Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 10:16 - Aug 11 with 22200 viewsPinnerPaul

If anyone's interested - 1st home game of the season and not started yet - hmmmmmm?

Anyway, Mrs PP coming today and she didn't see us lose last season, so here's to keeping up her fine record.

1-1 for me -Sylla to start and score
Match Thread on 17:22 - Aug 11 with 1601 viewsBerkoRanger

Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 11 by Mytch_QPR

We've only got 44 games left to save our season.

But we're only 4 points behind the playoffs.....
Match Thread on 17:23 - Aug 11 with 1591 viewsRangersDave

Match Thread on 17:13 - Aug 11 by EmpireStateRanger

Thought it was a crap penalty call.

That said, those last 15-20 minutes were unbearable. No sense of urgency, nobody makin runs, passes from side to side.

We’re in trouble.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 17:54]

its ok mate,

were 3rd from bottom, its not all doom and gloom lol

says it all really......

[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 17:26]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Match Thread on 17:30 - Aug 11 with 1520 viewsSimonJames

Match Thread on 17:23 - Aug 11 by RangersDave

its ok mate,

says it all really......

Sadly we're actually 2nd from bottom...
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 17:31]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Match Thread on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 1343 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Match Thread on 17:23 - Aug 11 by RangersDave

its ok mate,

says it all really......

Admittedly a bit dramatic on my end. I just wasn’t very encouraged by what I saw, especially nearing the end.
Match Thread on 18:07 - Aug 11 with 1263 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 16:26 - Aug 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, I think it probably was.

That's what I thought live - haven't seen it since though
Match Thread on 18:10 - Aug 11 with 1242 viewsStanisgod

Match Thread on 17:56 - Aug 11 by EmpireStateRanger

Admittedly a bit dramatic on my end. I just wasn’t very encouraged by what I saw, especially nearing the end.

If Smyth off was tactical it backfired. He was pulling them here and there with his constant buzzing around and movement. Second half their back 5 were like they were on a foosball rod.
On another note I actually believe now after both games that teams like sheff utd, p ne, Reading etc look at what ref they have next game and look at his record. Is he piss weak like the two so far or do we actually try to win by playing some football. Its become part of the preparation for games almost as much as studying the oppo players. We need to take note. Cheating is now unfortunately part of the game, and cheats obviously do prosper.
I feel better now.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Match Thread on 18:12 - Aug 11 with 1235 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 17:14 - Aug 11 by karl

Yes midfield has to share blame for defensive weakness, was commented that removing Smyth, if tactical, would be a risk defensively. Can't say it had a direct impact but losing general defensive stability in one area does affect across the team.
Think MacClaren has to be a bit more pragmatic at the start of this season and then try and bring some flair into things later, just don't think squad is strong enough for his normal approach, albeit its a style I would prefer to watch

He WAS woeful though - gave the ball away and/or disposed so many times in 45' that I lost count.

Someone said he did well defensively - really? Most expected sub I've seen tbh.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 18:13]
Match Thread on 18:15 - Aug 11 with 1220 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 18:10 - Aug 11 by Stanisgod

If Smyth off was tactical it backfired. He was pulling them here and there with his constant buzzing around and movement. Second half their back 5 were like they were on a foosball rod.
On another note I actually believe now after both games that teams like sheff utd, p ne, Reading etc look at what ref they have next game and look at his record. Is he piss weak like the two so far or do we actually try to win by playing some football. Its become part of the preparation for games almost as much as studying the oppo players. We need to take note. Cheating is now unfortunately part of the game, and cheats obviously do prosper.
I feel better now.

Funny how we see things differently - I really thought he was so poor, giving the ball away for fun.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 18:19 - Aug 11 with 1193 viewsStanisgod

Match Thread on 18:15 - Aug 11 by PinnerPaul

Funny how we see things differently - I really thought he was so poor, giving the ball away for fun.

Yeah, to be fair mate I'm not saying he played great but he did still move that back 5 from its ridgednes.
Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Match Thread on 18:23 - Aug 11 with 1169 viewsPinnerPaul

Match Thread on 18:19 - Aug 11 by Stanisgod

Yeah, to be fair mate I'm not saying he played great but he did still move that back 5 from its ridgednes.
Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

In the spirit of fairness ;-), we didn't play to his strength - his pace.

Only once did he get the chance to worry them with that and only then from a misplaced Sheff Utd pass I think it was!
Match Thread on 18:24 - Aug 11 with 1160 viewsBoston

Personally, I blame the new chairman.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Match Thread on 21:38 - Aug 11 with 925 viewsHooparoo

Match Thread on 11:07 - Aug 11 by Hooparoo

Someone will be nil. There will be shouting. Blood will flow.

Two out three ain’t bad. So glad I switched the telly off at half time and hit the sack. Long hard season coming up I think. 😕

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024