Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. 17:36 - Nov 24 with 2664 viewsBerkoRanger

Incident - stay safe people.
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:43 - Nov 24 with 2644 viewsNorthernr

Met Police say on the scene, no shots fired.

BTP say one woman slightly injured falling on stairs escaping tube station, no other casualties.
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:45 - Nov 24 with 2631 viewsSharpy36

Big gang fight

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:47 - Nov 24 with 2622 viewsNorthernr

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:45 - Nov 24 by Sharpy36

Big gang fight

Pretty tepid one if so...

"To date police have not located any trace of any suspects, evidence of shots fired or causalities. Officers continue to work with colleagues from British Transport Police in the area of Oxford Circus."
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:51 - Nov 24 with 2610 viewsSharpy36

What ever it was, it was enough to send plenty of people running, from looking at some of the videos.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:53 - Nov 24 with 2604 viewsBrightonhoop

No evidence of gunfire or injuries.

Lots of events in central tonight cancelled.

Tube stops opened again.
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:54 - Nov 24 with 2595 viewsrobith

I know nothing happens to the press in this country but the daily mail tweeting a lorry attack had covered the pavements in blood is perhaps the single most irresponsible thing I've seen in my lifetime
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:56 - Nov 24 with 2586 viewsNorthernr

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:54 - Nov 24 by robith

I know nothing happens to the press in this country but the daily mail tweeting a lorry attack had covered the pavements in blood is perhaps the single most irresponsible thing I've seen in my lifetime

Based on a Tweet from a fortnight ago, which was apparently about some dude falling off a scaffold.

Rolling news is terrible for things like this, why be right when you can be first?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 17:57 - Nov 24 with 2574 viewsLblock

You can sense the abject dissapointment in the Sky reporters as it sinks in there might not be a story to report here apart from some stupid kids letting off fireworks

VVankers - same as most of the mee-jah

Hopefully it is a false alarm as seems

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 18:27 - Nov 24 with 2500 viewsactonman

Was in McDonald's Leicester Square knowing there was an incident then loads of people ran in from outside causing mass panic to half the restaurant while the other half continued to munch their cheeseburgers ?
The wife and boy where sh!ting themselves while I was more worried about wasting the food they here leaving behind .
Anyway something spooked someone as I went outside and people where on their toes and the shops where locking the doors ?
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 18:38 - Nov 24 with 2476 viewsHunterhoop

Was in a pub about 500 yards from Oxford Circus tube. About 50 people just stormed the pub - initially like it was some social event/storming of the bar - but very quickly felt like they were running from someone with a knife of gun. Bar staff handled it well. Bolted the doors. Got people to the back. Then asked what was going on. Someone said "suspect package on Oxford Street"...a few minutes later the Been had the update about an incident at Oxford Circus Tube.

Amazing how panic spreads. Genuinely, for a few seconds, I thought this was a London Bridge incident again and expected to hear the sound of shots and see someone with a gun run in behind the crowd.

Within a few minutes we got another pint. No quite sure why the bar staff were offering free water. This is England.
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 18:50 - Nov 24 with 2445 viewsBrightonhoop

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 18:27 - Nov 24 by actonman

Was in McDonald's Leicester Square knowing there was an incident then loads of people ran in from outside causing mass panic to half the restaurant while the other half continued to munch their cheeseburgers ?
The wife and boy where sh!ting themselves while I was more worried about wasting the food they here leaving behind .
Anyway something spooked someone as I went outside and people where on their toes and the shops where locking the doors ?

Acton, not digging you out but genuinely curious, this relatively new style of writing in which statements appear to be made but are ended with question marks. It appears to be a style copied from the spoken word ending comments with an upward inflection indicating a question. I see it more and more in the written word and always makes me wonder why the person has bothered to write because as a form of communiction the question mark seemingly at the end of a statement defeats the object of communicating. It can be a statement. It can be a question. But it cannot be both at the same time. For examle, your first question mark, suggests not only that you are questioning whether you were there, seemingly it's not a statement at all, and whether you are questioning whether people continued to eat, or are you questioning whether they continued to eat cheeseburgers, chicken burgers, Macs or some other culinary delight served in the establishment?
I'm genunely confused, are you questioning that folk were on their toes and that shops locked their doors, or stating it? If you weren't there and it's not clear, how would you know? lol
I dont wish to be pedantic but as an emerging form of the written word it does my effin' nogging in.
Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 18:59 - Nov 24 with 2415 viewskensalriser

Anyone confirm that Mick McCarthy was in the area?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 19:26 - Nov 24 with 2363 viewsbosh67

Seems to have been mass confusion. Everything back to relative normality. Sounds like police were on the scene in 60 seconds which is an amazing response.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 21:04 - Nov 24 with 2262 viewsactonman

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 18:50 - Nov 24 by Brightonhoop

Acton, not digging you out but genuinely curious, this relatively new style of writing in which statements appear to be made but are ended with question marks. It appears to be a style copied from the spoken word ending comments with an upward inflection indicating a question. I see it more and more in the written word and always makes me wonder why the person has bothered to write because as a form of communiction the question mark seemingly at the end of a statement defeats the object of communicating. It can be a statement. It can be a question. But it cannot be both at the same time. For examle, your first question mark, suggests not only that you are questioning whether you were there, seemingly it's not a statement at all, and whether you are questioning whether people continued to eat, or are you questioning whether they continued to eat cheeseburgers, chicken burgers, Macs or some other culinary delight served in the establishment?
I'm genunely confused, are you questioning that folk were on their toes and that shops locked their doors, or stating it? If you weren't there and it's not clear, how would you know? lol
I dont wish to be pedantic but as an emerging form of the written word it does my effin' nogging in.

I genuinely don't know what to say ?

Avoid Oxford Circus and W End. on 22:35 - Nov 25 with 1960 viewsBrightonhoop

Ha? Who knows?

Not digging you out it's confusing enough in spoken but in writing....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024