Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa 17:20 - Mar 11 with 4298 viewsAgedR

Just watching their highlights from yesterday and it dawned on me that I really don’t like them. I hope they lose at Wembley, Bruce bursts the remainder of his blood vessels in his face and Terry has another blub.

Not good timing for this entirely irrational feeling I accept, as they may well get half a dozen against us on Tuesday.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 17:21]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Villa on 12:42 - Mar 12 with 715 viewsderbyhoop

Villa on 19:48 - Mar 11 by TGRRRSSS

Didnt we have a horrendous game at Adams Park in terrible wind and 2-2 draw with Rob Styles refereeing?

"horrendous game" and Rob Styles reffing. Surely not. Remember it well. Bean sent off for a great tackle about 10 m from us. Sat with Bircham's dad.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Villa on 17:44 - Mar 12 with 634 viewsStanFan

Those of us who are pretty ancient have happy memories of the trip to Villa Park on the last day of the 1967-68 season needing a win to get to the top division for the first time. I was very young but still remember the procession of R's fans celebrating in the streets of Birmingham.
Villa on 21:31 - Mar 12 with 566 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Villa on 10:26 - Mar 12 by daveB

compared to what we spent to go up and what Wolves spent they didn't spend that much and plenty of the team played in all 4 divisions for them.

Still wasn't done on a shoestring, mind. Aside from the JT connection, I don't mind Villa. I particularly like their stadium, a welcome break from the soulless bowls that seem commonplace nowadays.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 21:53]
Villa on 22:15 - Mar 12 with 518 viewsWestonsuperR

Villa on 19:05 - Mar 11 by Dorse

I quite like Bristol Rovers - they're like the West Country equivalent of us, especially in their vehement dislike of their bigger, more successful neighbour. Small ground, great gallows humour, friendly bunch of absolute nutters.

I’m with you! Only other team I look out for, I go and watch them occasionally, plenty of QPR connections also.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024