Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Plaque 13:48 - Jul 14 with 5149 viewsBoston

I was slightly surprised this morning to learn that the London Borough of Brent only has one of those Blue Plaques installed within its boundaries. It’s on the wall of 11 Forty Lane in Wembley Park, just before you hit Blackbird Cross and enter the badlands of Neasden. Apparently the bloke who cavorted around as Old Mother Riley lived there. Now god bless him, but surely we have others as/more deserving of this memorial? Farks name, Keith Moon lived up by me for starters.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Blue Plaque on 23:52 - Jul 15 with 985 viewsPeterHucker

on Brook Green in Hammersmith there's one for the composer Gustav Holst who taught at the girls school there.

He could knock out a tune could Gustav.

shedloads of them around Russell Square / UCL area.
Some big hitters too, Dickens, Lenin, Darwin
Blue Plaque on 23:58 - Jul 15 with 977 viewssmegma

Blue Plaque on 23:23 - Jul 14 by hubble

Norman Wisdom blue plaque just down the road from me, where Albania's favourite comedian was born.

I met him once. In Albania of all places !!!
Blue Plaque on 00:01 - Jul 16 with 971 viewssmegma

Blue Plaque on 08:23 - Jul 15 by DWQPR

Sir William Perkins School is now on the site of the old Glaxo Sports Ground in Oldfield Lane. The school blazer color is mauve, after the dye invented by Sir William Perkin.

And when the Oldfield boozer was bulldozed they named the replacement flats William Perkin Court.
Blue Plaque on 09:47 - Jul 16 with 888 viewsHooparoo

Blue Plaque on 01:43 - Jul 15 by Boston

Wouldn’t a Bowie fan be ‘Underpressure’?

🤓

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Blue Plaque on 09:59 - Jul 16 with 879 viewsMick_S

Does this count as it's a bit turquoise?

Hayes.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Blue Plaque on 11:00 - Jul 16 with 853 viewsrobith

The only criteria is they have to be dead for 20 years, so feel free to propose him if you feel strongly

"However, plaques are as much about the buildings in which people lived and worked as about the subjects being commemorated — the intrinsic aim of English Heritage blue plaques is to celebrate the relationship between people and place. For this reason, we only erect a plaque if there is a surviving building closely associated with the person in question."

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/blue-plaques/propose-a-plaque/
Blue Plaque on 19:57 - Jul 16 with 781 viewssmegma

Blue Plaque on 09:59 - Jul 16 by Mick_S

Does this count as it's a bit turquoise?

Hayes.

There's a proper blue one at 22 Portobello Road for George Orwell. He never foresaw that in 1984 !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024