to playing 2 or 3 forms of the game.
Hayles however, i agree, should be worked with, and given more opportunities. With Cook likely to leave anytime, and Stoneman not having forged a position himself yet, we clearly need some talent up top. Although id like to see Hayles bat further down tbh. Think it would suit his game better in test matches.

Hales at 3 for me, better than Vince by miles.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 18:12 - Jan 15 with 1715 viewsNov77

Stokes has been charged with 'affray' so doubt we'll see him anytime soon

case is going to court

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes Thread on 18:38 - Jan 15 with 1707 viewsElHoop

World Cup 2019 tickets on sale soon:

https://www.ecb.co.uk/tickets/england
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024