Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I on another planet? 10:54 - Nov 28 with 4908 viewsbosh67

Ollie on Cousins last night.

“I had to decide to play Jordan Cousins, who was injured the other day, and I thought he was terrific."

I actually thought he played quite well for the first 30 minutes but he has absolutely no idea how to play at right wing back, hasn't got a clue where he's meant to be, can't tackle and I've lost count of how many times he gets nutmegged, especially by the very talented lad with the upside down flock of seagulls haircut last night.

After 30 minutes he fades, limps about and starts to look like a fan who has won a competition to play 45+ minutes in the team.

I am starting to think that he's got compromising pictures of Ollie in his locker. Am I alone or is he actually the second coming of the messiah?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Am I on another planet? on 20:22 - Nov 28 with 1563 viewsLunarJetman

Am I on another planet? on 19:57 - Nov 28 by BlackCrowe

That's a fairly unique post

We have some fairly unique fans
Am I on another planet? on 22:11 - Nov 28 with 1508 viewsonlyrinmoray

Vibe looks a class player two excellent goals first game after coming back from injury A player like him is just what we are missing, clinical in front of goal
Am I on another planet? on 22:50 - Nov 28 with 1472 viewsCiderwithRsie

Am I on another planet? on 11:04 - Nov 28 by kingsburyR

Mackie never had it.

I've been saying it for ages. He's the fans darling for some reason. A lot of puff and not a lot else.

Surely we all know why Mackie is "the fans' darling" (though not on here): because a few years back he was our top goal scorer and worked his arse off every game, shortly before we brought in a bunch of idle gets who robbed us blind while never breaking sweat.

I'm not saying that Mackie should get in the side now or is adequate, but surely we can make that point without personally slagging him off.
Am I on another planet? on 23:13 - Nov 28 with 1453 viewsBromleyHoop

Am I on another planet? on 22:50 - Nov 28 by CiderwithRsie

Surely we all know why Mackie is "the fans' darling" (though not on here): because a few years back he was our top goal scorer and worked his arse off every game, shortly before we brought in a bunch of idle gets who robbed us blind while never breaking sweat.

I'm not saying that Mackie should get in the side now or is adequate, but surely we can make that point without personally slagging him off.

He still works his arse off every game. It’s just that as a footballer (even five years ago) his touch, technique, vision, pace and goal scoring ability are of non league standard.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Am I on another planet? on 02:10 - Nov 29 with 1425 viewstimcocking

Am I on another planet? on 19:53 - Nov 28 by oldmisery

I hate people who say, 'he gave 120 percent'. You can't give more than 100% you fools - but if you could I would agree 200% with your views on Cousins inability to play right back/wing back.
I don't dislike him; he seems an honest, hardworking individual (although clearly not match fit enough to last 90 minutes) but he hasn't the first idea about how to play there and it must be frustrating for any young (U23) defenders who see our injury crisis and know they won't ever get the opportunity to show what they can do.
I saw him play for Charlton about 4 times and he always played as a box to box central midfielder. Maybe he occasionally played full back/wing back for them, I don't know, but if he did then perhaps his ability to be successful in that position was synonymous with their ability to stay in the Championship.

Quite, 100% is the limit. Say more and clearly the concept hasn't been grasped.

Re Cousins, he'll be fine. He's an ok player and an excellent athlete with all the attributes to play wingback. Give him time, he's been out for donkeys' years.
Am I on another planet? on 08:36 - Nov 29 with 1384 viewsBklynRanger

Am I on another planet? on 19:57 - Nov 28 by BlackCrowe

That's a fairly unique post

I've been assuming that Holloway sees things in his game to make him a good player in that position. Some of it will be improved knowledge, confidence, form etc but he's shown some promise at least. I think part of it is when he originally came to us he wasn't thought of as periferal or a gamble - a lot of us were quite excited. But he's been out so much it's better to scrap all that and just let him work his way back. He played a great through ball into the box in the second half against Brentford - 3 or 4 of those a match, getting to the byline occasionally, learning the position, using his physique etc etc - we could - potentially - be singing his praises by the time the tulips are blooming. I'd rather stick with him and see what's possible.
Am I on another planet? on 10:25 - Nov 29 with 1339 viewsdaveB

We always have to have a scapegoat in the team who if they were dropped everything would be alright. If Ned was fit it would be him but now it's a mixture of Mackie and Cousins. It was Gladwin not long ago.

I thought Cousins was Ok the other night, we were very limited to what we could do on the right and Paw as a right back would have been a big mistake so going with a back 4 made sense due to the injuries. He's coming back from a long term injury and did a decent job for team. Holloway is trying to build his confidence up by praising him which is smart management.

As for Mackie I don't get the anger towards him, he's clearly not non league standard, he is a decent championship player these days, no more no less. He was one of the few who came out of the Premier League years with any credit

He helps the team press high up the pitch and he's a great character to have in the dressing room to help build a together dressing room. I thought he had a poor game on Monday but again options are limited at the moment, when you've just lost 3 in a row and local rivals are in town do you go with his experience or throw a Wheeler or Samual in and let them sink or swim. Was a tough call but I can see why he went with Mackie.
Am I on another planet? on 21:32 - Nov 29 with 1240 viewsPommyhoop

Am I on another planet? on 10:25 - Nov 29 by daveB

We always have to have a scapegoat in the team who if they were dropped everything would be alright. If Ned was fit it would be him but now it's a mixture of Mackie and Cousins. It was Gladwin not long ago.

I thought Cousins was Ok the other night, we were very limited to what we could do on the right and Paw as a right back would have been a big mistake so going with a back 4 made sense due to the injuries. He's coming back from a long term injury and did a decent job for team. Holloway is trying to build his confidence up by praising him which is smart management.

As for Mackie I don't get the anger towards him, he's clearly not non league standard, he is a decent championship player these days, no more no less. He was one of the few who came out of the Premier League years with any credit

He helps the team press high up the pitch and he's a great character to have in the dressing room to help build a together dressing room. I thought he had a poor game on Monday but again options are limited at the moment, when you've just lost 3 in a row and local rivals are in town do you go with his experience or throw a Wheeler or Samual in and let them sink or swim. Was a tough call but I can see why he went with Mackie.

Is Mackie getting grief at the games now Dave? I thought he had diplomatic immunity.
I must admit I've been shouting at the telly at him lately.
And him and Washington up front together is just embarrassing tbh..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Am I on another planet? on 21:45 - Nov 29 with 1231 viewsHunterhoop

Am I on another planet? on 10:25 - Nov 29 by daveB

I think the last few months are proving beyond doubt our defence is far better with Onouha than without. But that's no surprise to anyone who has any idea about defending.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024