Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! 11:03 - May 7 with 10590 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lifted some of his comments off the Beeb. Hmm wondering who he could be talking about?

"There's been transfers that aren't even part of the squad for all kinds of reasons, whether it be discipline, whether it be lack of performance," Butland, 25, said.

"You've got to look at that - what decisions are being made and the type of characters."

"But you look at others and they're not even here to have an input. It's not because they were playing at the top of their game, because if they were they'd be here," he continued.

"Too many of the recent investments, and over the years, are completely unused and that's unacceptable. So before anyone is signed and any changes happen that's got to be looked at because it's been farcical really."

Paul Lambert replaced Mark Hughes as manager in January following Stoke's FA Cup third round defeat at League Two Coventry City. However, Stoke have managed just one league win under the Scot.

"I believe Paul's had an extremely difficult job," Butland said. "He inherited a squad where, unfortunately, there was ill-discipline and players you cannot rely on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:09 - May 7 with 5713 viewsoddball

mark teflon don leaving his exhaust fumes behind at another club.although its stoke. so who gives a fcuk.
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:15 - May 7 with 5679 viewsPunteR

Hughes is an utter disgrace really.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:17 - May 7 with 5666 viewsNorthernr

That's absolutely classic Hughes, and TBF to Fernandes exactly what he said on the podcast - the bloke clearly does absolutely no homework on the type of character he's signing. I mean a blind, deaf monkey could have told you Berahino was a wrong 'un.
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:25 - May 7 with 5623 viewsCheshireR

I wonder how many of those transfers Kia Joorabchin was involved in?
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:26 - May 7 with 5618 viewsMrSheen

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:25 - May 7 by CheshireR

I wonder how many of those transfers Kia Joorabchin was involved in?

I was going to say, I doubt his research goes any further than, “Who’s his agent?”
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:27 - May 7 with 5615 viewsPunteR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:17 - May 7 by Northernr

That's absolutely classic Hughes, and TBF to Fernandes exactly what he said on the podcast - the bloke clearly does absolutely no homework on the type of character he's signing. I mean a blind, deaf monkey could have told you Berahino was a wrong 'un.

But then to sack Hughes then employ Redknapp is farcical.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:33 - May 7 with 5597 viewskingo

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:27 - May 7 by PunteR

But then to sack Hughes then employ Redknapp is farcical.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time Redknapp had just got Spurs playing outstanding football and there was even a big campaign for him to get the England job. Many couldn’t understand why Spurs got rid and put it down to England. We now know he wasn’t the man for us but at the time we thought differently.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:37 - May 7 with 5573 viewsTacticalR

This is intriguing as Coates was supposed to be keeping Hughes on a tight leash.

Putting aside the question of agents and financial incentives, Hughes seems to have a fascination with these kind of players as they serve as a substitute for his big club ambitions.

Stoke sign Bojan from Barcelona
Stoke sign Bojan from Barcelona by timcocking 22 Jul 2014 21:22
Wtf? Hughes you tw@t.

Never mind, Caulker will arse fcuk him.

Or maybe he'll retire when he visits Stoke.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:37 - May 7 with 5566 viewsLongsufferingR

I'm certainly no fan of Lambert but it's really pleasing to see the blame being apportioned correctly. I'm a huge Swansea fan tomorrow night.
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:38 - May 7 with 5566 viewsN12Hoop

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:15 - May 7 by PunteR

Hughes is an utter disgrace really.

I’m desperate for Soton to go down so that Hughes will always be known as the manager who was responsible for 2 relegations. Even his mates in the media cannot positively spin that one. He’s only fit to manage somewhere like the SPL where you don’t need to be particularly good to succeed.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 11:39]

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:51 - May 7 with 5512 viewsEsox_Lucius

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:33 - May 7 by kingo

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time Redknapp had just got Spurs playing outstanding football and there was even a big campaign for him to get the England job. Many couldn’t understand why Spurs got rid and put it down to England. We now know he wasn’t the man for us but at the time we thought differently.

No we didn't! I was totally against his appointment from the first puff of smoke on the rumour. The man is a football cancer and I look forward to reading his obituary, the sooner the better.

The grass is always greener.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:05 - May 7 with 5455 viewskingo

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:51 - May 7 by Esox_Lucius

No we didn't! I was totally against his appointment from the first puff of smoke on the rumour. The man is a football cancer and I look forward to reading his obituary, the sooner the better.

You may not like him, as I don’t but the decision to get him was not farcical at the time.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:14 - May 7 with 5423 viewsEsox_Lucius

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:05 - May 7 by kingo

You may not like him, as I don’t but the decision to get him was not farcical at the time.

It was with his track record of dodgy deals, turnaround of players where he gets his cut, even a modicum of due diligence on his past should have had the club running a mile in the other direction to him. The coterie of Candleface, Pulis and Fat Sam shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any club that you have any affinity for.

The grass is always greener.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:22 - May 7 with 5390 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:14 - May 7 by Esox_Lucius

It was with his track record of dodgy deals, turnaround of players where he gets his cut, even a modicum of due diligence on his past should have had the club running a mile in the other direction to him. The coterie of Candleface, Pulis and Fat Sam shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any club that you have any affinity for.

One for the post, and a deep for using the word coterie to lump those shysters together!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:25 - May 7 with 5377 viewsPunteR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 11:33 - May 7 by kingo

Not really. Ask Pompey and Southampton fans. The fact Birmingham employed him is even more farcical and highlights how much foreign owners dont really know the English game.
Plenty of our fans didnt want him.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:30 - May 7 with 5359 viewskingo

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:14 - May 7 by Esox_Lucius

I am not defending Redknapp in any way shape or form. But the decision to make him manager was not farcical based on the success he had just had. Birmingham employing him could be described as farcical mind.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:40 - May 7 with 5317 viewsmakaveli1882

Deplorable caant is Hughes,

As a fan base we didn't complain to much when we beat

Wigan 3-1

Liverpool - 3-2

Arsenal 2-1

Swansea 3-0

Spurs 1-0

Stoke 1-0

But I am with rest and hope saints go down with Stoke
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:40 - May 7 with 5314 viewsPunteR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:30 - May 7 by kingo

I am not defending Redknapp in any way shape or form. But the decision to make him manager was not farcical based on the success he had just had. Birmingham employing him could be described as farcical mind.

Its no different to us employing him. Redknapp has form before he came here. The fact he got sacked from his previous club is a clue as well. Especially when Hughes got sacked for making ridiculous signings without getting results. They just repeated the process.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:50 - May 7 with 5274 viewskingo

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:40 - May 7 by PunteR

Its no different to us employing him. Redknapp has form before he came here. The fact he got sacked from his previous club is a clue as well. Especially when Hughes got sacked for making ridiculous signings without getting results. They just repeated the process.

If my memory serves me right, he was sacked after being linked with the England job and Levy said that he was being distracted. Not to do with any dodgy dealings.

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:56 - May 7 with 5261 viewsTacticalR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:40 - May 7 by makaveli1882

Wigan 3-1

Liverpool - 3-2

Arsenal 2-1

Swansea 3-0

Spurs 1-0

Stoke 1-0

I think this all revolves around how you interpret that series of victories at the end of Hughes' first season. Was beating Liverpool after having been 2-0 down with 13 minutes to go all part of Hughes' master plan? The longer his second season went on, the more players he brought in, the more it became apparent that Hughes didn't have a clue and that the end of his first season was a fluke.

The lesson seems to be that the more influence Hughes has, the more incompetent he shows himself to be.

Air hostess clique

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:08 - May 7 with 5213 viewsN12Hoop

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:56 - May 7 by TacticalR

I think this all revolves around how you interpret that series of victories at the end of Hughes' first season. Was beating Liverpool after having been 2-0 down with 13 minutes to go all part of Hughes' master plan? The longer his second season went on, the more players he brought in, the more it became apparent that Hughes didn't have a clue and that the end of his first season was a fluke.

The lesson seems to be that the more influence Hughes has, the more incompetent he shows himself to be.

I agree. There were some excellent performances but it was a fluke, as proved by how we started off the following season. The fans were also a big part of those performances, it’s a shame we don’t have atmosphere like that every game.
But going back to the main point, at no time did it appear Hughes had any kind of tactical plan, even after the oft-mentioned first 10 games

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:23 - May 7 with 5161 viewsCamberleyR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:30 - May 7 by kingo

It was your use of 'we' as if speaking for all the fanbase. I along with many others was against him from the off. He has been a chancer and dodgy as fck for years even going back before his time at Bournemouth.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:25 - May 7 with 5146 viewsmakaveli1882

The biggest crime of it all was letting NW go the 2nd time, had me routing me for Cardiff yesterday words I thought I would never say.
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:33 - May 7 with 5106 viewsterryb

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:50 - May 7 by kingo

If my memory serves me right, he was sacked after being linked with the England job and Levy said that he was being distracted. Not to do with any dodgy dealings.

As many of us stated when Redknapp's name was mentioned as a possible manager for Queens Park Rangers.

He had previously managed Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth & Southampton. On his departure, all four of those clubs were left with major financial difficulties. Maybe, none of these club's problems were due to our Harry. On the other hand, perhaps he was, at least, partially responsible for all of them.

It was a big NO from me at the time & it was inconceivable that he would have saved us from relegation or leave us in a decent state!
Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 13:34 - May 7 with 5101 viewsCamberleyR

Jack Butland - pulling no punches! on 12:40 - May 7 by makaveli1882

Wigan 3-1

Liverpool - 3-2

Arsenal 2-1

Swansea 3-0

Spurs 1-0

Stoke 1-0

Yessss, on the other hand.....

Away from home:

Newcastle lost 1-0
Aston Villa drew 2-2
Blackburn lost 3-2
Bolton lost 2-1
Sunderland lost 3-1
Man U lost 2-0
West Brom lost 1-0
ch*ls** lost 6 bloody 1
Man C lost 3-2

1 point from 27!!! Similarly w@nk away form that carried into next season.

And people coat off Holloway for his poor away record. Given those results above it's just as well we were decent at home. Let's not forget that it was Stoke doing us a favour on the last day in denying Bolton that kept us up in no small measure.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024