Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Byrne 22:27 - Jun 28 with 2677 viewsBlackCrowe

Anyone go to the Hammersmith gig last week. After a massively excessive night at the Stones the previous night i was flagging for this gig and not really wanting to go. Ended up seeing something that is in my top 10 gigs of all time...truly astonishing. Man's a genius.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

David Byrne on 22:36 - Jun 28 with 2663 viewsFearless

I was there too - as you say, outstanding
Totally ripped the rule book up and served up more theatre/art than a gig experience

Superb
David Byrne on 03:51 - Jun 29 with 2587 viewsKiwi76

Gents - did he play some of the Talking Heads classics we know and love or all newer matieral?
He's coming down here later in year and keen as long as some I'll recognise.
David Byrne on 03:53 - Jun 29 with 2586 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Stop making sense

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

David Byrne on 08:16 - Jun 29 with 2491 viewsBlackCrowe

David Byrne on 03:51 - Jun 29 by Kiwi76

Gents - did he play some of the Talking Heads classics we know and love or all newer matieral?

Half and half. The Talking Heads tracks were superb and true (i.e. not re-worked/re-imagined). I listened to his new album beforehand and thought it was ok, but live it sounded flipping great.

David Byrne on 09:56 - Jun 29 with 2444 viewsDannyPaddox

David Byrne was born in Dumbarton.

Not many people know that.
David Byrne on 10:29 - Jun 29 with 2419 viewsBlackCrowe

Catch him on Desert Island Discs from last month - a great listen. A true original and a bit nuts of course.

David Byrne on 11:49 - Jun 29 with 2377 viewsFearless

David Byrne on 03:51 - Jun 29 by Kiwi76

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-byrne/2018/eventim-apollo-london-england-6b
David Byrne on 23:11 - Jun 30 with 2213 viewswestberksr

Saw it the previous week at Oxford; what a fooking great show, the guy is a genius.

Went to the Stones on Tuesday, straight from Ascot, if it weren't for that I'd have snagged a ticket for Hammersmith too, but was kna kered and had work to do.

The visual was so simple but so clever. He's doing the O2 in October, which is a shame as I hate that place!
Login to get fewer ads

David Byrne on 06:31 - Jul 1 with 2165 viewsPunteR

I watch a lot of youtube. He's one of the best performers out there. He's obviously not as iconic as Bowie but as an artist and performer Byrne is up there. Love watching his older gigs from the 80s. Talking heads passed me by at the time but looking back they were great.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024