Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking after Ingham 18:55 - Aug 18 with 8524 viewsMyke

No point in saying anything more about the game. But I will say this, it's very important that Ingham is looked after, after this result and we the fans - not such much on the pitch , but especially on Social Media - must play a big part in it. He is a young man, just making his way in the game and something like this could break him.
I remember years and years ago we beat Burnley 7-1. They had a young man called Billy O Rourke (I think) who was making his debut and he was distraught afterwards. I wouldn't have much knowledge about Burnley back then, but I don't think he made much of a career out of it. I discovered to my shock a couple of years ago on one of Clive's 'games in History' pieces that he died a young man.
Not suggesting there was a connection between the thrashing and his death, but am categorically saying that Ingham must be protected over the next days and weeks and given a chance to get over this huge set-back right at the start of his career. We must resist the temptation to vent our frustration at him (and indeed Kakay too) over the result. Some of the things said to Karius after the Champions League final were absolutely disgusting and we must ensure we don't go down that road. He and the whole team need our support more than ever.
Looking after Ingham on 23:59 - Aug 19 with 966 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Looking after Ingham on 12:14 - Aug 19 by Esox_Lucius

How does criticising and belittling the players make you feel? they have no recourse to a reply; as pointed out, it doesn't help them in any way shape or form. If it isn't something you would say to their face, which you can before games if you feel the need, then it has no place on the messageboard... and before you call me out, I did say something to both Barton & 'arry before games to let them know exactly how I felt about them being at QPR. All the other players I was either meh about or liked them just because they were QPR players.

This is a very good point.

I saw something earlier which brought a few things home to roost. Playing cricket in the godforsaken sht hole that is Kidbrooke. Near to where a couple of our young players grew up. Eze and Kakay I think. A young lad on the same playing field, clearly a proper good footballer, training all afternoon. Running around cones doing ball skills. Kicking long balls backwards and forwards. Chasing a dream.

This is the way most of our squad got to where they are. This is the way that lazy fcking waste of oxygen Matt Phillips got to where he is. Playing football in front of thousands/millions of people. Only to be berated/criticised/belittled by us. You and me.

Not really sure what might my point is but thought i'd share.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 0:01]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Looking after Ingham on 00:08 - Aug 20 with 941 viewsitsbiga

I don't berate the players if they put in the effort but don't have the skills.
The result yesterday seemed more a case of players not good enough and coaching not good enough. Sure they may have given up by the end but if I was getting my head panel beaten by Mike Tyson I'd prob just let him knock me out to get it over and done with.
Our players are L1 standard and I cant pick 3 teams that are worse than us.
I cant even pick 1.
Pick the other 2 going down from Ipswich, Rotherham, Hull and Reading in my opinion.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 0:15]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Looking after Ingham on 17:30 - Aug 20 with 809 viewsDando

Its not all Ingrams fault, as our defense clearly isnt good enough. However, I do think the defence also suffers a bi from Ingrams lack of confidence and presence. He sticks to his line, doesnt command the area, and seems extremely slow to release the ball.

Although the cup game could be seen as an easier match, I see that Lumley looked far more confident and no coincidence that it ended up with a clean sheet. Also no coincedence that Baptiste played instead of Lynch. These changes should have been kept for the league, and I hope will be seen tomorrow
Looking after Ingham on 17:45 - Aug 20 with 772 viewsPinnerPaul

Sorry if this has been said, but positions reversed and Ingram watches Lumley concede 7, he would expect to play the next match no question!

So its not going to 'break him' if dropped - its football, he will be expecting it.
Looking after Ingham on 17:46 - Aug 20 with 771 viewsflynnbo

Well, I hope his distribution has improved as he looked awful when I saw him in an under 23 match, I think it was, against Huddersfield who had the game's outstanding player in Billing who is a regular now. His time at Blackpool should have seen this improve although wasn't he culpable for Leeds' second goal last year at Bellend Road? Have to say he "looks" more like a keeper than Ingram.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024