Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 20:55 - Nov 16 with 4830 viewsBrightonhoop

Anyone tuned in? Do you think they've got TEA?
Fans Forum on 23:00 - Nov 16 with 3949 viewsdaveB

I saw the last 20 minutes, usual stuff really. whole thing is on the offish to watch

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/qpr-fans-forum-watch-again/
Fans Forum on 23:25 - Nov 16 with 3917 viewsBrightonhoop

Cheers Dave will take a look on the morrow. I think we are in safeish hands now.
Fans Forum on 00:32 - Nov 17 with 3872 viewsPunteR

Fans Forum on 23:00 - Nov 16 by daveB

I saw the last 20 minutes, usual stuff really. whole thing is on the offish to watch

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/qpr-fans-forum-watch-again/

Lee Hoos looks a bit dishevelled..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fans Forum on 13:39 - Nov 17 with 3641 viewsTracy_S

Fans Forum on 00:32 - Nov 17 by PunteR

Lee Hoos looks a bit dishevelled..

lol that's funny. Exactly what we were saying in that he looked like he'd been sleeping rough. Maybe he has seeing as there's no money at the club
Fans Forum on 13:49 - Nov 17 with 3630 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 13:39 - Nov 17 by Tracy_S

lol that's funny. Exactly what we were saying in that he looked like he'd been sleeping rough. Maybe he has seeing as there's no money at the club

I was really worried about him a year ago, the beard phase - I thought we were actually going to kill him. Lost some weight and facial hair of late which is a relief. Can't be an easy job though. Told me after last night he's "actually really enjoying the challenge" and then laughed for about a minute to himself.
Fans Forum on 13:54 - Nov 17 with 3619 viewsLunarJetman

Fans Forum on 13:49 - Nov 17 by Northernr

I was really worried about him a year ago, the beard phase - I thought we were actually going to kill him. Lost some weight and facial hair of late which is a relief. Can't be an easy job though. Told me after last night he's "actually really enjoying the challenge" and then laughed for about a minute to himself.

So we really are sending him insane....
Fans Forum on 14:23 - Nov 17 with 3569 viewsBushRanger82

Nope.
Can't see the point of these fan forums.
We still have the lower loft looking and sounding about as intimidating as a crèche.
Ticket prices that are just too high.
And no doubt, an attitude to cup runs that belies our now penniless state thanks to FFP.
If these forums were any use at all, these issues would have been addressed after the first forum.
As it is, I believe the club no longer even takes questions on some of the above issues face to face anymore.
Fans Forum on 14:27 - Nov 17 with 3562 viewsTonto

Fans Forum on 14:23 - Nov 17 by BushRanger82

Nope.
We still have the lower loft looking and sounding about as intimidating as a crèche.
And no doubt, an attitude to cup runs that belies our now penniless state thanks to FFP.
If these forums were any use at all, these issues would have been addressed after the first forum.
As it is, I believe the club no longer even takes questions on some of the above issues face to face anymore.

or could it be that having answered the same question and explained the reasons for the 6th time, its gets a bit pointless?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 14:28 - Nov 17 with 3562 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 14:23 - Nov 17 by BushRanger82

Nope.

Have you gone to the forum and asked them?

The Lower Loft and the ticket price questions have been asked and answered before - the lower loft one in particular has been done at every forum I've ever been to. You may not like the answers, but they have been given.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Fans Forum on 14:36 - Nov 17 with 3538 viewsBushRanger82

Fans Forum on 14:28 - Nov 17 by Northernr

Have you gone to the forum and asked them?

The Lower Loft and the ticket price questions have been asked and answered before - the lower loft one in particular has been done at every forum I've ever been to. You may not like the answers, but they have been given.

Work stands in the way of my attending, otherwise I would be there asking those questions, if allowed, that is. But as they're not, would be pretty pointless my being there.
Fans Forum on 14:41 - Nov 17 with 3528 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 14:36 - Nov 17 by BushRanger82

Work stands in the way of my attending, otherwise I would be there asking those questions, if allowed, that is. But as they're not, would be pretty pointless my being there.

Again, they have been asked, multiple times.

If you put your hand up and asked it what do you think would happen? Wrestled to the ground by Ian Taylor and the microphone removed from you? This is silly.

Fans Forum on 16:57 - Nov 17 with 3415 viewsBushRanger82

Fans Forum on 14:41 - Nov 17 by Northernr

Again, they have been asked, multiple times.

If you put your hand up and asked it what do you think would happen? Wrestled to the ground by Ian Taylor and the microphone removed from you? This is silly.

At last, something we can agree on.
It is silly, an enormous waste of everybody's time, as nothing actually changes.
We still pay too much for tickets.
The lower loft has all the intimidating atmosphere of a toddler's nursery.
And we're likely to lose 0-3 at home to the Dog and Duck Sunday league side in the FA Cup 3rd round.
Fans Forum on 17:56 - Nov 17 with 3389 viewsPunteR

Fans Forum on 16:57 - Nov 17 by BushRanger82

It is silly, an enormous waste of everybody's time, as nothing actually changes.
And we're likely to lose 0-3 at home to the Dog and Duck Sunday league side in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Have you ever been to a toddlers nursery..?
Fcuk that!! .. those places are insane, proper naughty, can kick off anytime without provocation..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Fans Forum on 18:00 - Nov 17 with 3385 viewsNorthernr

Ah, things not changing is different to people not being allowed questions, which is what you first alleged.

Like I say, you may not like the answers, but the answers have been given.
Fans Forum on 18:46 - Nov 17 with 3359 viewssmegma

How much is 'too much for tickets' ?? As my season ticket works out at 17 notes per game.
Fans Forum on 00:12 - Nov 18 with 3283 viewsRBlock

Bastards running the club charging us an amount for our season tickets that they still take a loss on. It's not as if we're in a dire financial situation is it, because then it may just be understandable. Anyway, why don't we try and get Crouchy in in January, we need a decent striker.
Fans Forum on 07:26 - Nov 18 with 3227 viewsTW_R

What is this obsession about cup runs? We've never been any good in the cup. One of our best ever teams lost in the 3rd round of the FA cup to a 2nd division Stockport. We put out pretty much a first team against Vauxhall Motors that should have comfortably won, but didn't. We are not a cup team.

If you believe we should be basing our financial future on a number of long cup runs you are seriously deluded.
Fans Forum on 09:03 - Nov 18 with 3169 viewsBushRanger82

Fans Forum on 07:26 - Nov 18 by TW_R

What is this obsession about cup runs? We've never been any good in the cup. One of our best ever teams lost in the 3rd round of the FA cup to a 2nd division Stockport. We put out pretty much a first team against Vauxhall Motors that should have comfortably won, but didn't. We are not a cup team.

If you believe we should be basing our financial future on a number of long cup runs you are seriously deluded.

Huh?
Where have I said QPR should base the funding of the club solely on cup runs?
I haven't said no such thing.

I do believe though, that the cups should be seen now as one way of accruing vital extra funding.

And if the only reason for our club having such a poor record in cup matches, especially in the last 10-15 years or so, was we have some sort of phobia about wanting to try to win some silverware, you'd get no argument from me.
But, as evidenced by the shameful way we bowed out of this season's league cup competition, and at home to Brentford of all clubs, it goes deeper than that, the club makes no effort whatsoever to compete or try to advance further in the cups, it's as simple as that.
If we can field a strong team, one everybody can see is good enough to win, but the manager deliberately chooses not to, and instead sends out a second string that would struggle to hold its own in league 2, we are all being cheated.

And to rub salt into the wound, the club charged £3.00 for a programme with less than half the normal content usually to be had. I mean, come on here!

Nobody, not a single one of us, should be so accepting of this fraud inflicted on us twice a season.
It's wrong.
A club can only try it's best, honestly and decently, like we used to, and you never know what might happen.
Unforgettable memories made for me in 1982, and my father in 1967. Yes, there was that forgettable day at Wembley in 1986, but for me it was the getting there, beating Chelsea away, beating Liverpool at home, qualifying for the final at Anfield in the second leg.
Great memories that didn't come around very often, though the club tried it's best always.
Never, ever, gonna happen again, not in this era, not with the club's current mode of thinking, and for everybody young and old, especially this generation of QPR supporters, and the ones that follow on, that is a great shame.
Fans Forum on 09:16 - Nov 18 with 3160 viewsBushRanger82

Fans Forum on 18:46 - Nov 17 by smegma

How much is 'too much for tickets' ?? As my season ticket works out at 17 notes per game.

I believe right up to the day of the game itself, the club was asking for something like £35 for some tickets for the home game against Burton Albion. BURTON ALBION.

Don't know about you, but I think that's too much, about £15 too much.

The game's got to be about getting as many bums on our empty seats as possible, especially in this era of Financial Fair Play.
Simple economics says charging people £35 for a ticket to watch us take on Burton Albion, or games of that calibre, 'aint going to cut it.
Fans Forum on 09:39 - Nov 18 with 3140 viewsRoller

Fans Forum on 09:16 - Nov 18 by BushRanger82

I believe right up to the day of the game itself, the club was asking for something like £35 for some tickets for the home game against Burton Albion. BURTON ALBION.

Don't know about you, but I think that's too much, about £15 too much.

The game's got to be about getting as many bums on our empty seats as possible, especially in this era of Financial Fair Play.
Simple economics says charging people £35 for a ticket to watch us take on Burton Albion, or games of that calibre, 'aint going to cut it.

Do you know how much money the club actually makes out of that £35 ticket?
Fans Forum on 10:14 - Nov 18 with 3111 viewsBushRanger82

Fans Forum on 09:39 - Nov 18 by Roller

Nothing if the ticket goes unsold due to the price being too high.
And if memory serves me, we had quite a few empty seats that game, as we have had all season really.
Fans Forum on 10:22 - Nov 18 with 3106 viewsBushRanger82

Fans Forum on 09:39 - Nov 18 by Roller

Also, had the £35 ticket had been £20, possibly more people would have attended, possibly increasing sales elsewhere like the club shop, programme, food and drink, etc, etc, etc.

You don't have to be Richard Branson to know that our club is quite possibly missing a hell of a trick here.
Fans Forum on 11:23 - Nov 18 with 3052 viewsRoller

Fans Forum on 10:22 - Nov 18 by BushRanger82

Also, had the £35 ticket had been £20, possibly more people would have attended, possibly increasing sales elsewhere like the club shop, programme, food and drink, etc, etc, etc.

You don't have to be Richard Branson to know that our club is quite possibly missing a hell of a trick here.

According to Lee Hoos the average ticket yield is £13. While it is not a straight linear projection, there are some fixed costs in there as well as the percentage based one such as VAT and the levy payable to the Football League, you also don't need to be Richard Branson to workout that at £20 there is a highly significant likelihood that they would be making less than a fiver for each ticket. Even selling twice as many would not bring in the same income regardless of how many burgers these extra visitors ate.

Once the parachute payments stop, ticket sales are going to be our biggest revenue stream. If I know anything about Lee Hoos there is absolutely no possibility that he hasn't run every model possible to ascertain the right level of pricing to maximise his income.
Fans Forum on 11:36 - Nov 18 with 3041 viewsTW_R

Fans Forum on 09:03 - Nov 18 by BushRanger82

Huh?
Where have I said QPR should base the funding of the club solely on cup runs?
I haven't said no such thing.

I do believe though, that the cups should be seen now as one way of accruing vital extra funding.

And if the only reason for our club having such a poor record in cup matches, especially in the last 10-15 years or so, was we have some sort of phobia about wanting to try to win some silverware, you'd get no argument from me.
But, as evidenced by the shameful way we bowed out of this season's league cup competition, and at home to Brentford of all clubs, it goes deeper than that, the club makes no effort whatsoever to compete or try to advance further in the cups, it's as simple as that.
If we can field a strong team, one everybody can see is good enough to win, but the manager deliberately chooses not to, and instead sends out a second string that would struggle to hold its own in league 2, we are all being cheated.

And to rub salt into the wound, the club charged £3.00 for a programme with less than half the normal content usually to be had. I mean, come on here!

Nobody, not a single one of us, should be so accepting of this fraud inflicted on us twice a season.
It's wrong.
A club can only try it's best, honestly and decently, like we used to, and you never know what might happen.
Unforgettable memories made for me in 1982, and my father in 1967. Yes, there was that forgettable day at Wembley in 1986, but for me it was the getting there, beating Chelsea away, beating Liverpool at home, qualifying for the final at Anfield in the second leg.
Great memories that didn't come around very often, though the club tried it's best always.
Never, ever, gonna happen again, not in this era, not with the club's current mode of thinking, and for everybody young and old, especially this generation of QPR supporters, and the ones that follow on, that is a great shame.

And where did I say "solely on cup runs"?

Our poor record in cup matches isn't a recent phenomena. It goes back throughout our history. Do you really believe we have any chance of winning any silverware? We've tried it all sorts of ways and very rarely had much success. The fact that you can only name a handful of highlights sort of proves the point. As said above, we've put out incredibly strong teams which included our best PL team and they still lost to 3rd tier opposition. Putting out your best team guarantees nothing.

I don't understand why you think you're being cheated? If you're turning up to an EFL Cup game expecting our best team to be playing then you haven't been paying attention. We aren't the only ones that follow this model. There's a very good reason why so many clubs do the same thing.

The fact is the Carabao club is not very lucrative. Fans aren't interested and all it does is add to an already packed fixture list at the beginning of the season. Clubs have to weighup whether it's realistic they are really going to make any money versus injuries/burnout of first team players.
Fans Forum on 11:52 - Nov 18 with 3020 viewsTW_R

Fans Forum on 11:23 - Nov 18 by Roller

According to Lee Hoos the average ticket yield is £13. While it is not a straight linear projection, there are some fixed costs in there as well as the percentage based one such as VAT and the levy payable to the Football League, you also don't need to be Richard Branson to workout that at £20 there is a highly significant likelihood that they would be making less than a fiver for each ticket. Even selling twice as many would not bring in the same income regardless of how many burgers these extra visitors ate.

Once the parachute payments stop, ticket sales are going to be our biggest revenue stream. If I know anything about Lee Hoos there is absolutely no possibility that he hasn't run every model possible to ascertain the right level of pricing to maximise his income.

Exactly this. There seems to be an assumption that the club have never thought through all the financial models and which ones are the most lucrative.

Simple economics tells you selling 5000 tickets at £35 earns you more money than 7000 tickets at £20. We've done family days where kids are a quid and special offers where members can buy a cheap 2nd ticket. I'm pretty sure we don't just pick up the money, put it in the safe and go "well, that was alright let's do it again next season". With the way our finances are at the moment I suspect we know to the pound how to generate the most revenue from a match day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024